Sign in to follow this  
Xenuex

FV215B (183)

I am slowly, and gradually improving in my FV215B 183. I am slowly figuring out how and when to take a shot(Pure hesh). But still, I don't know what I am doing wrong. There are some times when my HESH should do full damage(Shooting at a Leopard 1, or a Batchat should be pen every time.Or, so i think.)

Anyways, my question is this. If provided with replays, could someone give me tips and pointers on what I am doing right, and wrong. Or, run a few rounds with me and evaluate my playstyle. Currently, I have 150+\- matches, and I sit at an abysmal 42% win rate( Like I said earlier, I am improving...slowly.). And, I want to see what I am doing wrong, so I can become a bit more consistent with it. 

If you want a replay, where should I upload it at?

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Just played it on the test server and I love it. I guess I'm going up the Brit TD line. If you can upload some replays I'll definitely take a look. You can do mediafire or wotreplays.com but you need an EU account for wotreplays.

The first 2 seemed fine mostly. I would have aimed a bit longer on the Bat for the first game, with that gun slightly more aim doubles your damage. 

3rd one I would have not been right behind the JPE but a couple of squares behind, since you don't need to be that close to shoot what they spot. 

4th game seemed fine, you ignored the lower threat IS-7 to take out the waffle, which was good. 

You seem to do fine in it from the 4 games I saw.

Been having a pretty decent run in it lately. I noticed the round duffs a lot. Either that, or I jerk the mouse when I shoot. I will have to be conscientious.  Either way, I tend to shoot tracks a lot. Which disables a pen, and does a crit hit.

Also, I need to know, like the back of my hand, the aim time of that gun. Sometimes, I just don't have time to let the reticle drop. Would you recommend I don't shoot if that is the case? Cuz, I may not do full damage. But, a least I help in taking him out...If he moves before I can fully focus in, I don't do anything. That is where I am having issues, that when to shoot, and when to wait for the reticle. 

Especially, when this thing doesn't have the best armor. Particularly against other tier 10s. I just wanna shoot and hide.

I will go through my replays. And post some of my...well shittier games. (Even though, I never knew how much I could see and correct just by watching replays.)

reviving/hijacking this thread.

i bought my 183 maybe a week ago and swore to cause so much butthurt that pubbies on EU would never sit again.

but apparently tier X tds aren't as easymode as i thought and i have big troubles carrying my teams.

i've played a lot of the old KV and KV2 so some things came to me naturally, like pre-aiming and the occasional blindshot in the right place etc.

my HESH seems to pen with a nice enough percentage too, so looks like i know my weakspots well enough.

what i've realised is that i fail a lot in dealing that damage early.

when i derp i either go somewhere i shouldn't and cripple myself/ get killed for 1 HESH pen within the first minute of the battle.

the other worst case scenario is i stay full health but don't get to shoot early enough and after 3 minutes im alone vs 12 tanks.

currently my dpb sits around 3,3k and stares at me accusingly.

my winrate is above 60% but i've platooned a few games and im pretty sure i can't hit 60% solo without improving.

my crew isn't wonderful exactly, no fancy stuffs like bia but still, its not like i have a stock gun or anything :tongue:

soooo any tips on how to carry with 183 please? :D other than platoon with a mate ofc.

i know there are experts on the topic here, so please share dat magic and help a poor noobstar out.