TuckerT

Greetings WotLabs & Fellow Tankers

Greetings everyone, just thought I would introduce myself, an "older" tanker and WotLab noobie...

I fall into that catagory of just had fun for a year and 4k battles and NOW I have decided that I would like to become more effective and live a little longer! I looked at this site a long time ago but never delved into the forum and realized how much expert information there is to be gleaned. I also don't post a lot until I feel I have something uselful and hopefully correct to contribute, I feel that when learning, you listen and read, not talk.

I thank in advance, all you contributors who have taken the time to write the many guides and info pieces that the site contains. I find myself reading this forum with my morning tea instead of my old news sites... Who needs reality? I am hoping that I can eventually turn my usual cycle around, you know the one, win one match, lose three, rinse, repeat.....(but win or lose, die)

Anyways, I could go on but that would put you all to sleep and I've got battles to wage!

TuckerT  :O)

Welcome Tucker,

With a quick analysis of your stats, with not having seen any replays, I can only assume.

The first things I had to improve were very basic, so I will provide a few tips and tricks to immediately improve, if you havent already.

Keep your front armor to the enemy.

Do not allow yourself to be solo, travel with a group when possible.

Focus fire targets.

do not play peek a boo with targets

do not get too far forward, where your team cant help

do not get too far behind, where you cant help your team.

Greetings, Welcome, and Thanks for trying to improve. your the type of person I enjoy seeing on Wotlabs. someone who has realized that they are bad, and are willing and ready to learn and improve. 

I can add on to what Aircrewman  has said, as this helped me improve. a good idea is to find a tier 5 or 6 tank that you enjoy (mine was the Hellcat originally, but then it spread to the Cromwell) and learn it inside out. learn its do's and don'ts. and learn how to maximize your performance in the tank.

tips to know when your doing well: in tier 5-6 I aim at doing AT LEAST 1K Damage per game. at 1000 damage in tier 5 I feel I have done enough work. at 1K in tier 6 I feel as I have carried my weight. I personally aim for 1500 DPG in my tier 6's now. but you can start smaller. set your sights lower to start, and make them higher the better you do.

at tier 7+ aim to do your HP in damage at least. that is what is considered carrying your weight.

hope this helps.

tips to know when your doing well: in tier 5-6 I aim at doing AT LEAST 1K Damage per game. at 1000 damage in tier 5 I feel I have done enough work. at 1K in tier 6 I feel as I have carried my weight. I personally aim for 1500 DPG in my tier 6's now. but you can start smaller. set your sights lower to start, and make them higher the better you do.

at tier 7+ aim to do your HP in damage at least. that is what is considered carrying your weight.

hope this helps.

This is one of the best bit's of advice I have seen as tangable target to aim for in any battle. I for one will take this on board, thanks Asassian7.

Thanks for the advice everyone, after doing lots of reading and listening to what you had to say and most of all, putting it into practice, I have increased my recent WR by 10% and and recent win8 by 300! On my way lol!  Lots of good advice, thank-you Aircrewman and Asassian7, some of which I already did but going solo can be hard not to do. When I see an undermanned flank or no one covering an approach I know will be exploited, I have a tendency to go help in those areas which can leave me very vulnerable. The advice from Asassian7 is quite good, I now make it my goal each game to equal or better my hp in dmg. I have also been playing my tier 5 & 6's more but I can't help playing my M103 and T32 as they are just good fun and I like the challenge trying to match or better very good players. This weekend I also did alot of reading on crew skills as I never appreciated how important they were and this x2 victory weekend was a good time to accelerate crew training on my elite tanks. My 103 finally has sixth sense and all crew are working on second skill. I have changed completely the way I manage my crews.

Thank-you to all, keep any and all advice coming and......  Look out purple people eaters, I'm coming for ya!

TuckerT 

Greetings, Welcome, and Thanks for trying to improve. your the type of person I enjoy seeing on Wotlabs. someone who has realized that they are bad, and are willing and ready to learn and improve. 

I can add on to what Aircrewman  has said, as this helped me improve. a good idea is to find a tier 5 or 6 tank that you enjoy (mine was the Hellcat originally, but then it spread to the Cromwell) and learn it inside out. learn its do's and don'ts. and learn how to maximize your performance in the tank.

hope this helps.

It helps me out too!