Jesse_the_Scout

Type 58

Just finished the grind on this yesterday and boy am I glad it's over.

The T-34-85 is my most played tank, and this thing is copy in the same sense that knock off building blocks are just as good as Legos. IE get that shit out of here.

It's worse in every relevant aspect and has the unholy trinity of no gun depression, shit pen, bad gun handling.

Also for all the complaining that tier 8s suck because of increased BT 10 matches, it pales in comparison to T6. This might be the second worst tier after tier 4. T8 premiums (especially pref MM) fuck up your battle tier spread. Not to mention you have to deal with one of the worst power gaps between T6/7.

At least the T-34-1 is pretty good so far.

I am struggeling here. What equipment do you guys use(d) on your Type 58? I like the regular T-34-85 but I am either rusty from not using it for a while or just can't work with the downsides it has thusfar compared to that one or perhaps I must stop comparing them.

This tank is pretty underwhelming to grind... You can't say it sucks balls, cause it doesn't. It just hasn't got anything special.

40k exp till IS-2 :

I am struggeling here. What equipment do you guys use(d) on your Type 58? I like the regular T-34-85 but I am either rusty from not using it for a while or just can't work with the downsides it has thusfar compared to that one or perhaps I must stop comparing them.

I'm using Vents/Rammer/GLD.  I started out with optics instead of vents, but they don't seem to help, so I switched and have been doing disturbingly well with it.  It is still painful to play because of the gun depression, but I somehow average 1100 damage a game.

I detest mine. The 34/85's gun spoiled me. The shit handling and depression would be worth putting up with if it could reliably hit and damage its target after you paid the aimtime tax, but as is....

It feels like an unholy fusion of the E8 and the 34/85, with the good traits of neither and the bad ones of both. As soon as its elited its getting sold and the crew is getting a well deserved vacation until I can unlock the wz120 through the light line.

Fuck this tank with a broken broomstick.

Almost 4 years later...

Still a very bland tank. I got a 61% wr in it, but i can't ever achieve a great game in it, unlike my T-34-85. Never got any sort of award in it.

Not bad, not good. Just utilitarian. Boring.

Its mega bad.

Unless you full equip run food & have good crew this gun will fuck you up the ass and very very hard. It also seems to have built in ally seeking fire control for the gun.

Never before have I been banned for team killing anything other than artillery.

Until Type 58 lol much acc.