Valachio

AMX 50 120

Im assuming the top engine is a must get? Couldnt stand the 100mm so i free xp'd the tracks and 120mm. Seems like a reasonable tank so far.

Im assuming the top engine is a must get? Couldnt stand the 100mm so i free xp'd the tracks and 120mm. Seems like a reasonable tank so far.

Yeah, you're still the size of a barn but at least you get your mobility back to AMX 50 100 levels.

50B is worth it.  APCR + Autoloader on a mobile platform is always a good thing.

T57 has better intra-drum reload, but 50B is more accurate and can relocate and flex very well.

IMO it is one of those tanks most underestimated by enemies at tier X.

50-120 is a bitch to get through  playable, but it is worth it.

Gotta love its Russian style ammo rack though. Hit the wrong button on my mouse thumbpad earlier, so instead of fixing my ammo rack, i fixed my tracks. Derp. 

Victory!
Battle: Ensk 
Vehicle: AMX 50 120
Experience received: 3,588 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 165,350
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

100k credit bonus, but 4.8k damage in a T10 game. Thx for the replay btw Val, gave some nice pointers on the 50 120. Cant wait till 50B.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/980196#el_halluf-orkusmorkus-amx_50_120

Solid T9 tank. My best game so far. Not a tier 10 game but dat base XP

Thoughts so far after a couple o' dozen games:

1. Have no idea how this things expected damage is so high considering how easy it is to make a mistake. Decent gun yeah but still...

2. Bouncing more than I expected to. The rounded edges of the upper turret are sometimes difficult to pen but people (even good players) often miss that fact and just try to get a hit, thinking your turret is paper. That as well as the decent side armour + mobility which allows you to juke a lot of shots into trackshots/side ricochets, or ricochets off the wrong side of the pike.

3. Having played a few autoloaders I find the slow cyclic rate a bit unsettling as much as it is crippling. Hard to get a good rhythm going when you're clipping someone with such a massive hangtime. Good firepower makes up for it.

4. Maybe I'm mad but it actually seems to make credits ok when you don't play like a moron and use the (excellent) AP ammo. Also seems to have a high XP coefficient for an autoloader.

But yeah cant wait to sell it for the 50B. The playstyle is far too much like the WTE100 - camp like a bitch then yolorush

Very nice game. 

I think i've bounced maybe 5~ rounds in it altogether. Tracks can get lucky absorbs though. 

I find the reload amazing after the 50 100, that took forever. 

I also dont have much a problem making money in it, its AP pen is very nice, damage per shot is decent. 

Here are some of my best games in it so far, nothing as good as yours but I was pretty satisfied with them. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/985122#team 4.8k loss

http://wotreplays.com/site/980365#swamp-skyf24-amx_50_120 4.8k platooned carry

http://wotreplays.com/site/964072#steppes-skyf24-amx_50_120 4.6k platooned carry. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/942455#ensk-skyf24-amx_50_120 5.6k solo carry

I'm quite excited for the 50B, as  from what i can tell it improves upon the 50 120 and fixes it's problems from playing it on test server. Bout 152k to go, even just playing double for the most part i already have 60~k on it. 

Having a bit of trouble with this tank.  Taking way too much damage early in the game and picking out my engagements poorly, almost always taking a couple of shots of damage to unload a clip, and usually missing or effing up one of the four shots too.

What's the optimal equipment for this tank? V-Stab, GLD, Vents?

Because I'm honestly considering switching vents for wet ammo rack due to how often it gets damaged.

Got 4.9k damage in a Clan Wars game (don't have a tier 10 yet so I had to use a 9) in it yesterday and was doing some really good sniper work from the middle of Fisherman's Bay down into the far end of town about 400 m away.  We lost with 10 seconds to go though, so close.

So the key to this is camp in back like CHAI TD, then go in mid/late game and clean up? I've been trying to play more aggressively in it and have been getting my ass handed to me. Dropped recent WN8 by almost 200 points. Gonna try and be a sissy, see how it goes.

I would definitely say you can't be aggressive in this tank if you are playing solo. I've tried a couple times and been horribly let down expecting my window lickers to support me during my reload. This tank is incredibly strong at the end game, which is where all the carrying you will do will take place. I have unfortunately dropped the ball a couple times when I had the opportunity to carry a game 1v5 or 1v6 at the end, but I would be hard pressed to find a different tier 9 I would do better in in a situation like that. Perhaps the T54E1, but IIRC I slung a lot of gold out of that tank. I haven't fired a gold round out of the 50/120 yet.

Quick question for you guys, I am saving my Free-xp for the unofficial on track to FV4202 so I am going to have to grind the 50-120 the old fashion way. Do you guys think it would be better to unlock the engine first to get the mobility back or get the 120mm first? Right now it seems the 100mm is workable but the stock engine on this thing is such a pain. It feels like I'm driving a 50-100 with a broken engine all the time. 

I can't seem to come to grips with this tank. I've seen some folks with amazing games and consistently good stats using it but I suck more than Jenna Jamison with it. Maybe I need to drop back down to the 50-100 for more practice.

Just a question. Whats the Reload of 50 120 with Bia, vents and 100%? I play torunaments, so i didnt convert/create a new crew to 120, im using from my 50 100. I have BiA, vents and the crew is at 94%. I have 36 sec of reload, its too bad?

Hmm, I played this tank like a medium and usually went to my usual medium spots (note: I'm a combat med driver, not vision games medium driver), though on Prok I had to camp 2-line wit the TD security force holding that side down.

Do not ever attempt a clip dump when against more than 1 enemy, even if you have allies behind you (you're an XP pinata) unless you can put one of them down with the first shot or they are both looking the other way..

58.04%, 224 games, free XPed top gun after a couple matches, had top engine from AC 48, grinded the 212K in 4 days plus 5 dailies (Moday to Friday of second week of ontrack), so hat was 50K a day. It was definitely far less painful than the grind for Leo PTA, because this at least has an autoloader....

After a while, I started to like this tank. It really pumps out damage unlike AMX 50 100 with ~50 second reload. But I always hate that derpy gun handling on French tanks.

And BTW, how the fuck do you make 2,5k DPG? I'm at 2,1k, mostly solo, do you platoon often or?

After a while, I started to like this tank. It really pumps out damage unlike AMX 50 100 with ~50 second reload. But I always hate that derpy gun handling on French tanks.

And BTW, how the fuck do you make 2,5k DPG? I'm at 2,1k, mostly solo, do you platoon often or?

3k is only 2 clipdumps. So just live long enough to get 2 good volleys off on distracted tanks you should be fine for 2.5k even if you bounce the odd shot.

That's sometimes not the best way to think about it, but if all else fails...

Platooning can help your dpg or hurt it depending on what you platoon with, and who of course.

the 100mm stock grind is killing me...

Y u do dis. Bad for ur helf.