JenkaTamar

WorstPlayer_NA's potty mouth or Why would you be less than civil in chat?

Ill tell you what.

I have played, so far, One game with Worstplayer on my team, that I can remember. it was Malinovka, Encounter, tier 10 game, east spawn. I was in my T-44, he was in his T110E5. the game started, he camped at spawn. the entire game. leaving me, in my T-44, and a batchat, alone on hill. where worsts E5 and its gun depression would of been useful. the rest of the team went to cap or camped at spawn. when I asked worst why he camped at spawn in a top tier Heavy, he said "vision control dude" except he wasn't spotting or shooting anything...

he did 875 damage that game. almost all of it when 5 enemy tanks rushed off the hill and overran him.

If you remember specific examples odds are there arent that many of them.

Ill tell you what.

I have played, so far, One game with Worstplayer on my team, that I can remember. it was Malinovka, Encounter, tier 10 game, east spawn. I was in my T-44, he was in his T110E5. the game started, he camped at spawn. the entire game. leaving me, in my T-44, and a batchat, alone on hill. where worsts E5 and its gun depression would of been useful. the rest of the team went to cap or camped at spawn. when I asked worst why he camped at spawn in a top tier Heavy, he said "vision control dude" except he wasn't spotting or shooting anything...

he did 875 damage that game. almost all of it when 5 enemy tanks rushed off the hill and overran him.

If you remember specific examples odds are there arent that many of them.

Not to mention, you brought a T-44 with a tier X, if thats not playing for fun I dont know what is.

I read asassain's post several times and I fail to find any mention of him platooning with a tier 10. 

There are a lot of reasons for good players to rage in chat - some or good or at least understandable, others aren't:

• The faint hope that an idiot teammate might understand the error he just committed (calm reasoning might be more effective, though)
  • Let the rage out and feel better rather than let it boil slowly inside you.
  • Raging/trolling can be fun (I hope you never met my US account in battle because all I do with it is drunk tanking and trolling).

Personally, I have never been chat banned - the mods must have missed me. Nevertheless there has been a curve in my raging behaviour:

stage 1: deep red newbie days (which extended for about 5k battles in my case o_o ): I didn't rage at all. I was polite used decent grammar in chat. I knew I wasn't good at this game and didn't have any arrogance allowing for rage.

stage 2: yellow player starting to have some clues about the game (my "recent battle" stats didn't stay long in this range since I improved pretty quickly). I had joined a clan, started learning and had gotten better. I was still badish at tier VIII but I was getting comfortable up to tier VII.

With increased skill came an increasing awareness of other players making mistakes and with this awareness came the first outbursts of rage. I started calling people names and cursing them.

stage 3: competent green player (my overall stats had reached green, my recent stats had arrived in the blue/low purple area). I was feeling comfortable up to tier VIII and was starting to acclimate at tier IX.

At this point, I had very specific triggers that could get me raging: extended streaks of teams so bad that they were uncarryable for me, players doing dumb stuff that directly effected me:

• tanks with worse camo camping directly next to me
  • tanks moving right in front of me completely unaware or not giving a shit that they blocked my line of fire
  • tanks blocking my retreat
  • my own arty hitting me while I was brawling
  • teamdamage in general, especially if it was for no reason
  • last but not least an extended series of tomato teams could get on my nerves

Depending on my mood these triggers could sent me off raging hard. In extreme cases, I would even teamdamage and kill the offenders (sometimes months would go by without me doing any team damage, at other times I would literally put one down every other day - never got banned, though).

stage 4: acquiring some fatalism (my overall stats are still green (and thanks to my high battlecount and WN8, they will remain so for quite some time) but I have had purple recent stats for 8-9 months now). I have joined a mid level clan wars outfit, learnt some new tricks and was forced to play positions I wouldn't have chosen in pub battles. Just as important, I shifted my playing style to be more forward and aggressive. My first forray into purple territory had been on the back of autoloaders and mid level TDs, now I was learning to perform on that level in mediums while steadily increasing my average tier. I still don't like tier X very much but I know I can hold my own. Anything below tier X has become comfortable. On the other hand I have aquired a dislike for tier I-V.

In chat I rage less than before. The triggers have stayed roughly the same. Bad teams don't make me rage any longer, though. In that regard I have aquired a certain degree of fatalism: "Ok, this bunch is bad, let's do as much damage as possible." Then I run a mental protocol:

1. Do I have a tank that can upside the tide on this specific map? For example a medium or scout may just be able to create enough shots for my baddies to squeeze out an unlikely win.
  2. If I feel that the map or my tank doesn't allow me to change the outcome of a battle, I will go into "damage control mode" and take a position that allows me to deal the maximum damage possible while the team falters around me.

As for the other triggers. My reactions have changed. I only rage in chat in extreme cases. You don't want to hear me cursing on TS, though. :$  Moreover, my reaction depends on what kind of player is playing stupid. Red and orange players get cursed in TS, but rarely in chat (pointless anyway). Good players doing dumb stuff have become the primary target of my rage. However I usually asked them politely to change their behaviour first, non-compliance will trigger an escalation towards curses and rage. I expect them to know better.

P.s.:  This thread is kind of hypocritical:

1. The Op claims, he doesn't want to shame WorstPlayer_NA but that is exactly what he does and already the thread title makes that abundantly clear.
  2. I wonder whether the OP can honestly claim he has never raged himself?

I was perm banned from chat in closed beta for telling a dev he played like a lobotomized monkey.  I think I've caught at least 7 temp chat bans since release, one was a month long for convincing team members that our arty was team damaging other players (he wasn't) and getting him teamkilled for it.  I was also chatbanned for a chat competition I had with a platoon mate to see who could get the furthest typing the bible into chat.  The bible one really pissed people off for some reaason.

Strangely enough, I've never been chatbanned for raging at pubbies and I've said some dirty, perverted and sometimes borderline racist shit to reds.

Either way, they hand out chat bans like candy and they rarely affect gameplay or have any real meaning.

Yeah I've acquired more than a few.   

I wish I could still troll RU players on test without risking a permaban, though.

"Go home yankee, suck you!"

"What's that?  Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how hard you guys lost the cold war"    =D

P.s.:  This thread is kind of hypocritical:
  1. The Op claims, he doesn't want to shame WorstPlayer_NA but that is exactly what he does and already the thread title makes that abundantly clear.
  2. I wonder whether the OP can honestly claim he has never raged himself?

Thank you for your lovely and detailed post.  I appreciate the effort you made. 

Regarding No1 There is a difference between calling some one out and holding them up as an example.  By his own admission WorstPlayer_NA has earned his chat bans "Honestly" by saying horrible things in chat. And he admitted this before I put my thread up, So he's being used as a teachable moment. :)

As for Number 2 I can honestly say that until quite recently in world of Tanks or in any game if I was getting angry I'd simply end my play session and go read a book or something.  I vary rarely had to do even that because I am of fairly even temper and due to some of my life experiences I learned to "Just suck it up and not get angry".   The only thing that has got me sputtering with rage in Teamspeak (not chat) was the aforementioned selection of games where some one actively threw away victory.  Through I am beginning to go through your Stage 2 feelings about folks which have caused some self imposed time outs. :)

Even though I have got mad I STILL haven’t used strong language.  Nor felt compelled to vent my anger in game by calling folks names. It's been mentioned that it's counterproductive and ineffective and, because it is counterproductive and ineffective I thought that Top players would have stopped doing it.  In other competitive environments that I play in the best players are all uniformly polite and enthusiastic about their Game or competition (While playing that is, between tourneys is when things can get catty).  It's the people playing at lower levels who do things like throw hats or curse or knock over tables (I've seen all three of these in RL competitions).  I would equate ragging in chat with making a scene at a RL Tourney.

I'll point out that none of this angry business actually applies to Worst based on when I've played with him, he gets chatbanned because he just enjoys being a racist prick and that's why he's fun.

He's fun because he's racist? Oookay.

I very rarely rage, ask my platoonmates about it.

rather I enjoy trolling chat, as it's much more fun that this shitty game.

Racism isn't funny... but making 40 year old white Midwesterners lose their shit is pretty funny.

Nerdwing and I used to type, "Obama is coming to take all your guns away you racists" before beginning a push. Funny how many camping losers were too busy typing to shoot us.

Racism isn't funny... but making 40 year old white Midwesterners lose their shit is pretty funny.

Nerdwing and I used to type, "Obama is coming to take all your guns away you racists" before beginning a push. Funny how many camping losers were too busy typing to shoot us.

Hey, not all 40something white midwesterners would be shaken by that! o.O

Hey, not all 40something white midwesterners would be shaken by that! o.O

I am 40 year old white gun toting liberal. I generally find Wurst funny. Very teenagerish,but funny. I'd rather listen to him than a gune.

I am 40 year old white gun toting liberal. I generally find Wurst funny. Very teenagerish,but funny. I'd rather listen to him than a gune.

I'm a 47 year old non-gun toting RINO (a/k/a... moderate)... so hey, let's burst all the stereotypes!

I interupt the radical stereotyping to produce this semi-coherent thought.

Every place has a "culture", a set of ground rules if you will for "expected behavior".   Online, due to anonymity, and various other factors tends to have a very coarse/unrefined set of ground rules.  THe internet and gaming in general is a bit of a wild west with trolls, baiters, agers, etcs...

So we all (I'm not purple--we meaning "all people who play") generally try to fit in and play by the unwritten "rules" which are machismo and f-bombs _ raging is an accepted form of communication.

Many times I write from work--you can see I try and refrain from curse words.  You can tell when I post from home, curse words abound.

You should see me in-game.  Although my only chat ban was when i reported someone for pushing me out (yes i got a chat ban from a ticket I submitted), I regularly drop f-bombs, make very crude jokes, and generally rage.  Why?  These jerks would do the same to me.  I regularly make "your mom" jokes of the worst kind, of which someone "insults" me by saying I am 9.  I'd love to be 9 again, no wife, no kids, no mortgage, no job, no bills.  My usual response is "I'm 8 you **** ****** ****** ******"  Someone calls me gay, I will feed right into it and become a total flamer who wants nothing but big black men.  I point out useless people and tell them what i REALLY think of them, because I can't tell my coworkers that or I have to be gentle when my wife has torqued me off.  On the one hand its enteratining to watch people flip their gourd over comments in chat.  GUILTY.   I TK idiots.  You ruin my game, I ruin yours (Its like Mutually ASsured Destruction).  My Clan leader got all beefed at me once cause some idiot TK'd me after I blew his track off when he was being a jerk.  I told my clan leader what I thought of him and found another clan. 

On my tombstone it won't read

"WoT Civil Chat player"

"Member of XXXX Clan"

"Was a XXXX WN8 rating"

I'd have an "in my day we walked in snow...." but no one cares. 

These are the rules, i didn't make em, I just play by em.  and your mom

Now that I think about it, its rather funny that Ive never been chat banned.

Funniest one I remember lately:

1. "Arguing" with an ISU for 4 minutes, including, but not limited to "retard, idiot, etc." that ended with

-Nice stats

-Thanks

2. A russian playing a KV-4 and me in a ST-1. We lost, but before that we "argued" in broken russian for a bit and I thought he was the usual camping retard (No XVM), I bet he was thinking the same...

Him -  3400 Damage done / ~6 000 Potential (Overall Blue/Purple)

Me - ~7000 Damage / ~7 000 Potential

Good players are assholes.

Worst better be careful. If you make yourself noticed within WGA staff, they will focus you and perma-chatban you eventually.

3 day, 7 day, 2 weeks, month, perma!  Or sometimes even skip that order depending on the severity and occurrences. 

It's all fun and games until you can't chat, ping, f buttons, or anything again!!  Battle count and years with the game mean shit.

Believe me, it's true.  I was given the e-honoUr of silencing a few individuals that continuously shouted racial, 9/11, and other EULA violating obscenities.

They probably quit or started new accounts by now.

It's actually my goal to be perma chat banned.

I thought wurst was an ok guy.

Till i saw his forum avatar, and lost all respect for him.

It's actually my goal to be perma chat banned.

I can give pointers

I thought wurst was an ok guy.

Till i saw his forum avatar, and lost all respect for him.

I can give pointers

Please do, my kung fu is weak in this area--I know WOT dislike the term "retard" as my only ban was for using the term "noob tard".  However, I have yet to be dinged for outrageous terms like

"You fucking camping pussy retard heavies"

which over Xmas break have been a nightly occurance.

Usually i can get myself banned from a website nearly at-will.

Good players are assholes, but I've only ever seen greens and under be gigantic liars.

XOXjq29.jpg

Be honest, there is nothing special about being purple and the ability to only tell the truth.

Gun toting liberal is an oxymoron Marduk.

Only if you have a small mind.

I pheer the facists in my government.... the tea party pheers the nanny state. I also like to hunt. So there.

I sometimes have a heart to heart with pubbies, letting them know exactly what kind of rope to use for their noose... but don't tell ziddy. On the upside, somehow Ziddy gets chatbanned more often than I do (never)... apparently the pubbies think he's homophobic. That's right, the gay guy is a homophobe.