Android25

Obj 430 Tanks (Plural)

• Added top-tier USSR Medium Tanks:
    • Object 430 Variant II, tier IX
    • Object 430, tier X

So that was slipped into the patch notes on the 8.10 round two test.

Here is a link to thoughts on the object 430 when everyone thought it was going to be where the 140 currently sits

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/25/object-430-upcoming-t10-soviet-medium/

The Variant 2 should be an interesting play, but what do you guys think of what seems like a 3rd 62A?

I think this game is in dire need of more glorious Soviet medium tanks.

I do love the Soviet tanks... but every time I feel like I'm getting close to my personal goal of the Engineer USSR medal, they add more tanks to the tree ;-;

Edit:

Here is a pic of the variant 2, I'll add a bunch more along with stats/etc if they open the test server sometime in the next 6 hours, otherwise I'll do it in 12 hours, I have a paper to write for finals :/

4673_900.jpg

Wut the obj 416 gets the better gun than the Obj 430-2 ? The fuck is the logic behind that ? 

The 416 gets the better T-54 gun, the 430 VII has access to both the T-54 guns, including the better gun as its stock gun. The stock gun will obviously be the better option, but it basically renders the tank a gimped T-54 due to rear turret and only 180° rotation. It would have been nice if the compensation for a 180° turret were access to the tier 10 gun.

Wut the obj 416 gets the better gun than the Obj 430-2 ? The fuck is the logic behind that ? 

Sorry, I didn't look at the stats very much before taking the pic, the 430-2 gets both the 416 gun and the gun listed, here is a pic of ALL modules for the 430-2 in order listed from left to right, track top to bottom

rX4W.jpg

Looks like another easy grind to me , only have to get turret and tracks  =D  Pity i had sold the 416 , I'll have to rebuy that now and play with a crappy crew for a while  :tongue:

Looks like 1,600 hp, can't tell which turret that is with though

Original stats were stock.

Here are the stats for the fully upgraded 430-2 and what will probably be the more widely used gun

rYKs.jpg

It does gain 100 HP with the better turret

I really fail to see what the 430 V2 brings to the table other than the route to the 430.

Also the object 416 is the best T8 medium in the game right now, leading to three tier 10 mediums.

I really fail to see what the 430 V2 brings to the table other than the route to the 430.

Also the object 416 is the best T8 medium in the game right now, leading to three tier 10 mediums.five clan wars viable mediums.

I love my Obj 416...good stat padder.

The Obj 430 v. 2 is just a obj 416 with better armor (416's short coming), like 20 degree more turret rotation and it also has -5 degree gun depression, were the 416 i think only has -3.  

So just picture a 416, with more gun depression, better turret rotation, and armor.

just hoping the 430 has the same troll camo factors as the 416.

Yeah, I want to see the camo and dispersion values.

So do I. They better be EXTREMELY good to make up for its deficiencies.

Tier 10 430 is trash. Terrible dispersion on move coupled with bad aimtime and worse ROF than t62/140. Also,30mm turret roof is there to spice things up with gun depression of -5 unlike obj140 -6 which somewhat compensates for paper roof. I dont get it, this tank sacrificies everything that matters for 20 mm more effective front armor thats useless anyway  on tier 10?

After playing it I did notice I much preferred the 140 over the 430, the 430 has nothing for turret armor. I'm not saying the 140 is much better upper turret wise, but at least it bounces some, 430 it always goes through. 

It cannot be better than 140 or 62 without being op. They never planned on releasing 3 soviet TX meds, remember? 140 was supposed to be a tier 9, but after they saw it was clearly a better tank everything got fucked up. They improvised a bit and this happened.

We should feel lucky. We got to grind two awesome meds with an even more awesome T-54!

It cannot be better than 140 or 62 without being op. They never planned on releasing 3 soviet TX meds, remember? 140 was supposed to be a tier 9, but after they saw it was clearly a better tank everything got fucked up. They improvised a bit and this happened.

We should feel lucky. We got to grind two awesome meds with an even more awesome T-54!

Point is its much worse than them. Its simply bad tier 10 tank. What makes other 2  good is accuracy on move and very short aimtime after stopping, this tank sacrificies most important advantage of russian meds for useless armor. Obj430 is copy of western meds with 105mm l7 without alpha damage...

After playing it I did notice I much preferred the 140 over the 430, the 430 has nothing for turret armor. I'm not saying the 140 is much better upper turret wise, but at least it bounces some, 430 it always goes through. 

Turret armor considering, obj430 and obj140 are same-ish, Both have thin roof that gets overmatched by anything 90mm+. And obj140 turret wasnt buffed, just remodeled a bit. Key weakspot, 30mm thin roof , is still there.

I know about double post, but too lazy to edit it myself :P