Banish

The VK. 7201 (K) Code "Survey"! Q&A

Here are the twenty-five questions I asked during my eight day public Quiz, the quiz itself is not really in any particular order.

I apologize that it took this long to release the quiz, as I did not have my computer with me during the Holidays.

Without Further Ado!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

Electromagnetic waves travel through space at an estimated velocity of 299,792 km/sec (or 186,282 miles/sec). Assuming the place of origin was the sun; how long would it take for the rays to reach the earth? (Created by Banish)

Roughly 8 minutes

Would the "Blue" spectrum of light take more or less time to reach the Earths surface, compared to the other colours in the light spectrum. (Created by Banish)

More time

If an object with roughly the mass of 5.97219x10^24 kilograms displayed a gravitational force of 9.78 m/s2 what would be the estimated gravitational force of an object of roughly 1.30900x10^22 kilograms? (Created by Banish)

0.58 meters per second

In free space, all electromagnetic waves (radio, light, X-rays, etc.) obey the inverse-square law which states that the power density of an electromagnetic wave is proportional to the inverse of the square of the distance from a point source.  What is this formula? (Created by Toolbox)

\rho_P \propto \frac{1}{r^2}

Assuming a Vessel is restricted in her ability to maneuver (making way; vessel less than 50 meters in length). What day-shape would they display? (Created by Toolbox)

Ball - Diamond - Ball

The United States maritime economic exclusion zone is enforced by what agency?  (Created by Toolbox)

US Coast Guard

What is the VOR reception Distance of Plane that is roughly 3.048km above the Earth? (Created by Banish)

1.23 * √10,000ft = 123nm

What nerve innervates the posterior compartment of the forearm, what are its spinal roots and what condition is commonly seen with paralysis of this nerve? (Created by NoFuncom)

Radial nerve, C5C5,C6,C7,C8,-T1, Wrist Drop (also radial nerve palsy)

What is the first layer of refraction light hits when entering the eye? (Created by BlinkyourDead)

Tear film

At what stage of flight does an aircraft give off the greatest amount of wake turbulence? (Created by Banish)

Slow and Dirty

On an aircraft, what might cause the Magnetic Compass to display erratic readings? (Created by Banish)

The effects of dip and inertia

What is the physical difference between a synchro transmitter and a synchro receiver? (Created by Toolbox)

A synchro receiver uses some form of damping to retard excessive oscillations or spinning

In aviation, what is the main measure of a pressurization systems efficiency known as? (Created by Banish)

Maximum Differential

Use the rule of thumb of determine the SAT or Standard Air Temperature for an aircraft cruising at FL 310. (Created by Banish)

Formula: Flight Level x 2, - 15 = Negative Temperature. (31 x 2) - 15 = 47, -47

What would the Pressure Altitude be at an Airport that has an elevation of 604ft, if the Altimeter setting of 2981? (Created by Banish)

714 Feet

What effect does flux leakage in a transformer have on the coefficient of coupling ( K) in the transformer? (Created by Toolbox)

It causes K to be less than unity ( 1 )

How does the addition of a screen grid in a tetrode reduce interelectrode capacitance? (Created by Toolbox)

The interelectrode capacitance (cpg) is divided between two series capacitances; thus, cpg is

greatly reduced.

What is the device called that will separate alternating current from direct current, or that will separate alternating current of one frequency from other alternating currents of different frequencies? (Created by Banish)

A Filter

What is the polarity of the first alternation of the tank circuit in an emitter-loaded npn pulsed oscillator? (Created by Banish)

Negative

In an astable multivibrator, which components determine the pulse repetition frequency? (Created by Banish)

RC coupling networks

In an a.c. circuit that contains both an inductor and a capacitor, what term is used for the difference between the individual reactances? (Created by Banish)

Resultant reactance

A 52" semi truck trailer  is being loaded with 7 rolls of fiberboard, putting the gross weight of the entire vehicle at 78,000lbs. Where would each roll on the trailer need to be placed in order to ensure proper weight distribution between the fifth wheel and the trailer tandems? (Created by Desolate)

2 in the front, followed by 1 placed on the right side of the trailer 4 feet back from the front, followed by one on the left side of the trailer 4 feet back from that one, followed by one 4 feet back from that one on the other side of the trailer.. etc etc, with 2 being loaded right above the tandem wheels, leaving roughly 10 feet of clearance to the door.

Assuming that you are hauling a heavy load in a 10 speed Semi-Truck, what is the reccomended gear to be in when going down a hill with a 7 degree incline at a speed of 45 mph? (Created by Desolate)

8th gear

If a Tractor-Trailer has a weight of 34810 on the drive axles, and a weight of 31000 on the tandem axles, how many holes would the tandems locks need to be slid foward into to evenly distribute the weight? (Created by Desolate)

Eight

How many FailLowes Tanks / Codes were given out in total at the end of the Second Campaign? (Created by Banish)

How much sex has Banish & Toolbox had in the last 6 months excluding minerals and vegetables? (Created by Lozarus)

Nil

How much gold has Lozarus extorted from the RELIC treasury in the last 6 months? (Created by SIMP)

More than SIMP earned in tournaments

Here are the twenty-five questions I asked during my eight day public Quiz, the quiz itself is not really in any particular order.

I apologize that it took this long to release the quiz, as I did not have my computer with me during the Holidays.

Without Further Ado!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

Electromagnetic waves travel through space ...

During your next quiz pls refrain from using perversions like .lbs, miles, feet and so on. Otherwise I really liked it, good idea.

Edit:

What I mean is, you make a scientific quiz and use these units of measurement. Its just ... I think it was a NASA mars probe that crashed, because some morons used feet and miles, instead of proper meters.

Only uncivilized countries use imperial system.

That's probably what the Zulu said to the English when they were buying our tophats and we we're scared shitless by their massive cocks.

If an object with roughly the mass of 5.97219x10^24 kilograms displayed a gravitational force of 9.78 m/s2 what would be the estimated gravitational force of an object of roughly 1.30900x10^22 kilograms? (Created by Banish)

0.58 meters per second

I'm having trouble with this one.

I read this as: Mass 1 causes a certain acceleration of a test mass at a certain distance. What would the acceleration (of this test mass) be if Mass 1 was replaced by Mass 2 (distance is unchanged)?

But the answer to that question is 0.0215 m/s^2, so how should I interpret the question instead?

P.S. "force" is in kg*m/s^2.

P.P.S. What's with all the aviation questions? Sheesh! =D

P.P.P.S. Oops, almost forgot the obligatory "Go SI or go home!" slogan!