Okeano

Kittikat step up your game - Dafuq did I just read?

Holy crap what is it about RL boobs on the internet that make gamers completely lose their shit.

On the other hand as I think back to the years of my life pissed away in World of Warcraft Addiction, there were RL boobs everywhere and no one gave a poop. Huh.

One time I made a post where I copypastaed a bunch of random long rants into a 40+ page megarant.  Not only did hundreds of people read the entire thing, but unknown to me towards the end of one of the rants the OP mentioned being on her period.  Therefore, the forum concluded I was female.

Oh jesus.  The PMs I got that week were...interesting.  o_o

One time I made a post where I copypastaed a bunch of random long rants into a 40+ page megarant.  Not only did hundreds of people read the entire thing, but unknown to me towards the end of one of the rants the OP mentioned being on her period.  Therefore, the forum concluded I was female.

Oh jesus.  The PMs I got that week were...interesting.  o_o

Hi Garbad,

I heard you were in the same location and a girl irl, well I'm a boy irl and I think we have a lot of stuff in common (tanks) let's fuck.

Hi Garbad,

I heard you were in the same location and a girl irl, well I'm a boy irl and I think we have a lot of stuff in common (tanks) let's fuck.

My GF is a gamer (not tanks tho, sorry) and some of the messages she gets horrify me.  The best one was some dude randomly messaged her with the title:  "Average sized dude made memorable because of the costumes I love to wear!" Then it was tons of dick pictures with his tiny dick dressed up as a hog dog, a water gun, a lion, and various other things. 

He wasn't wrong, it was burned into my mind.  o_o

So now having dated a girl gamer and seeing for myself the bombardment of creepiness, awkward "friend" attempts, and so on I have resolved to never, ever speak to any female on the internets out of shame for my gender/hobby.  Seriously, the level of harassment they get is insane.

My GF is a gamer (not tanks tho, sorry) and some of the messages she gets horrify me.  The best one was some dude randomly messaged her with the title:  "Average sized dude made memorable because of the costumes I love to wear!" Then it was tons of dick pictures with his tiny dick dressed up as a hog dog, a water gun, a lion, and various other things. 

He wasn't wrong, it was burned into my mind.  o_o

So now having dated a girl gamer and seeing for myself the bombardment of creepiness, awkward "friend" attempts, and so on I have resolved to never, ever speak to any female on the internets out of shame for my gender/hobby.  Seriously, the level of harassment they get is insane.

I don't think I could date a girl gamer. Most of them are so used to that stuff that they get all attention whorish, and then it just goes downhill from there. About the only gaming my wife does is crappy phone games, although she does like to watch me play some stuff, like The Last of Us, or CoD when I still played that. Unfortunately, she hates this game.  :sad:

I don't think I could date a girl gamer. Most of them are so used to that stuff that they get all attention whorish, and then it just goes downhill from there. About the only gaming my wife does is crappy phone games, although she does like to watch me play some stuff, like The Last of Us, or CoD when I still played that. Unfortunately, she hates this game.  :sad:

Here now -- not all girl gamers are attention whores.  In fact I'd say the attn whores are a huge minority.  Most just like to play, just like anyone else.  Its just all girls get flooded with harassment online, including the fake friends, creepy sexual "jokes," and so on.  And I for one had no idea how staggeringly pervasive it was until my current GF.  Its really pretty pathetic tbh, but when you call the creepers out they will just neckbeard at you and say its all a "joke."  And that's why ~75% of female gamers won't get on TS.

As for hating the time spent gaming...well...let's just say that seems to be a universal.  I bet back when Julius was spending all his time at the Colosseum his wife Claudia was pissed when he got home.

I don't think I could date a girl gamer. Most of them are so used to that stuff that they get all attention whorish, and then it just goes downhill from there. About the only gaming my wife does is crappy phone games, although she does like to watch me play some stuff, like The Last of Us, or CoD when I still played that. Unfortunately, she hates this game.   :sad:

I've seen it both ways, but the majority of my female e-friends are pretty normal. There is of course selection bias, can't be e-friends with no crazy ass ladies. But they do get creeped on, a lot, even the normal non-attention seekers.  

The Garbad policy isn't one I've personally adopted, but I can see the rationale. I have a number of long term friends I've met through gaming, both male and female - but this appears to be the exception not the rule. We sometimes grab coffee, rides to the airport, proof a resume/cover letter, like basic normal friend stuff, distant or not...

I think the problem lies more in the fact that the more creepy and ridiculous shit is just more visible.

There are a TON of us (like me) who are married, who could really give a shit if you have titties or not as long as you're a good tanker I'll play with you. 

The issue is that just like in real life there are very socially inept people running around, and normally they don't get the chance or have the courage to talk to women... so when given an avenue to do so via the internet they jump at the chance, and since they have no experience with it... it comes out horribly.

The issue is that just like in real life there are very socially inept people running around, and normally they don't get the chance or have the courage to talk to women... so when given an avenue to do so via the internet they jump at the chance, and since they have no experience with it... it comes out horribly.

The awkward betas are one thing; the worse group are the kind who get off on harassment.  They aren't merely awkward, they are actively creepers hiding behind anonymity to stalk and degrade.  I mean seriously.  In the history of humanity, has any female ever responded to a random dick pick?  Of course not, its no different than street harassment -- they just like to be crude and know the woman has to take it.  Meanwhile, they get to fap and fantasize.

What do you mean? "WOW! Boobs +1" is amongst my top 5 pickup line.

f2rLQ.png

/oblig

Of course, actually interesting personalities, who might be girls irl, could optionally use the aforementioned rule for protection/anonymity.  But whatever blah blah

Holy... Mind = blown.