Never

WN8 Implemented in WoTLabs

WN8 is bad because any pub can go play a tier 9-10 TD and farm damage with the ez mode 1k damage TD's. Wn7 for Lyfe.

You ruin my life. Go away please.

I believe you have it absolutely backwards.  Win7 allowed pubs to play Tier 9-10 TDs and collect damage and then go play a Tier 1 for a couple games and collect kills.

Wn8 requires anyone playing a Tier 9-10 TD to perform exceptionally well in that specific TD, or in any tank for that matter.

Please read up and learn a bit before you make baseless statements that have no merit or truth.

I believe you have it absolutely backwards.  Win7 allowed pubs to play Tier 9-10 TDs and collect damage and then go play a Tier 1 for a couple games and collect kills.

Wn8 requires anyone playing a Tier 9-10 TD to perform exceptionally well in that specific TD, or in any tank for that matter.

Please read up and learn a bit before you make baseless statements that have no merit or truth.

If im not mistaken, Wn7 accounts kills. Wn8 is purely damage(and win rate?). Perhaps I am mistaken, but thats why I am posting here, to get a better understanding. Pls no be butthurt.

My "baseless statement" is my opinion. Sorry if you disagree with my opinion.

If im not mistaken, Wn7 accounts kills. Wn8 is purely damage(and win rate?). Perhaps I am mistaken, but thats why I am posting here, to get a better understanding. Pls no be butthurt.

It is an opinion which is at variance with the facts. It can be my opinion that the sky is red, but it will be at variance with the facts.

WN8 is NOT purely damage. Please do your homework at http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

Currently there are ways to pad Wn8 just as we used to pad Wn7, but most of them involves playing inferior tank and thus taking a hit to winrate.

Not to mention sanity. Full time rotation of A-20, ARL V39, Churchill Gun Carrier go go go!

WN8 please halp this solo player get more platoons.  I arsk all day in the wotlabs channel but they laph at me :beard:

Your erstwhile friend,

Gotchmaster

P.S.    Stop invatin me to your clams unless they have the shiniest pearls.

West coast baby.

My overall went up a little, wasn't quite expecting that.  8)

60d and more recent went down but I'm fairly certain my recent wn7 was artificially inflated. I've been bouncing around from finishing the grind to the e5 and grinding various other lines at t5/t6 with a few games at lower tiers to play with some friends.

Now that the forum has WN8 implemented, is there any way to set XVM to use it?

Not quite yet.  The XVM developers have committed to including wn8, but I'm guessing they will do so in the next major release.  Maybe when 8.10 hits?

Not to mention sanity. Full time rotation of A-20, ARL V39, Churchill Gun Carrier go go go!

I think I'd rather do things like vk45.02a or most older german tanks for that matter than ever play the A-20 again.

You are mistaken though.  I'm not butthurt, I'm telling you that you're flat out wrong.  WN8 is based upon damage, kills, spots, and defense.  All of those things are weighted based upon how they correlate to winrate.  WN7 weighted kills disproportionately high compared to damage and rewarded "kill stealing" faking your average tier.  

This isn't the official forums where people can get away with making an utterly baseless claim or "opinion" that goes against every real fact and get away with it.  You will be challenged here, and that's the whole point...to be challenged to do better.

Jorey you can check your WN8 for T49 at vbaddict.net. :)

I forgot about that! I guess 2074 isn't too bad for that particular tank. I haven't updated it recently, when I get home from work i'll upload my dossier file and see the change but i wouldn't think it would be much of a difference.

Meh probably will drop to yellow (even with numbers going up).  It is what it is--yup overall droped from green to yellow, even if it did rise 100 points.  Guess I have to tryhard harder.

The big thing I would like more than anything on XVM is 60 day stats (WN6/7/8/9 dont matter).  That would be much more useful.  However it does benefit someone like me, people assume I'm a useless tool at 1000 WN7/1152 WN8, rather than the 1300/1500 I am recently.

3800 60-d WN8 get

Edit: eat dix all you statpadding rerolls

Good idea, I need to check out how this affected some re-roll accounts. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of  purple win rates, but worse colors in WN8.

I believe my WN8 has taken such a big hit because of my large amount of Hellcat battles. Which sucks TBH, because I wont be able to Play my Hellcat without losing WN8. And my Hellcat is my Favourite tank. It was my favourite before I even knew about stats, and Ive never used it for Actually stat padding. Oh well.

After reading the WN8 Wiki, (which doesnt make much sense to me tbh) it lowers WN8 for powerful tanks? So if all my Hellcat games were in the ARL V39, but with the same stats, I would get a higher rating? Am I understanding this correctly?