NavySnipers

How to frontally penetrate British tank destroyers.

All the mantlets except tortoise's are really. Except Tortoise has the problem of having 200-ish mm armour at a point where some guns get 260 pen with conventional ammunition.

The AT-15 suffers massively from having it's biggest weakpoint be a spot where autoaim goes to by default - The entire bulbous area around the gun.

Even with their weak-spots, the AT-line are very nice tanks.

My AT-15 is currently running a crazy WR and it feels like a "Win Button" tank playing it :-)

You forgot on the AT8 the area around the flamethrower on the right side is easy to penetrate and easier to hit than the cupola.

Edit: Oops Tupinambis beat me to it

Just thought to share this video of me alone in an AT8 against 2 meds and a low level arty.

What follows is 8 1/2 minutes (edited down) of them shooting me and failing to kill me, resulting ultimately in a draw.

So i guess, an example of how not to engage an AT8 :P

Quite amusing when my own team mates are telling them to just finish me since they can't watch anymore suffering lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C9MwqCFRfQ

Shooting the cupola's is a good & fun tactic, especially if the AT driver thinks he's invulnerable (wich tends to be the mindset in randoms). Loving my Stug especially for this, good camovalue + highly accurate gun: shot after shot pens the fellow, and by the time he realizes someone is damaging him reliably it's either too late, or they try to get asap in cover, exposing sides in panic, allowing teammates to finish the guy off (detrack makes him a sitting duck, waiting for death).

But, you know, in the Pz3/4 i have to get lucky to pen that cupola on the AT2...

Luckyly the T1HT has no such problems ^^

Ackcherly, see that wee little gun on the left side of an AT8?

Shoot that bit.

It is a window that lets the shells in.

don't tell the baddies, I may want one one day,

I will be interested to see how my TD's do after 8.6.  I've had very good luck trying to stay at medium to long range in them.  Doing so minimizes the risk of being flanked (and there is no helpless like a medium on your side in one of these...), and also makes it harder to isolate on the weak spots.  That said, better aim will be a problem, if people know where to shoot.

This is what XVM is for when you're driving one of these machines. Avoid facing similar tiered competent tankers with high DPM guns and you're going to stay alive long enough to farm the tears of non-aiming pubbies.