TuckerT

What MODS do you use?

I'm sure this has already been asked but I couldn't find it......What is your favorite/most useful mod setup?

I don't like a cluttered screen and like to keep things simple, so the mod "packages" don't work for me. Some of mine are also window dressing in the hanger and such, anyways here's my list that I usually put together individually after each update.......

Auto-login and no opening screen

Hanger clocks, dates and ping

Hanger double tank carousel

I like Kasian's colorful info panel (but its in Russian)

In-Game....

Jimbo's simple sights - very uncluttered, like reload time for arty, nice for tanks but not necessary

zoom in and out - really like the zoom out as it is great for situational awareness

Hitlog for dmg given (don't really care about dmg taken and from who, just look at panel for what's left, also on my sight)

More precise hit indicator

MiniMap mods that show some barrel direction and last position of enemy

Markers - show nick, type, tier and percentage (not a fan of the bar, too cluttered)

Base counter - how many tanks and time left

My player panels give efficiency rating

My battle loading screen gives me battles, winrate by tank type and I have mine setup for efficiency rating to give me an idea who I'm up against and with. I've thought about changing to win7 but does it really matter that much?

That's what I run, would love to hear about what others find useful

Thanks

TuckerT

(tanker-forever-in-training)

I use XVM, with a custom config made my GunSmoke (including a damage counter, minimap icons showing tank names, last known position, view range on my tank, as well as the draw distance box, and some other things) and Jimbos Crosshair (which I myself have modified) I am the same as you OP, I dont like clutter. mines Very simple and very clear. easy to look at and get alot of info at a glance. If I want more info from XVM I press tab.

looks like this: (taken from the PM conversation I had with Gunsmoke while he was designing it) 

RD0Xceb.jpg

I think this is the forum you were looking for. Hopefully a mod will move it.

XVM (with a pastel color scheme to save my eyes, minimal damage log, autologin, and server ping in garage.)

YasenKrasen's Session Statistics (so I can feel even worse about my play; also with the optional Skulls because I hate how it recolors dead players' names otherwise.)

ReCo's Vertical Techtree (for nostalgia's sake.)

J1mbo's Reticule (with all the goodies shaved off; seriously, stop packing your mods with "essentials".)

Zoom In/Out (2, 4, 8, 16, 24 step zoom.)

In-Game Chat History (so ziddy cant whine about me missing his love messages when I tab out.)

Garage Clock

Multilined Tank Carousel (2 rows)

Locastan's Minimap (Pref. it over XVMs due to the ease of editing; set to show autospot, view range, and draw distance circles. All extra junk removed.)

Zayaz's Damage Panel (This one. I also put in the optional minimap edge transparency for maximum screen real estate)

Received Damage Log
Fog Remover (Makes distant shots easier imho.)

IGR Hangar

In-game it looks like this:

m9nq3Bc.jpg

Thanks Rexxie.... I like the clean look, I wish I had found that forum last week when I was playing and reconstructing my mods. There are a few I have never seen on the other mod sites so I guess I will start playing again... lol

Grass is always greener

Playing with mods gives me something to do when MM decides it's not going to put me on winning teams for the rest of the night ( I could be the common denominator there :O)  Would be nice if there was a way to test your mod look without entering battle, being a noob (or boob) I am not aware of a way other than training which you need two people for. It would be nice to test mods, scout positions, etc without entering battle and hampering a team.

Would be nice if there was a way to test your mod look without entering battle, being a noob (or boob) I am not aware of a way other than training which you need two people for. It would be nice to test mods, scout positions, etc without entering battle and hampering a team.

Watch a replay! It'll show your mods =)

Anfield's

Although the colours are different which is a bit confusing.

jimbo crosshairs

accurate dmg indicator

xvm

my own xvm config (layout, stats, minimap)

custom contour images

zoom in mod

white wrecks

locastan's damage panel

locastan's colored messages

my ui looks like an anime spaceship

Color me absolutely fucking amazed.

I use more or less the mods that are in Sela's mod pack, but I've got my own XVM configuration that I've been limping along and updating since 8.2 or so.

I like to look for quirky mods on EU/RU forums and edit them, heh

modified xvm config w/ Seriych style markers

Omegaice's xvm tank minimap view ranges

MR_TEZ's Overcross sights

ServerCross, ZoomX & ZoomOut

locastan's tank angle, colored messages and session stats

4lCapwn's multilined tank carousel

masheene's info panel 

GambitER's damage panel

Beige dead tanks

Gnomefather's engine and gun sounds

drhideg's Progress indicator textmod

y1Hz80w.jpg

I use:

Anfields Mod pack

Gnomefather's Enhanced Engine and Sounds

4lCapwn's multilined tank carousel

White Tank Bodies mod

Pinkie Pie's Sixth Sense Mod(Twitchy Twitch! *arty*)

Detailed list:

anime intro pack

anime loading screens

anime skins (for only 50 tanks atm, game wiped mai skins for no reason while updating to 8.10)

anime voicepack

anime 6th sense

anime crewicons

aslain xvm

deegies sights

damage panel mod

white death mod

auto extinguisher script

statistics pack

no fog

some illegal chinese mods like auto 6th sense kappa

I'm using:

Locastan's Minimap (with all the proxy/view/draw range goodness), plus a mod that is simply called "no-scroll" (it removes the 1st/3rd person transition with the mouse wheel, it doesn't affect zoom levels).