Sign in to follow this  
sgtguppie

Terms that need defined, please!

I have a very slow learning curve, for instance I learned in the last two weeks that you can take crews from one tank and move to a like premium without penalty.  After I reached 15K battles.

That said, I have some confusion as to what is a proper definition for common terms used in this community.  I hear them often, and used to believe that I was not a scrub, but after being refered to as one by what I thought was a peers, with similar stats, I am confused.

Terms I don't get:

1.  Blues

2.  Greens

3.  Blunicums (New term, heard twice now)

4.  Unicum (Similar to Purples?)

5.  Super Unicum (Deep Purples?)

6.  Pubs (thought is was general for anyone playing a Pub match)

7.  Scrubs (thought is was similar to Bads, sub 48%ers)

Please, a definition based off of wotlabs coloring would be nice, ie: I have two blue, two green, and one purple.  And a general knowledge of what is accepted definitions, not "I am Super Unicum, all others are Scrubs/Noobs."

Thanks!

Blues - Good players ( 55% - 59%, around that area).  From the blue color in metrics.

Green -  Decent players (52%, around that area).  Not dumb pubs.  From the green color in skill metrics.

Blunicums - same as "Blues"

Unicum - Top players, Basically the same as purples.  Unicum means unique in I think Latin.

Super Unicum - Yes, deep purples. 

Pubs - Yes but generally it is used to insult bad players in pub matches.

Scrubs - Bads.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Wenkel, but maybe I need to be more clear.  What stat do people define a player by in general?  I have exactly one purple, but by no means does that make me a Unicum.  I have two green, but have shown to play better than most Greens recently.  Or is this really something that a person places thier own definition on?

Thanks Wenkel, but maybe I need to be more clear.  What stat do people define a player by in general?  I have exactly one purple, but by no means does that make me a Unicum.  I have two green, but have shown to play better than most Greens recently.  Or is this really something that a person places thier own definition on?

Its what you mostly are - you would likely be called a "blue".  And 60 day stats are more important than overall.  Also even then people are judged by skill when possible because stats can be padded (especially win rate).

However blue and purple are commonly used when talking about teammates or enemies and how they appear on the XVM mod (which, if you don't know, gives a quick analysis of each player on your team and the enemy team.

Unicum purple is Stefal/Wenkel puple.

Deep purple is Nisa purple.

The rest are pretty much explained by the previous posters.

Biggest surprise I ever got was a tier I match where a player had no idea what it meant when he was instructed to cap. I honestly thought everyone had heard of cap before from playing capture the flag, laser tag or some variation.  The stuff you learn while trying to work on your master tanker medal...