Sign in to follow this  
bjshnog

Cryptocurrency

Myself and my roommates split our mining between Bitcoin, Litecoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin, Peercoin, and Bitshares. We have several machines running CPU processes and GPU processes, as well as a couple Bitcoin ASICs. I'm also pretty heavily diversified on CryptoTrade. I bought a bunch of Bitcoins several years back when they were cheap, so I figure I should try my hand at currency speculation. If it all crashes, meh, I'm only out a couple hundred, but if any of them really take off I might be able to buy myself an island. Just a small one of course though.

Too volatile, way too speculative and far too easy to break.

I'd rather trade commodity futures than digital money. 

So is paper money if you think about it. I wished I'd listened to my macro economics teacher back in 2005 about buying up silver when they were 12 USDollars per coin and/or gold when they were 300something but he was seriously borderline insane. Spent the whole lecture telling us about an imminent housing market crash, not to own property, and something about a new world order headed by George Bush and the thinktanks in Washington.

Nice. As the bureaucrats start recognizing bitcoin as a real store of value, as evidenced by their concern for tax evasion and trafficking, that will just increase it's legitimacy as a real currency. Russia declaring it illegal crashed it pretty hard, but it's recovering nicely. All we need is for Amazon or Ebay to start accepting bitcoin to make it a solid digital currency.

Cryptocurrencies are Beanie Babies for tech bros.  They stem from the misguided belief that the relationship between markets and governments is parasitic rather than symbiotic.

1.  Let's undermine governments and credit card companies with our own currency!

2.  Let's make it inherently deflationary!

3.  Wait, why is everyone hoarding their coins and not spending them?

I'd love to see the credit card corps taken down a notch, but the best way to go about that would be overturn all of the pro-ursury deregulation crack binge that began in the mid eighties and culminated in the 2008 crisis.

i start again using minergate and nicehash.

minergate like confusing a bit but it does setup automatically to the pool and using ur CPU and GPU. I gave up minergate reason i hear hate comment through youtube. Then it earning too far and strictly.

i try other one nicehash it like simple using execute command through CMD. Then it work only bitcoin and no other asset name (Litecoin, bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, ETH, etc). Nicehash have income but too bad than minergate.

This i am doing on laptop.

holy shit ian this 4 year old thread. 

On 3/13/2014 at 0:20 PM, Frontier_Psychiatrist said:

Cryptocurrencies are Beanie Babies for tech bros.  They stem from the misguided belief that the relationship between markets and governments is parasitic rather than symbiotic.

1.  Let's undermine governments and credit card companies with our own currency!

2.  Let's make it inherently deflationary!

3.  Wait, why is everyone hoarding their coins and not spending them?

I'd love to see the credit card corps taken down a notch, but the best way to go about that would be overturn all of the pro-ursury deregulation crack binge that began in the mid eighties and culminated in the 2008 crisis.

Don't defy the Fed goyim! Keep using that USD that declines in value 50% every year. Don't put your money where we can't manipulate it! The absolute state of fiatcucks. tfw invested into an inflationary crypto though.

i dont invest it. 

doing drill the cave of cuda from GPU. not sure it really waste to get it.

but it cool to leave a laptop running for monthly.

they have like 8++ asset name coin internet power business.

Dat necro though.

Anyway, investing in it now is a good way of wasting of money.

The speculative bubble is going to burst soon (god knows when, but it will probably happen sooner rather than later, though the longer we wait the bigger the fallout is going to be).

Am I salty that I didn't invest in it years ago and didn't become rich off the stupidity of other people?

Of course I am, you would think people would have learned after the DotCom-fiasco or the 2007 crisis, but apparently human stupidity is just as endless as the greed of banks.

I sure as hell won't feel any form of pity for the obnoxious kind of hipster who is going to lose a large portion of their fortune to this crap after praising the shit out what effectivly boils down to just a giant pyramid scheme.

On 12/7/2017 at 0:44 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

Props for the 3.5 year Necro.

With all the fucking ads on Yahoo right now about getting rich on Bitcoin.  Hell no.

go for shitcoins that go 10x like raiblocks. Plenty of possible growth with all the fresh money. Mining is way more profitable I guess though, so that's nice. I don't see btc going much further, eth on the other hand has a good future. Otherwise hodl long term for on the good coins.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, Fabunil said:

Dat necro though.

Anyway, investing in it now is a good way of wasting of money.

The speculative bubble is going to burst soon (god knows when, but it will probably happen sooner rather than later, though the longer we wait the bigger the fallout is going to be).

Am I salty that I didn't invest in it years ago and didn't become rich off the stupidity of other people?

Of course I am, you would think people would have learned after the DotCom-fiasco or the 2007 crisis, but apparently human stupidity is just as endless as the greed of banks.

I sure as hell won't feel any form of pity for the obnoxious kind of hipster who is going to lose a large portion of their fortune to this crap after praising the shit out what effectivly boils down to just a giant pyramid scheme.

yeah fiat is also one big pyramid scheme, where you lose 5% value every year. Don't invest in shitcoins except for short term gains, the big coins will be the ones still worth it in the long run. The shitcoins are things like pet.com in the dot com bubble. Some of them actually see more and more use in real life every day, and are actually capable of almost infinite growth, some are literally called fucking BITBEAN.

My wife was so pissed at me the other day when I told her that I'd decide to buy 100 bitcoins when they were $1 a piece. By the time I got around to it, they had doubled to $2 a piece. So, I said "fuck it, the USG will probably ban them after the criminals start using them." Those 100 bitcoins at $200 would be worth $1.8 million today. F U C K

Nah.

1. I don't have the hardware currently, nor money to buy it.

2. Beyond short-term investment into bitcoin or some other decent coin [Ethereum, Dash] to sell off at higher price before countries try to regulate it due to huge use in illegal transactions and it basically circumventing the whole money system (Ivan and Mao are heading there as we speak), it's worthless.

3. Even if there wasn't a risk of them being banned, the existence of cryptos is dependent on electricity - so if someone pulls the plug, you are fucked. And yeah, that's a bit extreme situation, but it's still way more likely than precious metals plunging anytime in the coming three centuries. Or ever, really.

Gold4lyfe

On 15/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, monjardin said:

My wife was so pissed at me the other day when I told her that I'd decide to buy 100 bitcoins when they were $1 a piece. By the time I got around to it, they had doubled to $2 a piece. So, I said "fuck it, the USG will probably ban them after the criminals start using them." Those 100 bitcoins at $200 would be worth $1.8 million today. F U C K

Woah. Not at the level of that guys who bought two pizza for thousand of bitcoins when they were wothless but damn that hurts..