Coordinator

The T57 is NOT being nerfed

From FTR: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/12/13/storm-on-0-8-10-test-2/

- T57 Heavy will not be nerfed at all – Storm states its winrate actually dropped, he’s now 3rd worst on its tier.

So basically we can thank RU pubs for being utterly horrendous. No wonder the devs think the WTE is fine, RU has no idea how to autoloader.

I thought it was blatantly overpowered when it released, but now that overpowered has been redefined I think it's just really, really good.

T57 in my opinion is just a very good tank overall.

its got a fast autoloader that doesn't have the main drawback of its compatriots while having respectable armor, it may not be FoTM OP anymore, but it is still one of the best tanks in tier 10 whether it be solo or platooned.

TBH I think they're good but not as captain broken as I thought they were at first.  Set the autoloader RoF on the line a bit slower and they'd be fine I think.

It used to be stupid broken before the autopen HEAT nerf.

Now it's either AP or enjoy your unreliable HEAT rounds yo. The waffle completely breaks this rule due to incredibly smart WG giving an even harder hitting autoloader APCR.

t57 is overrated tank anyway.

huehue, waffletrager anybody?

Now it's either AP or enjoy your unreliable HEAT rounds yo.

I couldn't have said it much better myself.

It really bothers me that they treat the RU server and the NA server similarly.  I don't know what the 57's WR is on NA, but I'll bet you it's better than 3rd worse.  Seriously, correct me if I'm wrong.  The tank isn't exactly broken, imo, and even if it was, a simple reload time increase might have been the answer, or aim time nerf.  Would it honestly be that difficult for them to analyze the statistics on a server scale instead of a global scale, and implement fixes in a similar manner?

It really bothers me that they treat the RU server and the NA server similarly.  I don't know what the 57's WR is on NA, but I'll bet you it's better than 3rd worse.  Seriously, correct me if I'm wrong.  The tank isn't exactly broken, imo, and even if it was, a simple reload time increase might have been the answer, or aim time nerf.  Would it honestly be that difficult for them to analyze the statistics on a server scale instead of a global scale, and implement fixes in a similar manner?

What was broken was 380 pen heat. Now 50b is much better tank than t57 because better mobility and apcr shell IMO.

About waffletractor, its OP in its special way. It doesnt win battle like f155 and obj 268 will, but its avg damage potential cant be matched by anything. Problem is on many maps you are useless till late game and your 4-6k dmg is irrelevant in that case. If you try to do something you die in 10 seconds. Tank is hated more for passive gameplay it creates than pure OPness.

According to wot-news, by win rate it is 7th best on EU server, 5th best on RU and 7th best on NA.

All better ranked tanks are tank destroyers and that CGC abomination.

Tank is hated more for passive gameplay it creates than pure OPness.

It's very annoying indeed. :#

What was broken was 380 pen heat. Now 50b is much better tank than t57 because better mobility and apcr shell IMO.

About waffletractor, its OP in tis special way. It doesnt win battle like f155 and obj 268 will, but its avg damage potential cant be matched by anything. Problem is on many maps you are useless till late game and your 4-6k dmg is irrelevant in that case. If you try to do something you die in 10 seconds. Tank is hated more for passive gameplay it creates than pure OPness.

This this this this this. I've had way too many games in my waffle where I do metric shittons of damage but draw or lose the game because I wasn't able to get in a position to make any game changing plays. 

No armor, no camo, laughable speed, just gigantic amounts of damage that can ONLY be taken advantage of as a support platform.

Compared to the waffle the T57 is in a much better position to carry games solo. 

About waffletractor, its OP in its special way. It doesnt win battle like f155 and obj 268 will, but its avg damage potential cant be matched by anything. Problem is on many maps you are useless till late game and your 4-6k dmg is irrelevant in that case. If you try to do something you die in 10 seconds. Tank is hated more for passive gameplay it creates than pure OPness.

Yeah, I agree.  I think that if it could manage to survive in a more "aggressive" situations, you could make more game changing plays like aqua said.  Whenever it gets lit, it's like watching a parade of turrets swivel towards its direction.  Funny, I brought out the 53/55 for lulz tonight and one shotted one seconds after it was lit.

Dat gun handling though.  It makes me envious.  Imagine a 57 with handling like that, holy fuck.

I'd still add like 0.2 or 0.3 seconds to interclip time and 2 or 3 second to overall load time, but it's not really a big issue anymore. There are far bigger ones, that affect gameplay. T57 might be OP in some situations but it doesn't affect my fun in the game. With all the TDs in the game as of late, I can't play more than 2 or 3 battles before quitting again.

I don't understand the use of winrate on one server being used as WGs basis for balance. The winrates they've mentioned as the reasoning behind tank changes are at times stupifying. What goes on for the M48 to be considered OP and the T57 to have one of the lowest winrates? Or for the 268 to have a lower winrate than the Maus?

It boggles my mind.

It's usually directly related to how many people have it. The more people have it, the lower the winrate goes - you can see this in the early adoptions of at-the-time overpowered tanks like the T57 and Waffentrager. The winrate starts off skyhigh and then rapidly declines as more and more shitters free exp up to it and start sucking ass in it. Eventually the overpowered tank is in the bottom three. You can also see this in the IS-7/IS-4, which are the most common tier 10s and have abysmal winrates. This is just my personal theory, but that's why I think the M48 is good on RU. Not many people will have the American mediums compared to the Russian ones.

I've always held off getting the T57 because of the worry that it was going to get nerfed by the time I got it. 

3-4 patches later...

Guess it's time to start. I could use a new heavy. 

I am thoroughly convinced that the T57 is in fact OP. I might have to load HEAT for the front of an E-100 turret or something, but I basically only fire AP in it otherwise and it's statistically my best played tank in the game. Of course, I wish I could say it was my skill doing it, but I'm not so sure about that. However, compared to the other retardedly OP tanks out there, T57 isn't in need of a nerf if you ask me. 

I've only played the t57 on test but imho it is op as ****. I have never had sub 2k damage game in it. It reloads super fast, it can empty its clip super fast, it has armor and is fast enough. Only fault it has is the relatively weak ammorack and it is kinda slow going backwards. It is super easy to play, it is totally forgiving for an autoloader. It has gun depression, fast rotating turret with good inclinations. It is almost tier above 50b. Only thing it needs to worry about is arty.