Intumesce

Type 61: Exceeding Expectations

Why is your hit rate 73%? Not that it matters of course :D

I do lots of blind shooting. Quite often I did run out of ammo but never lost a game for it though. Also wr is pretty bad, last ~45 games where 50% wins. I don't think I've ever had worse teams, not even kidding  :D

If I'll get permission to make a replay thread on purple section, I'll upload those 45 games for sure  :verysmug: . I had a pretty bad mental collapse there....

I do lots of blind shooting. Quite often I did run out of ammo but never lost a game for it though. Also wr is pretty bad, last ~45 games where 50% wins. I don't think I've ever had worse teams, not even kidding  :D

If I'll get permission to make a replay thread on purple section, I'll upload those 45 games for sure  :verysmug: . I had a pretty bad mental collapse there....

Just post on Epic Pubbie Battle section.

10 RPM? Maybe on the stock turret. The Type 61's 90 has 12 RPM, putting the Cent's 20lber to shame.  Thing is only 125 dpm off the Object 263, the highest dpm T10.

Not only that, but with the 90mm the Type 61 is rocking some pretty ridiculously good gun handling, again putting the Cent to shame.

You might be on to something - if you can get around the low alpha, the Type 61's 90 is really fucking good.

I'm running the Type 61 with 90mm with (40%/50%/10%) ratio of AP/HEAT/HE (HE for waffentraggers)  and this DPM is very fun. With rammer/food my reload is slightly less than 5 seconds. I'm curious if I ran vents (drop optics) and BIA. I had another Type61 go head to head with me and scream wtf ROF! In battle tier 11 I relegate myself more to a flanker/scout like the WZ-132 singling out the enemy tier 8 scouts and low armor 9s.

Except you're a WZ-132 with markedly less camo and agility. Heck, maybe even less armor...

with more rof than 85, ~ alpha as 100, better pen, double gun depression, better gun handling, about 700 more hp... 

with more rof than 85, ~ alpha as 100, better pen, double gun depression, better gun handling, about 700 more hp...

Actually, worse gun handling. And those 700 extra hp don't last long when you have no camo and no agility.

Seriously, that's practically the worst possible way to play the 61.

I relegate myself more to a flanker/scout like the WZ-132 singling out the enemy tier 8 scouts and low armor 9s.

Type 61 has like 7-8% camo stationary. It is around 4 % while moving.

What are you even...

Play it with big gun

Abuse your epic gun and dpm (it is a tier 10 gun in tier 9)

Play it like a mobile td from a long range. (Relocate to different flanks but always stay in long range unless there is a gun depression spot available for you to play the depression game from mid range.)

Scouting with this tank is just pure retarded.

I'm not scouting right off, I save myself till the end and will scout if i'm only one available left. The tier 10 gun has less dpm.

I'm not scouting right off, I save myself till the end and will scout if i'm only one available left. The tier 10 gun has less dpm.

DPM don't matter if (a) you're dead; (b) you're not penning your opponents and © you lose the game.

The 20 pdr on the Cent 7/1 has higher DPM than the L7

The 90 on the Leo PTA has higher DPM than the L7

The 105 on the E-75 has higher DPM than the 128

The 120 on the T30/T95 has higher DPM than the 155

So on and so forth.

I see you've only played 3 games in it. Maybe you ought to listen to those who've actually played through it?

© you lose the game.

ARGHHHGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHOIEJROIEWJROIJWELJKSDLFKJHKLjh

Also: I can't imagine trying to use the Type 61 to DPM. DPM only works for me if I've got armor, ridiculous camo a la the E-25, or scout-like mobility. Plus, the Type 61's L7 is so damned good.

DPM don't matter if (a) you're dead; (b) you're not penning your opponents and © you lose the game.

The 20 pdr on the Cent 7/1 has higher DPM than the L7

The 90 on the Leo PTA has higher DPM than the L7

The 105 on the E-75 has higher DPM than the 128

The 120 on the T30/T95 has higher DPM than the 155

So on and so forth.

I see you've only played 3 games in it. Maybe you ought to listen to those who've actually played through it?

My point is that the DPM boost is so significant that it may not be worth free xping. I'll play some more of course and may change my mind but it didn't seem bad with some heat spam. Did you free xp everything?

My point is that the DPM boost is so significant that it may not be worth free xping. I'll play some more of course and may change my mind but it didn't seem bad with some heat spam. Did you free xp everything?

Significant DPM boost?

The 90 mm has 240 alpha@12 RoF=3120 DPM (including 1st shot)

The 105 has 390@6=2730 including 1st shot

370 difference. If you bounce one shot, or hold your shot for ~8 seconds, the DPM difference evaporates.

DPM is overrated in soft, low-camo support fire platforms.

I never notice crap accuracy on Patton due to acceptable bloom while moving and good aim time. With most tanks, I shoot before circle is zoomed in anyway, so whether a tank has good accuracy and bad bloom or bad accuracy and good bloom is irrelevant to me, I shoot when the aim circle sort of covers what I want to hit.

Im more accurate snap shooting with the Patton than I am taking well aimed shots. 

Btw, expected E 75 only 73 damage done higher than Patton?!?!?!

Are people running camo on this thing? Even with the terribad camo values on the Type 61, it seems it has saved me the game more often than not, especially in endgame situations.

*sigh*.

1,700 HP instagib once again. Cannot wait to be done with this thing. Only 12k XP left.

Are people running camo on this thing? Even with the terribad camo values on the Type 61, it seems it has saved me the game more often than not, especially in endgame situations.

Not much else to do. Not like you'll survive long enough for repairs to do much.

Edit: STB-1 acquired, will now have to deal with a bit less of this.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is the worst T9 medium in game.  I'd trade it for my LPA in a heartbeat.  The camo is meaningless, because the tank is so tall that you can't hid behind anything.  You can't snipe, because the accuracy is shit.  The bad accuracy means you can't pen, because you deviate to the hard bits of armor.  It's slower than the Russians, handling more like a Patton.

The only good thing is the depression, which doesn't matter much since you can't hull down or hit shots.  I have under 10k xp left to finish the on track, and am not sure if I can stomach the necessary games to finish it.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is the worst T9 medium in game.  I'd trade it for my LPA in a heartbeat.  The camo is meaningless, because the tank is so tall that you can't hid behind anything.  You can't snipe, because the accuracy is shit.  The bad accuracy means you can't pen, because you deviate to the hard bits of armor.  It's slower than the Russians, handling more like a Patton.

The only good thing is the depression, which doesn't matter much since you can't hull down or hit shots.  I have under 10k xp left to finish the on track, and am not sure if I can stomach the necessary games to finish it.

The Lorraine would like to have a word with you.

But in general, yes, it does trade a ton for its higher DPM compared to the other L7 carriers. Somehow I still ended up with acceptable stats in mine, but it wasn't always fun.

Significant DPM boost?

The 90 mm has 240 alpha@12 RoF=3120 DPM (including 1st shot)

The 105 has 390@6=2730 including 1st shot

370 difference. If you bounce one shot, or hold your shot for ~8 seconds, the DPM difference evaporates.

DPM is overrated in soft, low-camo support fire platforms.

Your right. The 105 makes for sense for this tank (peekaboom gun depression), the opportunity to use the 90mm DPM even heat spamming was limited. I didn't do bad with 90mm but not really stellar either, I do miss the gun handling and seemed more capable against a derping scout tank.

The camo on this tank is complete shit and I don't understand why, I prefer the PTA over it myself also.