Valachio

AMX 50 120

43 minutes ago, Nalok said:

It can work, and when it does its quite satisfying.. but I couldn't get it to work regularly enough.

I found it to be consistently effective, but only inconsistently awesome.  

I had some great games, but not a ton.  And yet my worst games seemed to still get 1200 damage, which is a mighty fine derp game.

well the thing with autoloaders is that they're amazing for the last-stand guilt-damage farming, as I call it. Basically, farming off someone with one last clip before you die in a terrible game. 

You can have a completely shit game (either you sucked out or your team just failed hard) and still come out with 2 clips' worth of damage just because autoloaders provide you with the means to do a lot of damage in a short period of time.

8 hours ago, weesh said:

I found it to be consistently effective, but only inconsistently awesome.  

I had some great games, but not a ton.  And yet my worst games seemed to still get 1200 damage, which is a mighty fine derp game.

That's exactly how I feel actually, you put it a lot better than I ddid. Doesn't make it a keeper, just an acceptable grind.

6 hours ago, cpraf104 said:

well the thing with autoloaders is that they're amazing for the last-stand guilt-damage farming, as I call it. Basically, farming off someone with one last clip before you die in a terrible game. 

You can have a completely shit game (either you sucked out or your team just failed hard) and still come out with 2 clips' worth of damage just because autoloaders provide you with the means to do a lot of damage in a short period of time.

True, but in spite of that for a shitter like me the shortcomings of the 50 120 still make me unable to do much good with it due to its limitations. 

33 minutes ago, cpraf104 said:

Got my mastery in this thing yesterday, basically what I expected of the playstyle. 

Unload into someone, clip in cover, unload, rinse, repeat.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2259366#fisherman_s_bay-zarof-amx_50_120

oh wow, 1260 base xp is enough?  now I feel kinda bad for only getting a few aces during my grind.  

but as has been said, this tank is easy to acceptable, and hard to do awesome in, and only awesome counts for aces.

I've been liking this tank actually. Can be tough solo-pubbing, but with some awareness of timing shots and positioning, you can do great things. But here is my beef with this thing right now (Rant Incoming):

Why would I drive this huge, soft, camo-less turd when I could be driving a Skoda T-50 at tier 9?

Here are the relative perks:

AMX 50-120

• 80 more alpha, 1600 full clip burst (600 more than Skoda)
  • 9 More Pen (again, yipee)
  • 100 more HP (yup, that's it)
  • Slightly more hull armor (whoppity doo)
  • Better gold round (APCR not HEAT)

Skoda T-50

• Half the interclip reload time
  • 2/3rds the clip reload time
  • More DPM
  • Much better standard shell velocity
  • More view range
  • Better Camo (actually has camo)
  • Better mobility (in every. single. regard.)
  • Better turret armor
  • MUCH better gun depression/Elevation (can actually fight on uneven terrain)
  • Better Aim time
  • Lower chance of goddamn fire

And they are both soft as puppy-shit. Seriously, WHY would anyone drive this thing with the Czech mediums at IX?  It has nothing to recommend it. 

Can someone talk me down from the ledge here?  Is there something I am missing?

9 hours ago, Rexxie said:

To be honest, I dont understand why people are so enamored with the 50B, either.

I wanted mine because:

1) Tier 10.
2) Tier 10 team tank.
3) It is in the tree after a tier 8 team tank (50 100).

I had my research planned out like that right after my first 1 or 2k battles.

KV-1S (now KV-85) - IS-3 - IS-7 tree.
T32 - E5 tree because I liked US heavies (until I tried playing E5 pre-buff solo in tier 10).
French heavy tree (50-100 and 50B).
French mediums (13 90 was when I started still a viable team battle tank)

I stopped playing tier 10's solo after some 40 games in the E5 though and I don't team up enough.  

On 17.02.2016 at 11:07 PM, Rexxie said:

To be honest, I dont understand why people are so enamored with the 50B, either.

Well I assume the Skoda will get nerfed before I get it with my ADHD account hopping so 50b it is. 

50 120 frustrates me, and not is way more team dependent then many of the auto-loaders I've played, yes the gun scares people but even with my 100% crew, (doesn't have snapshot, ect, but all equipment)it the first shot always seem to go edge of reticle thus loosing a quarter of your clip. It also hurts it that the tank is the least maneuverable of the french- czech auto-loaders (american ones have ARMOR). it's just meh and need a small buff as it's nearly impossible to play agressivly with it. When I get to the 50B i'll see as to if the 50b can actually play agressivly.

On 2/16/2016 at 11:07 PM, Rexxie said:

Stupid bounces, better gun handling, better overall tank. 50120 is pretty much shit (for me). For me, worst part is no elevation or depression. 

50B is godly because of the speed allows you to flex, the autoloader allows you to put in critical damage (composed of a volley of shots rather than one) where it's needed (read: assassinate someone), gun isn't complete potato, APCR, and a decent ammo count as icing.

The TVP is OP as fuck in the right hands, the 50B is basically a heavier version of the TVP that hits harder.

This is why i hate 50120. What can go wrong???

lAK685S.jpg

1. Tracking shot (-400)
  2. Nice shot to confirm tracks
  3. Miss
  4. Miss

@ 150 m with full aim, and 5 skill crew. On greater distance, gun is horrid. Most of time i hit 50% of clip. (and i don't shot & drive). 

aQ3mfET.gif

8 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

This is why i hate 50120. What can go wrong???

[...]

1. Tracking shot (-400)
  2. Nice shot to confirm tracks
  3. Miss
  4. Miss

@ 150 m with full aim, and 5 skill crew. On greater distance, gun is horrid. Most of time i hit 50% of clip. (and i don't shot & drive). 

It's hard to tell from that image with the bush in the way, but it looks like your center aim point is only barely above the ridgeline.  That's not a 50/120 problem; any tank is going to have a hard time getting 50% hit/pen against that.

11 hours ago, stagnate said:

It's hard to tell from that image with the bush in the way, but it looks like your center aim point is only barely above the ridgeline.  That's not a 50/120 problem; any tank is going to have a hard time getting 50% hit/pen against that.

Yep little above, to hit in tracks and kill guy, also with some other tanks this is easy kill. Even FCM can do this on such short distance. Also with drum this is more frustrating, because after clip you have to reload and target is still alive. Still regardless of ridge, you can't snipe, and you don't have camo and armor to sustain brawl. 

On 3/30/2016 at 11:58 AM, Golem501 said:

Yup... 50 120 made me cry for platoons when I went through it. 

For me worst part is no armor. It can't bounce literally shit. Today most of games, i end up with more DMG than T10s with above 3K, but it can't take beating from lower tanks. For example LTTB rape me between reloads, and team doesn't give a fuck. 

EDIT:

This is how is done. 2 mates and platoon carry... :doge: too bad i didnt pen T30 with last shot :feelsbad:

xIWOnWR.jpg

EDIT2:

Can't solo carry, especially in T10 and that's main disadvantage for me. There is no time to clip them all :( or sustain dmg while reload. I mean every idiot now plays T9 and T10. :nmad:

iyCdxen.jpg

EDIT3:

Researched: AMX 50 B researched. Undistributed experience spent: 202481. Free Experience spent: 9.619. 

Sold: 'AMX 50 120' successfully sold. Received credits:  1.936.125. Spent gold:  30. 

:rngfu:

So, looking into this tank, it honestly looks like VStab, GLD and Optics are the way to go. Since the VR is pretty good already, you don't gain enough out of vents, and this is a great sniper, I see no reason not to put optics on it. Any other opinions? I haven't bought it yet (crew 4% away from being retrained to BiA).

On 4/24/2016 at 6:19 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

So, looking into this tank, it honestly looks like VStab, GLD and Optics are the way to go. Since the VR is pretty good already, you don't gain enough out of vents, and this is a great sniper, I see no reason not to put optics on it. Any other opinions? I haven't bought it yet (crew 4% away from being retrained to BiA).

I would honestly run Vents. The 50 120 isn't suppose to be spotting its enemy leave that stuff for medium tanks.

Food + BIA + Vents to help with everything on the tank

(The T 69 would be the only non-light tank auto-loader to run optics because its small + 400meter view range and it can be bottom tier in randoms which won't make you completely useless)

Have found the 120 OK so far, only engine left to unlock, does it make a big difference? I don't find it too slugish at all, but if it makes a big difference I will get...

I was really dreading this tank after watching reviews and game play videos on it. I am almost done with it and am pleasantly surprised to be doing alright with it.(well, better than I thought it would be) and am having fun with it. I don't think I will keep it as a go to T9, but it is an incredible support tank. 

My only real gripes with it is the gun elevation. I learned how to counter poor gun dep by positioning to use elevation and hull angling on a slope, but the terrible elevation range makes hills a nightmare. 

On a brawl this thing trades 400 team hp for 2k+(Your shots + the heavy you are supporting) by supporting a Tougher heavy by tracking  when an enemy pokes and clipping is very effective. 

The gun handling is not great but the accuracy when aimed hasn't let me down that often.

it has a similar liability as the lorr..... Arty will absolutely focus you if spotted because big fat juicy lightly armored French tank. 

Lookig forward to the 50b and even better since it is on track for a discount. Giggidy.