Sign in to follow this  
Bobi_Kreeg

Most Valuable Tech Tree Branch?

I often recruit players or give advice to random newbies, but I never have an adequate answer to one question: What is the best tech tree to research if you wanna get into team battles asap?

Currently I would say - T57 and 50B branches.

Because I believe that T69, 50-100, 50B, and T57 are 4 essential, non-replaceable, tanks for competitive team battles, and mastering those 4 should give you a spot in a decent clan/team.

For someone interested only in CW the old T-54 branch seems to be the best one. It is the only one that leads to two very good tier 10 tanks.

Would you agree, and why not? :D

Which tanks to avoid at all cost?

For CW - T-62A/Obj. 140 

Most tanks in the line are decent to good and you can unlock two T Xs from the T-54 which is one of the best Tier IXs right now...

For Randoms - Depends on what tanks you prefer, there are plenty of good lines (Obj. 268, E-100, T57 etc)

For Tournaments/ESL - AMX 50 100. This is the tank that is used 90% of the games...

Russian line - best for CW, no question about it

- T62 and Obj 410

- IS7 is back in action, and some times even the IS4 is used (rare event)

- Obj 261 best arti there is atm in t10

- Obj 268 also works on some maps in CW

+ IS3 for some t8 action

on NA at least, E5, T-62A (and 140), Batchat, T57. main CW tanks. IS-7/50B/E-100 would probably be secondary, if a map needs them or if all the main ones are locked 

Team battles? 50 100, IS-3, T69, Rhm B seems to be used often. we have had successes with it in DOGE team battles. 13 90, WZ-132.

That's too much volume for my average recruit. If I tell them they need to grind through 10 lines they will call me a masochist and go back to playing Battlefield. :verysmug:

I seriously don't wanna tell new people that they need more than 3 top tanks. That's why I opened this thread, to find a few lines that offer the most usable tanks.

Key tanks for the three primary roles:

Meat shields:

- E-100

- E3

optional:  Maus

Scouts/flankers:

- batbat

- T-62A and/or 140

optional:  Leo1

Primary Attack Tank:

- T57

- E5

optional:  whatever the OP fotm is -- foch 155, E4, waffles, etc

A strong candidate will have most or all tanks in at least one given role and enjoy/do well at it.  For your first tank, go bat, t57, e100, or T-62A depending on your preferences/needs, then fill in as you see fit.  And its better to master one role than get lots of random t10s without focus.

Key tanks for the three primary roles:

Meat shields:

- E-100

- E3

optional:  Maus

Scouts/flankers:

- batbat

- T-62A and/or 140

optional:  Leo1

Primary Attack Tank:

- T57

- E5

optional:  whatever the OP fotm is -- foch 155, E4, waffles, etc

A strong candidate will have most or all tanks in at least one given role and enjoy/do well at it.  For your first tank, go bat, t57, e100, or T-62A depending on your preferences/needs, then fill in as you see fit.  And its better to master one role than get lots of random t10s without focus.

So....you don't see any use in a sniper/assault TD like the Obj. 268 for CW?