Valachio

AMX 50 120

I must be the luckiest shit out there in this tank.

45WR in it and ironically I am #8 on the hall of fame. Or was... point is ... I can't win no matter what I do and it frustrates the shit out of me. I want to get to the 50B but I can't master this damn tank. I can't win.

So, just completed the grind through the 50-120 as 2019 closes out. What do I think? I hate it, and think it is a steaming pile of trash.

220 games, 51.82% win rate, 1,741 average damage, 442 average assist. Pretty much my worst performing tier 9 tank.

It seems to take all of the worst aspects of the 50-100 the tier before an amplify them. The gun, if it works, is obviously nice with good pen and a meaty 1,200 clip potential. The problem is the gun handling on this thing is atrocious, bloom is massive, it aims slow, accuracy is poor at long ranges and the 3.33 intra-clip is so disgusting that it's hard to even trade 2-1 when certain tanks poke into you. Plus no gun elevation, and while it has 9 degrees of gun depression, it often feels like less because you expose a lot of the turret to poke ridges given how tall the tank is.

Additionally, it's huge with zero armour and with low HP, meaning if you get spotted you'll die. As an auto-loader with a long clip reload you can't operate independently either. The bad gun means you need to second-line, but it's so hard to hide because of the size.

Mobility is decent for a heavy, but it's not even that fast (barely keeps up with things like T-10s and WZs). Basically no redeeming features. Sure, occasionally when you find yourself avoiding attention and get to unload the clip into unsuspecting enemies you can rack up the damage quickly, but unless you're very consistent, the garbage games will outnumber the nice ones. Cannot wait to sell it. I hope the 50B is at least less frustrating!

I've not played my 50B for a while (so idk how it does in this meta), but it's a lot more comfortable. Obviously you keep the squishy profile, but it's quicker to accelerate, has much better gun handling, better inter-clip and overall clip reload, better gun depression/elevation... 50B was my first tier X and I still remember how much of an upgrade it felt like.