Sign in to follow this  
ANTICAMPER

FCM 50T or Jagtig 8.8. Which one and why?

11 posts in this topic

I might start a german line, so crew training. Which one is better at making money, learning, and since they both have preferential match making, which one can carry better?

Please answer these questions down below, and pick a favorite.

As far as making money goes I've heard fantastic things about both tanks. But if you want to have a fun time that's up to what kind of play style you find yourself pairing with. When in a hull down position the 8.8 is nigh impenetrable. It has a fantastic gun that when put into the perfect position has potential to make credits like no tomorrow.

The FCM however plays like a 50 100 without an autoloader. Self awareness and reading the map are a MUST on this tank. Find yourself in a wrong position and almost any shot will penetrate your gigantic and weak hull. But if you have the proper mindset for a medium tank then you'll be in love. Fantastic gun depression, fast firing gun with the best AP penetration of all pref 8 premiums, fast hull and tons of hit points on a sweet toasted bun.

TL;DR:

8.8: Hull down love, slow as fuck

FCM: Squishy medium but fast and very high penetration

Just a follow up - how did you like the 50t? I'm thinking about getting one because I'm tired of grinding my Type 59 and 122-44

(edit) - Nevermind, I just saw your other post on it. Thanks!