Bobi_Kreeg

Type 4 Chi-To

This tank feels like a turreted TD like the AC4, Strv 74 or M36 to me.  Gun is crazy good for it's tier and has -10 depression.  Doesn't need to load gold with the penetration. It really reminds me of the original STA-2 when it came out, being a sort of turreted TD/Medium Hybrid with meh mobility.  The tank is only slightly bigger than an STA-2 so camo isnt a huge problem, you just have to hide your hull and ridge snipe, and always keep everyone at arms length, like a British tank.  Loader and Ammorack tend to take the hits.

Like the tier 5 it’s huge and made of paper. But unlike that piece of shit it has just enough mobility to relocate in a timely fashion and a good gun; Cromwell dpm with the handling to frequently deliver it. I’m enjoying the grind. 

Think I prefer it to the Strv 74. The Chi-To’s extra ~400 dpm is more useful more often than 15 degrees of gun depression.

I think the tier 5 Chi Nu is quicker than tier 6 Chi to. And it is smaller too.

Chi To never goes its top speed because of miserable HP/T, worse off terrain resists, less track traverse.  on the other hand, Chi Nu has over 3+ more HP/T, +4 track traverse, better terrain resists meaning it speeds off to its lower top speed and stays there. Chi To mobility feels pretty bad, like driving around in a Firefly VC

You are dead on though about firepower. Huge step up from the Chi Nu. The DPM is just a hair short of T3485M or cromwells, with better base pen, gun disp, aim-time, accuracy, gun dep. The shell velocity isn't good like german L7O  75mm or T3485M 85BM 85mm, but better than derpy cromwell 75HV. 

2 hours ago, Dirizon said:

I think the tier 5 Chi Nu is quicker than tier 6 Chi to. And it is smaller too

Nu tops out at 38kph on the flat. To happily chugs along at 44kph on the flat. 

Leaving spawn the Chi-To and T-34-85M seem pretty evenly paced, even uphill. So certainly not great. But perfectly serviceable. And the extra 6kph vs the Nu is a big deal when trundling to the other side of the map. 

top speed is usually the last mobility trait I look at. It is important, if the tank is speed capped, like chrysler or FV4K5

terrain resistances, track traverse, HP/T reverse gear  are more important. 

For instance, AC4, PzlVSch, 4OTP all list sensible top speeds. But they never go that top speed, unless steaming down a hill like himmels hill flanks. We call this old IS7 syndrome, where the HP/T and bad terrain resists bog down the vehicle. 

Now in contrast, tanks like FV4K5, Chrysler, StuG III G, T-28 medium, or this Chin Nu we are talking of, have low top speed caps, but their high HP/T and track traverse, and strong terrain resists make them accelerate and keep their speeds, even if red-lining the speedometer. 

I'd rather have the latter than former. Going your top speed, even if lower comparatively most of the time, is better than never going your top speed unless you have a hill boosting you.

@Dirizon as I said above, Chi-To happily sits on 44kph on the flat. No IS-7 syndrome to speak of. I’ve never talked about theoretical top speed, but what kind of speed you can expect to maintain when moving around the map.

Listen man, I have played the Chinese Chi Ha in tier 3.

I have played the Japanese Chi Ha in tier 3, which is medium not LT (strange)

I have played the Chi He in tier 4.

I have played the Chi Nu in tier 5.

I have played the Chi To in tier 6

And I have played the fat piece of shit Chi Ri in tier 7.

I know them, extensively. The problem is, although the DPM increases their speeds, decrease. Tiers 3-5 are quicker. Regardless of top speed stat. Because they have better terrain resists, track traverse, HP/T allowing the tank to accelerate. Tiers 6-7 have pathetic 12-13 HP/T, more sluggish attributes, that even though have the better top speeds  -  they never go it unless down a hill.  

39 km/hr top speed, .96/1.82 terrain capacity, 15.74HP/T, 34'deg tt       VS

45km/hr top speed, .96/1.92 terrain capacity, 12.23HP/T, 3O'deg tt

Chi Nu accelerates faster, turns more agile, is much smaller, isn't as punished driving off-road

Chi To can reverse faster down hills, can drive faster down hills. It probably performs slightly better if always on roads/pavement.

If the Chi-Nu had 18 hp/t I’d agree it gets around better. But it doesn’t. It has 15. Better than the To’s 12 hp/t. But still shit, especially when combined with a top speed of 38kph. 

That’s the issue with the Chi-Nu: every time it should be better at something it isn’t. It’s better hp/t vs Chi-To is still poor. Add the speed cap and I maintain the To is on average better at relocating around the map. The Nu’s “better” top gun handling vs the stock pew pew still adds up to shit gun handling and comes with bonus abysmal dpm.

The Nu has no redeeming features vs the Ke-Ho or the Chi-To and is significantly weaker than either tier for tier.