Valachio

Still learning this tank.  It does play a lot similar to the 1-4 but i dont feel like it's as good tier by tier.  You give up a bit of alpha for better accuracy, penetration, aiming time and basically gun control in general.  Your mobility is around the same, except for the traverse, which improved quite a bit.  There is simply no way for any tank to circle you if you turn your turret and hull at the same time.  Frontal armor feels a bit better but you are meeting more balanced tier 10 TDs, so it doesn't really feel that much better.

Keep that 68 degrees (2 degrees from auto-bounce) of upper frontal slope in mind, you can bounce a lot of things with it.  ...Unless if you're facing a 268, then don't worry about your armor because if he shoots HEAT, he will go through regardless how you angle it.

8iT7MMo.png

Goal is to have 3.8k DPG by the time I get 100 battles.  Doubt I could achieve this but let's see.

Update 1:  Probably not going to touch this thing anymore.  It's pretty junk.  Doesn't have any strong points and have a lot of weaknesses, just a disappointing tier 10.

Well good luck with your goal! Also on your first impressions is the 113 worth the grind?

"It's a worse 121." is probably the most common description of this tank. And when so many people say the same thing then there has to be some truth in it.
But I still decided to get 113, because all other Chinese heavy tanks are fantastic.

Well good luck with your goal! Also on your first impressions is the 113 worth the grind?

The Chinese heavies were relatively enjoyable.  IS-2 was amazing because I played it back when it had 300 HEAT, now it's not as good but still decently OP in my opinion.  110 wasn't fun for me, didn't enjoy its low armor values other than the frontal armor.  1-4 was an amazing high alpha damage dealer.  I like the 113 so personally I think it's worth the grind.

"It's a worse 121." is probably the most common description of this tank. And when so many people say the same thing then there has to be some truth in it.
But I still decided to get 113, because all other Chinese heavy tanks are fantastic.

Now I was just browsing through the stats, what exactly is the 113's advantage over a 121?

121 is better in many aspects.  The 113 trades better upper front plate for basically everything else unfortunately.  I wish the 113 would get another advantage over the 121 but what am I going to do, make WG actually listen to players' requests?

It would be great fun if the 113 got a high alpha 750 gun instead of the slightly above average 440. Perhaps also take a hit to the the gun control for that. I hope WG does something about this tank. While it might not be super crap it just seems lackluster when compared to everything else.

The 113 also has even less depression than other Chinese heavies. Of course 4 vs 5 degrees isn't a deal breaker but now you can't even say it does that better than the 121 with any real conviction (3 degrees).

Intersting. already got the 121 and well I love the damn thing. For such a big gun it has a hell of a reload.  What's the reload on the 113. Right now at the 110, though taking a break from grinding tanks and building up some credits since this holiday event tapped me out.

How would you compare the 113 to the Soviet IS-4 and IS-7?

I'm mostly looking for details regarding the feel of the gun-handling, agility and armour.

The 113 has far better gun handling and agility than the IS4/7, but the armour is quite a bit worse. 113 upper plate is strong against 270 pen guns, but T10 TDs and gold shells will go straight through it. Like other Chinese tanks the rounded turret actually has a flat piece beside the mantlet that can be penned pretty easily and the hatch is also quite easy to hit. Even though the armour is worse, I still enjoy it much more than my IS4/7.

Turret is shit, lower plate is fucking huge, armor is pretty fucking awful overall.
Mobility is really good for a heavy, like really damn good, gun is better than the guns on rusky heavies, but the horrible depression will make anyone rage badly.

Overall, I feel this tank is mostly a downgrade from the WZ-111 1-4.

The only advantage 113 has over 121 is that is has a much better frontal hull armor as well as more hitpoints

apart from those 2 points 121 is better at everything else ---> gun handling, mobility, rof, penetration, camo, etc.

This might be nitpicking (because yes, I agree the 121 is better), but the 113 also has more gun depression and snipes better (it loses like half as much accuracy when flipping the turret around). Other than that though, yeah, it's inferior to the 121 in every way that makes a difference.

Is the only point of researching the 113 to get the top gun for the WZ120? Since I will expect the grind in the 1-4 to be relatively painless.

Barring a future 113 buff, pretty much yes.

Seriously considering selling mine after I get ace badge. I actually think the WZ-111 1-4 is a vastly superior tank. Am I too hopeful thinking that WG might give it the same treatment as the 4202 and replace it with something at least half decent in the future.