Deusmortis

What this forum is, and how to gain acceptance

Hey, I'll try anything to get better. I dug a wicked hole when I first started... <44% yikes..

I was getting better, but I seemed to have settled in at an average 50+/-%, and my first goal is a 60 day average of at least a 55%. The overall will just have to sort itself out over time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Wrote that on the last day of May.  My overall winrate was 45%.. My 60 day was 49% or something like that.

Almost have met my 1st goal

TL;DR

Gotta be Unicum.

If you're not Unicum, you're considered a Bad Poastser

But no really, is this true?

This is absolutely NOT true. however, that being said, you will never see a Unicum poster on these forums whining about hacks, unfair play, or blaming their (few) failures on bad pubbies, MM, OP tanks, M60 Jesus, or any other plethora od excuses made up by bad players. 

You will see focused analysis backed up by facts, and ownership of results.

TL;DR.....if you came here to learn to get better, WELCOME! If you came here to whine and make excuses, Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

TL;DR

Gotta be Unicum.

If you're not Unicum, you're considered a Bad Poastser

But no really, is this true?

If you start arguing that MM is against you and it's why you lose, you will be considered a badpoaster.

If you don't try to claim knowledge that you don't have, everything's cool.  All of us take the game to various degrees of seriousness.  Our general demeanor is that of making an assumption that players here are looking to improve their game rather than finding excuses for it.

If you have an interesting idea, it'd probably carry more weight if posited by a good player - for example, some people run double repair kit or repair/cola on their T57, and make up for it with preventative maintenance and firefighting.  That's an interesting idea for a 4 skill crew, and is definitely worthy of consideration.  Even if you're not a superb player, you will probably intrigue some people with an idea like that.

Conversely, if you tell us that sixth sense is crap and BIA is far superior, everyone here is going to think you're a moron, because that is flat out 100% wrong.

the 2 categories on wotlabs can also be described as purples and soon-to-be purples.

Gawd I love that. Just arrived here. Clearly I shoulda come here much much sooner. I do think I'll now be surfing here much more than the main WOT forums. After taking a look around here, there is some great stuff in here, and 99% less garbage to wade through to find the fruity goodness.

Also just arrived here few days ago. I have to say you built up a good thing here. Also like your policy how you handle and define the bull crap posts you usually see in the official forums. I like this attitude. Finally a place where I can trust someone's opinion without always checking the stats before I'm considering in the post as trustworthy or not. Should have joined way earlier.

-gig

I can appreciate the fact that someone has thought to give some guidelines on being accepted.  It reminds me that I have my own personal ground rule for everyone.  It is simply this:

Don't nobody start no bullshit about Afghanistan.  I STILL GOT PEOPLE OVER THERE!!

See?  It's pretty simple ground rule and I don't think anyone will have a problem following it.  Thanks.

Well, it looks like this is going to be a great way to spend my workdays free time now that I'm done with a huge 3 year project... I look forward to being able to take time to improve my stats and I hope I'm not judged too harshly because I had to get all the tanks unlocked before my OCD would allow me to spend time on skill (and previous steps taken don't seem to have helped greatly). 

Hello everyone, some of you may know me from WGLNA/Wargaming streams. If you don't know me, that is perfectly fine with me as I am not sure I like all of the attention I get as a moderator for the WGLNA gold league streams. As you folks may see my stats here, I am simply an average player who started out playing the game alone and for my first 5k battles a 43% win rate, but all is well and my bad overall stats are always increasing. Glad to finally be here!

~Bad_co/Brody

Hello everyone, some of you may know me from WGLNA/Wargaming streams. If you don't know me, that is perfectly fine with me as I am not sure I like all of the attention I get as a moderator for the WGLNA gold league streams. As you folks may see my stats here, I am simply an average player who started out playing the game alone and for my first 5k battles a 43% win rate, but all is well and my bad overall stats are always increasing. Glad to finally be here!

~Bad_co/Brody

Maybe you could tell me why my name was not picked for a free Fury tank? You dirty SoB, j/k welcome fellow newish person