Valachio

I quite enjoy this tank. I generally play it like my IS7... a big medium bully tank. Get dug in on a medium flank and make the gun barrel melt with 440 shots. Most of the time I will end up with 3k in the first few minutes without realizing It. Shines in platoons as well, can roll with mediums or heavies and provide good dpm and meaty alpha. Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

HD model came out today, IS7 still manages to pen my angled UFP

:feelsbad:

dont rely on UFP

The turret is fucking insane after HD. Just try to find obstacle and show only your turret. I eventually forced opposing T-62A to switch HE from HEAT at me LOLZ

Side is still unreliable but it certainly feels better. If it just had stalinium side like Russki heavies...

I hate the skin with the HD model. Overall the tank looks fine...very...generic of course. But what is with the camo skins? My 121 is gorgeous...and my 113 looks like shit.

I run safe stowage on the 113 and still I get ammo racked twice per game, even by the smallest calibre gun... This thing is just one giant ammorack

i've recently bought the 113, just in time for CWC

this is my 4th tier X tank, 3rd that I'd purchased since 907 was CWC reward tank, and my 1st tier X heavy tank.

i haven't played that many games in it, but from what i've played so far, it's quite nice.

My feelings about that tank are increasingly mixed: I get why it is extremely useful for CW. But at the same time this tank frustrates the f*** out of me. During this campaign I finished games with a damaged ammorack more often than not. And let's not even speak about the blow-ups.

On 14.12.2016 at 4:45 PM, Gharirey said:

My feelings about that tank are increasingly mixed: I get why it is extremely useful for CW. But at the same time this tank frustrates the f*** out of me. During this campaign I finished games with a damaged ammorack more often than not. And let's not even speak about the blow-ups.

Your turretless hull was nice cover for me, good tank, it serves even in death.

On 1/18/2017 at 3:57 AM, ProfessorMunroe said:

Do i want safe stowage or firefighting (which I have on the other 3 crew)?  I run 2 rep kits so firefighting is obviously relevant. 

SS is a more valuable perk than FF on only one crewmember.

And 2 repkits are not always enough, since 2500 hitpoints last long...much longer than ammorack. There is also module dmg...from killing the gun with HE for example (dank turret).

On 27.7.2016 at 3:44 PM, leggasiini said:

The turret is fucking insane after HD. Just try to find obstacle and show only your turret.

You make it sound so fucking easy. This isn't a cheap shooter, there aren't just obstacles of the perfect size laying around everywhere.

With 5 degrees of gun depression you can't even work a bump let alone a ridge. This tank is garbage.

quoting over half year old comments :>

Ur kinda right, its not very easy to show it but it can bounce if you manage to do that. I tbh hate 113 on randoms these days anyways soo

Spent all my gold to get the 113 because my clan gave out 500 gold to everyone who bought one within a week.

No clue why everyone is hyping it so hard.

It has no armour and it is huge so it can't sidescrape and it can't go around a corner in any other way either.

It is very easy to hit for arty and very rewarding too.

It is inaccurate as hell, it is as if Stalin himself is guiding your shots in the wrong direction to piss you off.

It has no gun depression at all, so no hull down, no ridge line working no medium tank gameplay.

TLDR you can't do anything. You can't snipe, you can't brawl and you can't go hulldown.

Then I thought "let's see what those wotlabs guys think about it" and so I found this thread.

5 hours ago, Super_Rybak said:

Spent all my gold to get the 113 because my clan gave out 500 gold to everyone who bought one within a week.

It has no armour and it is huge so it can't sidescrape and it can't go around a corner in any other way either.

It is inaccurate as hell, it is as if Stalin himself is guiding your shots in the wrong direction to piss you off.

It has no gun depression at all, so no hull down, no ridge line working no medium tank gameplay.

TLDR you can't do anything. You can't snipe, you can't brawl and you can't go hulldown.

Then I thought "let's see what those wotlabs guys think about it" and so I found this thread.

113 is on the other end of spectrum from the E 50 M - useless in pubs, god king of CW when used correctly (and with 5 skill crew+food+gold consumables).

It is all about dpm on a mobile chassis + VERY resistant to goldspam in CW (medium gold rounds) when hulldown + high hitpoints and alpha...

For example, on every map you are slower than RU meds...but not much...karelia/Mines hill you are gonna come just in time to hit meds once in passing, then just go for a kill while BC bounce shitty APCR on you...and you rape him with 440 bombs every 7.7 sec. 

Tier X TDs and arty ruin the game...as well as anything outside organised play. 

Because in organised play you still have way better gun handling than E 100 (and Maus is so slow it practically does not count for any sort of offensive play), with same HEAT and better DPM/speed, so you are better positioned. 

I tried my E 50 M in CW with yolo setup of 10-12 BC+1-2 RU meds and my E 50 M...and we won like 9 out of 10 games...lost only to FAME with even crazier setup of 10 BCs, 2 E5s and 3 obj 140s....with 3 k dmg awg.

So E 50 M is more useful in CW than 113 in randoms...except to bully an occasional medium (if you do not get lit p or ammo racked).

On 22.3.2017 at 11:40 PM, Felicius said:

113 is on the other end of spectrum from the E 50 M - useless in pubs, god king of CW when used correctly (and with 5 skill crew+food+gold consumables).

It is all about dpm on a mobile chassis + VERY resistant to goldspam in CW (medium gold rounds) when hulldown + high hitpoints and alpha...

For example, on every map you are slower than RU meds...but not much...karelia/Mines hill you are gonna come just in time to hit meds once in passing, then just go for a kill while BC bounce shitty APCR on you...and you rape him with 440 bombs every 7.7 sec. 

Tier X TDs and arty ruin the game...as well as anything outside organised play. 

Because in organised play you still have way better gun handling than E 100 (and Maus is so slow it practically does not count for any sort of offensive play), with same HEAT and better DPM/speed, so you are better positioned. 

I tried my E 50 M in CW with yolo setup of 10-12 BC+1-2 RU meds and my E 50 M...and we won like 9 out of 10 games...lost only to FAME with even crazier setup of 10 BCs, 2 E5s and 3 obj 140s....with 3 k dmg awg.

So E 50 M is more useful in CW than 113 in randoms...except to bully an occasional medium (if you do not get lit p or ammo racked).

I suppose the 113 is one of these tanks that are good, but extremely frustrating to play.

5 hours ago, ComradeHX said:

At least it's better than IS-7.

I like IS-7 more lol, atleast isnt plastered with ammoracks and fueltanks everywhere. It also has more reliable armor than 113.

Okay those still gets damaged but fuck 113's module damage, seriously.

IS-7 will be buffed anyways in 9.19 / 9.18.1 so there is that :^)

On 3/23/2017 at 1:02 AM, Super_Rybak said:

I didn't find the module damage frustrating at all, coming from the WZ-111 1-4 where you could get ammoracked twice in a row by light tanks. What I did very much dislike was the stupid aim time and the limousine hull which makes positioning a pain.

The greatest strengths of this tank are the speed, DPM and armour when hulldown. In a way it has a combination of raw power that no other tank has, which makes it unique and fun to play, but the combination of characteristics is subject to caveats which make the tank clumsy to play and extremely easy to mess up in. The speed is good but your gun depression limits a lot of terrain use. The DPM is high but it doesnt work outside 300m. The turret and UFP are goldspam resistant half of the time and half of the time you get gutted by autoaiming Tiger IIs.

Make no mistake, the tank can work ridgelines, but you have to experiment a lot with turning the hull sideways and reversing up a slope and a lot of other weird tricks. The 111, which has the same gun depression 1 tier lower, is at least much easier to use thanks to the front mounted turret.

The E50M is like a 113 that trades raw power for comfort: less DPM and less armour, but easier to bring both to bear.

I have played a few games in  the E50M on a friends account but being the stupid heavy player I am, the turret frustrated the hell out of me. The E50M plays by minimising exposure; the 113 works because it can survive exposure.

However, I have to say that the 113 is a terrible brawler especially coming from things like the 111 and the T-10. The armour either works, or, when you're out of position, doesn't. To avoid tilt I generally play it as a second line support tank early game - it's suboptimal because I hardly use the 113's mobility for early game positioning, but at least I don't get caught out in stupid positions because of the sheer length of the tank or get splatted by cancer after finding a perfect hulldown angle.

In an odd way it kind of reminds me of the 430 II. 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

I like IS-7 more lol, atleast isnt plastered with ammoracks and fueltanks everywhere. It also has more reliable armor than 113.

Okay those still gets damaged but fuck 113's module damage, seriously.

IS-7 will be buffed anyways in 9.19 / 9.18.1 so there is that :^)

When people shoot through IS-7 ufp with premium rounds, you will realize just how much ammorack and fueltank IS-7 has in front as well.

Maybe IS-7 will get buffed to decent level, or maybe it will continue to suck.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, ComradeHX said:

Maybe IS-7 will get buffed to decent level, or maybe it will continue to suck.

Given WG's all or nothing approach to tank balancing, I'd be quite worried for the 113 and all the other heaviums.

Presently, these tanks are distinguished by their good guns, decent mobility and workable armour. If the IS-7 acquires too much more mobility and firepower, it might just dive straight into heavium territory, only with the armour of a superheavy - if the E5 is any indication that is.

IMO the IS-7 does need better gun handling and better agility, and perhaps a slight reload bonus, but if say its gun and terrain resistances get ungimped to beta test levels it's going to be really difficult for these other tanks to retain their niches.

59 minutes ago, lavawing said:

If the IS-7 acquires too much more mobility and firepower

That's never been a problem, Obj.260 already exists. ;)

I'll be okay with a alpha damage buff(to 263 level) or just give it a BL-10 or something with 3rpm.

So, has the 5a made this obsolete now?  I just got the 5a and the hype seems pretty legit, I kept the 111111111-1-4 to train another crew for the 113, but honestly I'm thinking about just keeping the tier 9 and forgetting the 113 altogether.  Is there any compelling reason to get the 113 anymore?

41 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

So, has the 5a made this obsolete now?  I just got the 5a and the hype seems pretty legit, I kept the 111111111-1-4 to train another crew for the 113, but honestly I'm thinking about just keeping the tier 9 and forgetting the 113 altogether.  Is there any compelling reason to get the 113 anymore?

Short answer: no.

The 113 is better at being a heavy than the 5A ever will be. 5A's armour is still unreliable against HEAT unlike the 113, nor can it sidescrape. 

The 5A is straight out better at shitting out damage, however.