Intumesce

STB-1 Thread

meh, I'll probably go up that line after I finish the 57, and 4202, and work on it at the same time as the Leo line, I have a Chi-Nu-Kai crew for it though. Not sure about that accuracy, the 105 on the 7/1 is pretty iffy sometimes.

I sincerely think this tank needs a buff (just like the m48), its just no match for the 62a/140/eopard amongst other mediums especially because of its poor aim time/precision, i mean, shooting in the move/snap shooting  is one of the major thing for mediums and you just cant do that with the Stb-1.

Vstab/Optics/rammer?

Or just give up the notion that any FC would EVER deploy this as a scout and go:

Vstab/GLD/Rammer

I just can't see myself taking  the Nip over an E5 if it can't scout. The E5 can hull down like a champ and is quite mobile.

Vstab/Optics/rammer?

Or just give up the notion that any FC would EVER deploy this as a scout and go:

Vstab/GLD/Rammer

I just can't see myself taking  the Nip over an E5 if it can't scout. The E5 can hull down like a champ and is quite mobile.

You need a GLD to deal with the horrible aim time.

If you're gonna use it in CW, you have Batchats for scouting. 410m view range and decent camo means it won't have a too hard time spotting similar medium tanks either.

E5 doesn't have as much camo as the STB and isn't as mobile, its gun is worse other than a slight accuracy boost, though the aim time can be a deal breaker.

E5 also doesn't have as much gun depression as the STB, not as much view range, and the STB doesn't have a tumor doesn't have huge tumor on top of its turret.

CW-wise, I believe the STB is supposed to be a wolfpack medium, not a scout/hull downer. It can go hull down partially and it can scout, but not either of them reliably. Though it works excellently as a replacement for soviet meds.

Not if I'm the FC. If you bring a medium, you better be ready to be used as a scout... and you damn well better have optics.

The "scout" batchats might die. They might be in the wrong place. ect, ect, ect.

If you are replacing the t-62A/Obj140, you need optics.

So really you are advocating for GLD/Optics/Rammer and a crapton of gun skillz.

Not if I'm the FC. If you bring a medium, you better be ready to be used as a scout... and you damn well better have optics.

The "scout" batchats might die. They might be in the wrong place. ect, ect, ect.

If you are replacing the t-62A/Obj140, you need optics.

So really you are advocating for GLD/Optics/Rammer and a crapton of gun skillz.

Following Sela's example, I've swapped out my optics to vents and run food 100% of the time. Vents+BIA+Food gives capped view range I believe, you lose some on camo-penetration but it's the best middle-ground I think for the STB, considering it's horrendous gun handling. It gives you the benefit of being able to spot at view range cap without a huge hit to gun handling that would impact your performance in the actual shooting part of the fight.

Following Sela's example, I've swapped out my optics to vents and run food 100% of the time. Vents+BIA+Food gives capped view range I believe, you lose some on camo-penetration but it's the best middle-ground I think for the STB, considering it's horrendous gun handling. It gives you the benefit of being able to spot at view range cap without a huge hit to gun handling that would impact your performance in the actual shooting part of the fight.

Now this train of thought I could get behind.

Vents over GLD to offset the lack of optics. Once you have 2+ skills (BiA + Snap Shot + Off road) is when the tank really starts to shine. Having 390 alpha vs 320 makes a big difference in a medium wolfpack, especially in CW. Add the gun depression and it works amazingly well.

Running Vstab/Rammer/Vents as well. All premium consumables, brothers in arms, and situational awareness gives you a view range of roughly 463.

Accuracy: 0.317

Aim Time: 2.02

92OfQvW.jpg

P9S6A1x.jpg

It is my highest xp t10 at roughly 1160 xp/game. The biggest challenges for me were A) grinding out 6th and BiA and B) getting used to the atrocious gun handling.

I still seem to leave the beautiful hills around me blown to shit, i love shooting dirt.

I was hoping to hear some unica consult on this tank. It looked good coming out of the test server, but I was hesitant with the hard stats. How much more difficult would it be to run this tank without a good crew? (No Jap crew, and I'd probably free exp up to about the tier 7 or tier 8...)

I still seem to leave the beautiful hills around me blown to shit, i love shooting dirt.

The derpy gun sure does love blowing the everliving shit out of the various hills and buildings that I sit next to. I can only surmise it has a deep-set hatred of inanimate nondestructible objects as this is the only logical explanation.

On a more serious note, what are your thoughts on the tank? I am really enjoying it, to be honest.

The derpy gun sure does love blowing the everliving shit out of the various hills and buildings that I sit next to. I can only surmise it has a deep-set hatred of inanimate nondestructible objects as this is the only logical explanation.

On a more serious note, what are your thoughts on the tank? I am really enjoying it, to be honest.

For me it really is a love/hate, most of the time i really do enjoy playing it and It is significantly better now that i have 3 full crew skills. 

Biggest Complaints

1. Worst L7 WORLD

2. Premium Food > Second Repair Kit (4th consumable spot please)

3. Clickers

To be fair, clickers is a complaint for every tank.

The one major con is the gun handling which I think is easily mitigated by:

-getting closer than ~350m

-factoring in that extra patience needed for the aim time when making shots.

-improve the stats as much as possible with equipment/skills/food.

Optics are nice in general, but vents are a very valid choice on this tank.