Sprak

Game Modes: What Do You Have Enabled?

Game Modes  

154 members have voted

1. 1. What Game Modes Do You Have Enabled?

Per topic, what game modes do you have enabled? Personally, I have both encounter and assault disabled. Some of the assault map designs are just god awful (or were, when I last played them), and with the current meta, they're just not all that fun. And pubbies are bad enough as it is, if you throw a different game mode at them, they'll have entirely no clue where to go, and just be really, really bad. 

What game modes do you play?

I have everything enabled.

assault and encounter is god like for damage farming, encounter because everyones concentrated closely.

Assault is fucking amazing because simply everyone is deep red, roll in a platoon and you can afk farm 5k np because 44%ers.\

Why they are hated is because most people have no idea how to play them, thus they assume the mode is bad, but usually when make them play them when they platoon with me they see the light of farming the red seas.

west server assault you can see shit like where the enemy team doesn't have a single person over 700 wn7.

I disabled everything a long time ago, but I'm considering reenabling Encounter due to easiness to farm/carry. I haven't done it yet though because I'm afraid it'll wreck my w/r if I suck at it, heh.

I disabled assault the second I logged into 8.0 for the first time. never looked back. turned encounter off as well, was considering turning it on until lol mountain pass encounter. but I think that was taken out in 8.9 wasn't it? so I could re turn it back on.

assault is just disgusting. I hated it, and I refuse to play with anyone that has it turned on.

I have everything enabled.

assault and encounter is god like for damage farming, encounter because everyones concentrated closely.

Assault is fucking amazing because simply everyone is deep red, roll in a platoon and you can afk farm 5k np because 44%ers.\

Why they are hated is because most people have no idea how to play them, thus they assume the mode is bad, but usually when make them play them when they platoon with me they see the light of farming the red seas.

west server assault you can see shit like where the enemy team doesn't have a single person over 700 wn7.

How many games do you encounter that, if you get killed before ~carryhard mode engaged~ your team just completely potatoes and blows what should be an easy victory?

After the whole prok assault one time I turned that off. and I played encounter in TC's and thought it was dumber than sh**

So both are off. Maybe I'll try them again someday. Standard is getting repetitive, or I could say sacred valley and pearl river are getting annoying

Encounter & Standard.

I tried re-enabling Assault after Worst's post on the topic but I'm simply not good enough to carry 14 redballs to victory :-(

Everything turned on.

Encounter/Assault did have huge problems early on.  Westfied/Prok assault were beyond stupid.  Siegfried line is the only one left that favors the defense, otherwise the other maps really aren't bad for either side.  

Erlenburg goes from terrible draw map to a really fun one in either assault/encounter mode.  They should seriously take the assault version, slap a cap zone on the south side, and turn that into the new Erlengburg Standard map.

Redshire goes from terrible draw map to cap-fast bloodbath.

Lakeville and Mines encounter is very interesting because a lot of fighting happens on and around the cap but isn't necessarily cap-fast.  The threat of capping is just persistent due to the cap zone being littered with buildings.

It's fun.

Erlenburg goes from terrible draw map to a really fun one in either assault/encounter mode.  They should seriously take the assault version, slap a cap zone on the south side, and turn that into the new Erlengburg Standard map.

Dude! I have said the exact same thing so many times! I think I even posted it in the Suggestions section of the official forums.

Everything on.

1) To improve my improvisational and situational skills.

2) More variability makes more fun.

3) I really like some assault and encounter maps.

Turned off Assault long ago cuz I saw an Illusion post saying I should. But ... that was several patches/many months ago.  I should turn it back on for a while to see how they've made them better ... IF they've made them better ...

I've always hated Assault, and turned it off the moment I could.  

Encounter adds some fun to the game, and helps farm defense points.  

I play standard exclusively.

I used to play standard+encounter, but some of the maps they converted to encounter were so awful I turned it off a few months ago.

I never liked assault, mostly because it is a gamemode more centered on teamwork than the others, and I play solo for nearly all my games, I haven't platooned in a few months I don't think.

I just switched off assault, got tired of a dumbed down campfest most of it turns into.  Some of the maps are still playable, what makes me want to turn it on at all is Siegfreid line.  Dont care if its balanced, its always fun for me.

Everything turned on.

Encounter/Assault did have huge problems early on.  Westfied/Prok assault were beyond stupid.  Siegfried line is the only one left that favors the defense, otherwise the other maps really aren't bad for either side.  

Redshire goes from terrible draw map to cap-fast bloodbath.

Lakeville and Mines encounter is very interesting because a lot of fighting happens on and around the cap but isn't necessarily cap-fast.  The threat of capping is just persistent due to the cap zone being littered with buildings.

It's fun.

on some camping map during standard battle

camp.gif

Encounter mode on same map

129840910703_battle.jpg

I recently turned Encounter back on as the last few times I got it while in platoons with others that had it on it didn't really seem that bad anymore.  I seem to farm more damage in Encounter.  Plus I feel like I had gotten to the point where I was getting stagnant in my Standard mode play and just using the same spots every time.  Hopefully this will allow me to see more map positions.

I used to have encounter on but turned it off when I realized that:

A) I can't trust anybody to reset cap even if most of the team is there, and

B) I'm not good enough to win a match for 14 first-class morons consistently with the threat of cap-fast.

I also have assault off because I don't platoon as much as I'd like to.

After Worst's post, I think I am going to turn assault and encounter back on.  I do enjoy the mad pubbie damage farming.

and honestly I am getting a little burnt of the same map modes over and over.

will report back.

Just standard. There are too many maps to learn three different versions of every one.

It feels like WG put little to no effort into designing and balancing the new game modes. It is almost as if they just slapped down a cap circle and spawn points on every map and said "D3RP OK guise u have new game modez now like you asked. Enjoy! And remember to buy more gold for more great new developments." :serb:

Most of the standard maps have been around for years and matured a great deal in that time. The assault and encounter variations are still being changed constantly. 

I may try the other modes again, but I just don't have the patience to tolerate pubbies who are trying to capture standard flag areas in non-standard game modes.   Somehow I don't think they've gotten any smarter in the last year or so.