Intel i5 3750 @3.6GHz or 4.0GHz turbo

Ram: 4GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz (never got more because I had Win7 32bit)

GC: XFX HD6750 Core edition 700 core clock,720 stream processors, 128bit memory,1600 memory clock. 1GB dedicated memory

Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3

Two random Shit HDDs (148GB and 75GB)

Corsair k70 cherry MX blues

E-blue Mazer gaming mouse.

Windows 10 home edition 64bit

Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 2

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

CPU: i5-4670 @ 3.4Ghz, 3.8 Turbo

GFX: MSI GeForce 770 GTX, 2GB

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill TridentX

PSU: SeaSonic SS760 XP2 Platinum (These guys make brilliant PSUs, highly recommended)

Storage: 128GB SSD for OS plus 2GB HDD

Fans: Coolermaster 212 Evo for CPU + some 120mm Noctuas for case fans. Those are nice and quiet

Windows 10 Pro x64 (from Win7 Pro ofc)

Been eyeing the new Intel NVMe SSDs so I can stop having my space run low on the SSD, but they're still a bit pricy for my liking.

Case: Corsair 200r

CPU: 4690k OC to 4.5GHz

Cooler: 212 evo

GPU: MSI GTX970 Twin Frozr

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97 D3H

RAM: 4x2 GB G Skill Series @1866MHz

PSU: Seasonic 520W

Storage: Seagate 1TB HDD and Crucial 250GB SSD

Sound Card: Asus Xonar (cheap mainly to avoid static interference when I used built-in sound)

Case fans: CoolerMaster 120mm R4 case fans with 69.7 CFM air flow and blue LEDs. The wires were a bit short in length but it works.

I basically went for cost/performance at the time and got most of the shit there 10-40%off. Wish I got some longer wires for the fans and/or bigger case for better cable management.

4HYX87b.jpg

so, I upgraded my PC a while ago, I completely forgot to post it here. like, I upgraded it late last year.

but, Now with Windows 10 I feel like its nice to post:

yhsqM2q.jpg

horrible picture I know, looked better on my phone.

up until I took this Picture, I never really thought I had a particularly impressive setup. after all, almost everything you see in that picture has been scavenged or bodged in some way, or bought on massive discounts. but Looking at this picture, and this last week after having Windows 10 I actually Look at it and thing to myself "I have a really nice setup, actually"

my PC here actually has a really long and interesting history. well, whether or not its interesting is more based on the opinion of the person lol. but it has been Unofficially Christened "Obama" by an IRL friend, and I figured why the hell not write down the history of it?

so, back in early 2009, just after Windows 7 had come out (it had been out a few months at most) our old crappy laptop we had had for years finally gave up the ghost. we needed a new PC, I was into PC's at the time, though pretty young, and was excited. I told mum that "it must have at least 4GB of RAM" because that was pretty much the extent of my technical knowledge back then.  anyway, my parents Delivered. brought home a brand new PC, with 4GB of RAM, and Windows 7, which was very exciting for me because we had never been on the forefront of technology in the first place (we didn't get a PS2 until after the PS3 had been released, literally.) so getting a PC with the brand new OS was exciting.

fast forward a couple years, 2011. was playing games with it, and it was running them fine. I got into BF2 in 2010 and had great fun with that. I began learning more about PCs. and went and figured out that my PC had an AMD Phenom II X4 820 CPU @2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, and an Nvidia G210 GPU. it was still working fine. then the day after christmas in 2011, we went to a friends house, both my friend and his brother had gotten brand new PC's for christmas. and were playing this cool new game called World of Tanks. I wanted to play it too! went home, spent the next 3 hours watching that download bar slowly increase (5mbps down ADSL so gud) got ingame and started playing.

fast forward about a year, patch 8.0 came out. in what? late 2012? my PC immedaitly went from being able to play WoT on 30fps on low fine, to being unable to play it above 20fps. I decided I needed to upgrade my Graphics card. I had also gotten BF3 at that time, and it barely played at all. 25fps in a small window on the desktop. it was terrible. I convinced my Mother it was necessary went to the local hardware shop, and because I didn't have a huge amount of money bought myself a brand new Nvidia GT 630 (which I still have) took it home, and then came the interesting bit. I opened my PC for the first time Ever, I had never opened a PC case before at this point. it was quite interesting. upon attempting to take the old G210 out (and having no clue how it worked) I managed to break the little lever that holds the GPU in place in the PCI port. thankfully the 630 still went in fine and worked fine. WoT played fine on medium with the 630, and BF3 also worked fine at a much nicer 45fps on low, this time in fullscreen. I left it like this for another year, until November 2013, when BF4 came out.

in November, BF4 came out, which I had pre ordered in July. my Father, who I might add knows absolutely nothing about Computers, bought me a new Graphics card as a reward for getting my Chief scout Award (its the highest award you can get in Scouting, is a globally recognized award and can go on your CV) I told him I wanted a new one to play BF4 on, because my 630 was struggling hard. so, he went to a techy friend who recommended a Radeon HD7750, saying it could do everything I wanted to play at high settings. lol. nothing on my Father, he had no idea. he bought it. and it was still an upgrade over my 630, but it still struggled.

around about this time is when my PC got its unofficial name. it still had a Phenom 2, still had 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and an HD7750. it played BF4, barely. it stuttered horribly, I couldn't play any of the big maps because it just wouldn't handle it. but it wouldn't give up. so my friend Christened it "Obama" because of the Slogan "Yes we can!" as in "Yes! we can play BF4, just barely but it is possible!" at this point, WoT 9.0 came out.

9.0 was terrible for my now 5 year old struggling PC. WoT was playing at terrible framerates. I managed to get a GTX 660 SC in february 2014 for a massive discounted price. shoved it in and it immediately bottle-necked to all hell. it was using about half its potential power because the CPU and RAM just couldn't handle it. (CPU for WoT, RAM for BF4) problem was, to upgrade anything else I had to go the whole hog and get the CPU, RAM, and Mobo together. and I just couldn't afford it.

until late September last year. I was browsing along Trademe (New Zealands Vesion of Ebay) and noticed an epic deal: an Ex demo model 3570K, for $200 NZ. at the time 3570Ks were still going on retail for $350NZ. so $200 was a massive bargain. I had to find a mobo for it though, and no shops sold LGA 1155 mobos anymore. I was furiously searching trademe, and I hit the Jackpot: an ASUS P8-Z77-V-LK. Second hand, 6 months old. $110. compared to $300 new. a top of the line Z77 mobo. it was an amazing bargain. I had spent less than the cost of just a new CPU on both a CPU and a mobo. next was some RAM, thanks to a friend who could get discounts on hardware at the local store through his work, he managed to get a 25% discount on 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM for me. total price: $400. I had to borrow $200 from dad to buy it, but I paid him back after.

Finally. I had a new PC. but my old case was too small. no matter, a friend of my Mother had given me a heap of old PC hardware to play around (and by old I mean 10 years old+) and that included an absolutely massive case. it was huge, it was ugly as balls, it was stainless steel, it only had 80mm fans, but it was big enough. so I put the PC in there as temporary housing. finally I was playing WoT on max settings, BF4 at 100+FPS, and everything I threw at it fine. after christmas 2015, I had been given enough money to buy a new case. I was set on a Zalman Z3 Plus, in white. I dunno why, just loved the white. so that's what I Got. and it looks great, works great, does fine. and, thats my PC. but not my Peripherals:

my Main monitor came originally with the PC, back in 2009. its 17" at 1600x900 resolution. not 1080p, but I don't mind. its good enough, and not being at 1080p means I get a few extra frames.

my Second monitor came just before I upgraded my PC. I was at the same friends place who got me into WoT, and his parents were throwing out their old PC which had finally given up the ghost. his mother said that if I wanted anything from it to take it, since it was just going in the bin anyway.so I took the Monitor. its a 17" 1440x900 monitor. weirdest resolution I have ever heard, but whatever. free monitor. at least its the same height as my main one. (if it wasn't then trying to get that double monitor background working properly would of been interesting) so that was nice.

my Mouse and Keyboard, I got from Armageddon Expo 2013. which is New Zealands version of Gamescom. my Mouse I got on a massive discount thanks to the event, and I needed/wanted a new one (because MS basic mouse too stronk) and wasn't expecting to get a keyboard, until at the WoT stand they offered an interesting prize: get 6 kills, win a Mouse. get 7 kills, win a Keyboard. "ooh" I thought, back then I wasn't as good as I am now, but I was 1700 recent WN7 (because Hellcat Padding) and the tanks they gave us were a tier 6 tank from each nation, the American one being the Hellcat. 7 kills with a full skill full gold Hellcat? shouldn't be too hard. I spent a couple of hours doing it. some kid won the Mouse before me, whatever, I wanted the keyboard. and finally, after many many attempts I got it. everything came together on cliff. 7 kills, the 7th being the final kill. the feelings were very elated. especially with about 5 friends watching plus a couple of members of the public. lol.

my Headset came from Armageddon 2014. again with the discounts, got it from a massive discount. so that was nice.

and thats about it. that was quite a long story. lol

anyhoo. Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570K @3.4GHz (stock cooler because no monies)

RAM: G.SKILL ARES 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Mobo: ASUS P8-Z77-V-LK

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC

HDD: 750GB 7200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Case: Zalman Z3 plus White

Monitors: 17" 1600x900 Primary/17" 1440x900 Secondary

Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure @800dpi

Keyboard: TtEsports KNUCKLER Gaming Keyboard (won it from WG, its made to simulate mechanical Keyboards without being mechanical. I can't complain if it has any bad points because it was free)

headset: Logitech G230s. 

pc1.jpg

Nothing too flash inside but..

Silverstone FT-02 fortress case

Intel i5-2500k $4.7ghz

ASRock P67 PRO3 B3 motherboard

24gb ddr3 gskill things

EVGA GTX960 --> Dell U2711

Some kinda SSD and spinny disk things

cHSCEHm.jpg

mmmmm, new setup, now I just need a non potato desk -.-

Specs:

Seasonic 80Plus Gold 650W 

Corsair Obsidian 550D Case

AMD FX-8350 8 Core Black Edition Processor

G.Skill Ares F3-1866C9D 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

Western Digital WD Black 1TB

Western Digital WD Green 3TB

ASUS M5A99FX-PRO-R2 Motherboard

TP-Link Wireless N PCI Adapter

4x Scythe 120mm Gentle Typhoon in the case

Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler Black Edition

Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5in SSD

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB

Peripherals:

Ducky Pro PBT Grey/Blue Mech Keyboard (Cherry Brown)

Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse

LG 23in Widescreen LED IPS Monitor

2nd moniter is some PoS Asus thing thats older than this forum, does the job tho

Beyerdynamic DT 889 PRO Headphones and some Logitech headset I got at JB HiFi

Edited by Va1heru

tQ3x5a7.jpg

First build, nothing crazy but coming from an 8-year old cheap prebuilt PC that couldn't run stable 30fps WoT on minimum settings and wouldn't even let me fire up AW it's an absolute monster.

Case: Fractal Define R4

CPU: Intel i5 4590

CPU Cooler: yes that's an Intel stock cooler, deal with it

Mobo: Asus H97-Pro Gamer

RAM: 2x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X 3GB

PSU: Coolermaster G550M

SSD: Crucial BX100 250GB

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Peripherals: Logitech G300 mouse, some cheap Logitech washable keyboard, BenQ GL2450 24" screen (2x as soon as its on sale again), Logitech G230 headset, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Got it gifted 5 years ago:

BGqauW1.png?1

Intel i3 330m 2.13 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

500 GB HDD

Lottery winning mouse 

somekind of chinees/korean virus or some crap

hui knows what else

53 minutes ago, TCAmir777 said:

Got it gifted 5 years ago:

Intel i3 330m 2.13 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

500 GB HDD

Lottery winning mouse 

somekind of chinees/korean virus or some crap

hui knows what else

pure demigod skill sahn

(i'm playing on a dual core 5500 with 2 gb so i feel your pain:doge:)

Meanwhile, replaced a fan with a worn out bearing and did some cleaning, and upgraded to a bigger SSD

Crappy phone pic:

Spoiler

CALGkqi.jpg

EVGA SR-2

2x Xeon x5570 ES

24 GB gskill ram

GTX 670

Samsung 850 pro 512GB

Spinpoint F3 1TB

Other random drives I had laying around.

Thermaltake Toughpower 1.2kw + Corsair AX750 (SR-2 needs a crapton of connectors)

Corsair 900D (great case, massive and heavy though)

Case - Corsair Air 540

CPU - 4790k  - 4.6ghz

Cooler - H110

RAM - Vengeance Pro 2400mhz

GPU - EVGA 780 Classifieds SLI

PSU - Corsair HX850

SSD's - 128gb OCZ Vector, 256gb Samsung 840 pro

HDD's - 1tb Seagate (something), 4tb WD black

Pics - 

46SZjlt.jpg

GVLmBbR.jpg

After upgrades after upgrades (and somehow corrupting the bios of my mobo while switching stuff), I upgraded my current setup to this:

CPU - i7 3770k @3.5ghz (will OC)

RAM - 16gb (2x 8gb) @1600mhz (might OC)

GPU - Gygabyte GTX 970 TTOC

PSU - Corsair CX600

SSD's - 2x 240gb Kingston SSDNOW 300V (OS+programs)

HDD's - 2tb Caviar Black (data+user files) , 500gb Caviar Green (used as automatic backup of my 2 ssd's once every 2 weeks while I work)

Will post pic and update with OC values once I sort out my cable management. It's a mess right now, and I need to do it over (should have bought a modular psu back in the days... god dammit...).

On 4/28/2015, 1:56:46, PumpkinSpiceNo said:

New computer, too lazy to take pics at the moment:

CPU: Core i5 4690K OCed to 4.2 GHz (Won the silicon lottery on this one in testing)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3P

RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) G.Skill DDR3 2400

Optical: Some ASUS DVD drive

CPU Cooler Radiator: Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: XFX R9 280X 3GB (OCed to 1150/1650)

SSD: Some Crucial drive, not new.

HDD: Not long for this world, last thing I'll replace.

Fans: Four of them now, looking at six in the future.

PSU: eVGA 750W Modular

Case: Some Zalman thing, has filters everywhere.

Crappy pic here.

'Sup, pumpkin...I have the same processor (no oc, yet, I'm a noob) and graphics card.

How did you oc the gpu - AMD Catalyst center or another software pkg?  Using the Catalyst Center, I got 1085 with no voltage change; though, with the Catalyst software, I don't think I can oc the memory.  Oc'ing this gpu doesn't seem to make much difference as it still run wot and aw at max settings well ove 60fps.

My rig:

CPU - i5-4690k (no oc, yet)

CPU Cooler - Cryorig H7 - marginally better than 212 EVO, but smaller and easier to install

Mobo - Asrock Z97 Pro3 - great pice, features, but doesn't support cf/sli

GPU - XFX R9 280X

RAM - 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 1600 DDR3

SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD - some Seagate 1TB 7200rpm for storage

PSU - EVGA B2 750w

Case - Thermaltake Core v31 fully modular case - excellent case for $50.

I'll take a picture of mine some day.

But, for now:

Processor- AMX FX 9370 Vishera ( 4.4Ghz)

Mobo- Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

PSU- Firepower ZX 1250w ( Gifted to me)

Ram- Corsair Vengeance (16GB) DDR3 1600

GFX- EVGA 970 4GB  (Will arrive today =D)

Then I have two monitors, a 24" Acer and a 38" Sony TV

Mouse- Logitech G700s

Keyboard- Some cheap Logitech Keyboard (Not at the house, dunno.)

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK 

i7-4790k @4,8Ghz - 1,25V

NZXT Kraken X61 with 4x Noiseblocker Blacksilent Pro PKPS in Push/Pull

16Gb Hyperx Fury DRR3-1866Mhz Cl10

Gigabyte GTX 980TI G1 Gaming @1450Mhz Core

EVGA Supernova 850W G2

Adata SP900 256Gb (OS) + Crucial MX100 512Gb (Games)

Asus VG248QE  - 24", 144Hz monitor for gaming + 2 old 21,5" LG ones for random stuff.

Roccat Kone XTD + Roccat Taito mousepad

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (2013 edition, love them MX Blues <3)

Don't mind the dusty soundcard beneath the gtx 980ti, was just for testing (it's dead :-| ).

Plans for the future: buy a 1440p 120Hz+ Monitor to really use the horsepower of the 980TI

Haven't had anything worth posting here until now (lolpotato), but since I've just finished building muh pc, I finally have something decent that will be able to run games that are more modern than AoE II:

vPhN59Y.jpg

Also shout-out to @Folterknecht (how to into mentions??? Baddie@forums) and everyone else who gave advice when I was working out what to buy, it was greatly appreciated given how much of a PC scrub I am.

20 hours ago, Storm said:

Haven't had anything worth posting here until now (lolpotato), but since I've just finished building muh pc, I finally have something decent that will be able to run games that are more modern than AoE II:

vPhN59Y.jpg

Also shout-out to @Folterknecht (how to into mentions??? Baddie@forums) and everyone else who gave advice when I was working out what to buy, it was greatly appreciated given how much of a PC scrub I am.

Stop going softcore and show us the inside of your case your dirty tease!

45 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

Stop going softcore and show us the inside of your case your dirty tease!

Alright then, it isn't the greatest build out there given that I'm a poorfag, but I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out:

(Sorry for shitty quality, I have a potato camera.)

Interior

And if you wanted ebola here's some bonus cable management:

Spoiler

n7X0Jjk.jpg

And this was while I was still building it, it's even worse now that it's finished, and I'm eternally grateful this part of the case was portioned off, so nobody will have the misfortune of having to look at it unless I break and/or modify something.

And while I'm at it; here's the parts list:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/ynLg6h

First post ever for me!

still have no idea how to get a title... =_______=

anyways, since this thing is atm stock here's my rig:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZUPO7A4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d5_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-3&pf_rd_r=0SY103KWB7CYVE49B50T&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2084660942&pf_rd_i=desktop

peripherals:

Logitech G430 blue headphones and some cheap mouse of unknown make

Yes, before anyone asks I bought it myelf after saving for a LONG time

<confirmed i7 tryhard

New "Home Office" PC

Case -  Corsair Carbide 500R

PSU - Corsair AX760

MOBO - ASUS Z170

Processor - i7 6700k 4Ghz (Try hard confirmed)

Ram - 2 x 8gb Corsair 2400 DDR4

Cooler - I have no idea, some huge finned monstrosity

GPU - ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6Gb (Try hard with too much cash confirmed)

SSD - Samsung EVO 950 256gb

HDD - WD 4TB

Monitor - Dell 25" Ultrasharp at 2560 x 1440

Keyboard - Logitech 910 Orion Spark

Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Photos to follow shortly.

Thanks to everyone who gave me input in my other thread about buying this PC and sorry for completely ignoring all your advice and just spending boatloads of money and buying massively overpowered and redundant bits :)

Case - Corsair Air 540

CPU - 6700k stock 4GHz

Cooler - Coolermaster 212 Evo 

RAM -  Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @3000MHZ DDR4

GPU - EVGA 980ti with Ref cooler

PSU - Corsair TX650

Drives - Samsung 850 evo 500GB, 2xKingston Hyper-x 120GB, 500GB, 7500RPM( this ancient thing they call a hard drive)

Basically being in IT and building PC I have always advocated i5s for gaming because it "was more than enough". While I have a few i7s for servers at my place and remotely I see the purpose and use them to their full potential. 

But after two years of using a 3570k I got fed up with it. I usually like to have twitch or youtube up and I got sick of that with WOT or god forbid a multithreaded game, I would just see 80-100% usage. For purely gaming its more than fine if you OC to get the single thread performance. But Im just done with i5s. 

I got my new i7 and the beautiful Corsair Air 540 which is an amazing case. Makes me want to custom loop it even though I dont OC because its just not worth it. i7 for life and not looking back. Not sure how I down graded from a 3770k to the 3570k in the first place. It looked fine at the start.

i7 4790K @ 4600

32GB RAM @ 1866

ASUS GTX970 STRIX

HyperX 240GB + bunch of HDDs (5TB+)

Antec 550W Gold

Dell 27"

Asrock Z97M Pro4 

G700S RIP / G500 RIP / G700 RIP / KB304 RIP / K230 RIP / UFK and some shit mouse currently

HD202 (need replacement)

N8xc0Ox.jpg

Secondary

8GB DDR3 1600

HyperX 120GB

HD7870 2GB

Bunch of HDDs

Generic case

400w Corsair

Samsung 24"

lazy to take pic.

Bunch of laptops (shit) for multimedia. 

tuEr1UK.jpg

Hardware:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/6387667

Specs:

i7 4790K @ 4.0GHz with 4.6GHz boost (max stable 4900.8MHz boost @ 1.75V)

16GB DDR3 Ram @ 1600MHz

EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 SuperClocked @ 1367MHz (max stable 1673MHz with no OV)

Heaven Benchmark (GPU on highest OC while CPU was at default OC)

Spoiler

33lPiQs.jpg

500GB Samsung 840 EVO @ 540 SRead / 515 SWrite |IOPS @ 94813 RRead / 85159 RWrite

3 HDD's totaling 3.7TB

Specs while attempting to Max OC both CPU and GPU

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/609553

The 750D is a huge case, I'd like to add a custom copper tubing water loop next, but for now that's well outside of my budget, and if I come up with the money for that, I'll likely just buy new hardware with it anyway :P