Sign in to follow this  
logic_paradoX

Internet derps

Well, since a lot of you guys are gud@everything, I figured I would ask you an internet question. 

My internet recently got upgraded from 3 mb/s (cringe) to 10 mb/s (slightly less cringe) download speeds. When it works, the speeds are great (in relativity to the previous amount [cringe]). The problem, however, arises when it doesn't.

Consistently, approximately every 1.5 WoT games on average, my internet completely disconnects from one to three minutes, which has caused me to give up on online gaming in general because of how much it makes me want to smash my monitor. This did not occur at all before the upgrade.

Our internet provider said it was a problem with our line "not being able to support the upgraded speeds", which got "fixed" a few days ago, yet the problem still arises.

Two lights on the modem, the one that shows internet connection and the cable-looking thingy (internet noob here) turn off when it crashes.. All lights on the router remain on, even the internet one.

Do you guys have any ideas on what the problem could be? Literally anything could help at this point. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this problem is draining all enjoyment from my life (pubstomping).

Another interesting thing to note is that I actually get faster speeds on wireless instead of ethernet. 

You gotta hold your ISP's feet to the fire.

I have been experiencing up to 30 or 40 disconnects per day for the last 4 days... ATT has been to my house twice in those 4 days, and will be back again tomorrow.

Two new routers, new CAT 5 wiring, still no joy.

They'll fix it or I'll replace them.

So, I have about the same problem except it doesn't disconnect when I'm playing. It will do it to me when I'm looking at webpages or just browsing websites. Occasionally it does it to me when I do play and I start raging hard, but I can't do anything about it because the only other option is a lot more expensive and I can't afford it. If you can, I would just switch ISP's. I have ATT and I want them to go out of business so bad...

Friday night I was chat spammed as being the worst T49 driver they'd ever seen, I had no control... Match would launch and start, I'd be going good and then it justttt sssslllllooooowwwwwssss down to nothing... I'd have to restart the client after the connection came back and I'd find myself dead halfway up a wall or mountain.

I've had ATT for 2+ years with no issues except the most recent. My only other option is Cox, and I'm not really interested in a cable connection...just yet.