Sign in to follow this  
jonnydeathstar

Jack of All Trades / High Octane Gas on the French Autoloaders

Question

Hi -

In the esteemed opinion of the purple people, is it worth it to train your commander on Jack of All Trades so you can ditch your first aid kit and run High Octane gas on your French Surrender Tank  Autoloader?

The reason for jack of all trades is to mitigate driver death. I figure if you lose the gunner or commander you can get by.

If not, please suggest your / an auto-loader consumable load out. I currently run small first aid, small repair, coffee.

Thanks!

-j.

8 answers to this question

In all the high-tier French tanks, pretty much every crew member is either the:

1. Commander - also Radioman/Loader

2. Gunner - also Radioman/Loader

3. Driver

So basically every crew member is extra important, and losing any one of them ruins you.

Dont ditch med kit, save a skill space and put Hi oct instead of FE.

I'm assuming we are talking about french heavy's. They dont burn from frontal shots so FE is not that important unless you potato much and get shot in ass.

No point running Coffee on 13 90 as it is alot more fire prone than you think it is.

As for the 50 100, I run Auto Extinguishers for those pesky T1s shooting me up the bum (Yes, I'm talking about Tournaments).

The boost Gas/Rations provides is only worth it on some vehicles which need them, the French Autoloaders aren't those vehicles which do need them.

Crew Skills offer enough already, the risk of catching on fire is alot greater in these flimsy vehicles, or maybe I'm the only one cursed with burning in CW with my Bat and the 13 90 in Tournaments everytime I took off the Auto Ex for Coffee.

My Setups:

AMX 50 100:-

Pubs:

30 AP/30 APCR

- Small Repair

- Small Aid
- Auto Ex

Tournaments:

30 APCR/30 AP

- Prem Repair

- Prem Aid
- Auto Ex

AMX 13 90:-

Pubs+Tourneys:

36 APCR

- Prem Repair

- Prem Aid

- Auto Ex

Bat:-

Pubs:

30 APCR

- Prem Repair

- Prem Aid

- Auto Ex

CW:-
15 APCR/15 HEAT
- Prem Repair

- Prem Aid

- Auto Ex

The 13 90 is a fuel tank fire waiting to happen.

And with only 1100HP even the two ticks of fire damage at ~55 apiece that mark the difference between auto and manual extinguishers are going to be felt.

You want to be running auto extinguishers on it, and I would skill the crew up for Repairs with a reasonably high priority because it's also highly prone to engine damage due to the small size of the vehicle and the front mounted engine.  Spending 4 seconds repairing tracks so you can keep your kit for the engine is better than being crippled and useless for the rest of the game by your acceleration being shot.

No point running Coffee on 13 90 as it is alot more fire prone than you think it is.

The 13 90 is a fuel tank fire waiting to happen.

I ran coffee on the last 50 games of the AMX12t I played and my first 40 or so games on the AMX 1375. I guess I've gotten away with it, I don't seem to get set on fire that often (lucky maybe?), or the low HP Pool on those tanks means every time I've been set on fire has been shortly followed by explosive death. I can see where in higher tier tanks with more HP it would make a difference though.

If you get the skill, I still wouldn't replace the medkit, a 75% crewmember is still a significant loss compared to a 100% crewmember

In all the high-tier French tanks, pretty much every crew member is either the:

1. Commander - also Radioman/Loader

2. Gunner - also Radioman/Loader

3. Driver

So basically every crew member is extra important, and losing any one of them ruins you.

Both good points I hadn't considered, I guess the question boils down to "is higher initial performance worth sacrificing survivability?"

The 13 90 can't run high octane, it's diesel.

I didn't know there were in-game differences between gas & diesel... one more thing to remember! Do diesel engines have any bonuses? Less flammable or something?

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,

-j.