Anfield

Anfield Q&A Tanks/Mods/Stream/YouTube

Hey Anfield, thanks for the pack.  My clan has been basing our modpack on it since at least 8.5.  Quick question about 9.0...  I mess around on my arty a bit, and I noticed in arty view, I cannot zoom out far like I could with your 8.11 modpack.  It's very useful for anti-arty on certain maps.  I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with this, & is this something I can tweek on my own, or should I look into subbing another mod or something like that?  Thank you sir.

You have the Junkers' video where hardest looks up a "legit player's stats" and Junkers loses his shit? I need to hear dat laugh

Anfield,

can you write something about the E50 as I finally researched the top gun yesterday?

Crew, set up and maybe some vids of you playing it? Best would be both map types, open and city.

I've played 5 games yesterady in it. Only 1 with 3,5k dmg. 1 game 0 dmg invis sniped in 1 second by 2 704s, 1 game 1 shotted, 1 shit game patatoed and 1 game TK by my own arty for 859HP. The new gun seems to bring bad carma...

Hey Anfield, thanks for the pack.  My clan has been basing our modpack on it since at least 8.5.  Quick question about 9.0...  I mess around on my arty a bit, and I noticed in arty view, I cannot zoom out far like I could with your 8.11 modpack.  It's very useful for anti-arty on certain maps.  I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with this, & is this something I can tweek on my own, or should I look into subbing another mod or something like that?  Thank you sir.

I don't support arty sorry. I've had enough of it ruining my game.

You have the Junkers' video where hardest looks up a "legit player's stats" and Junkers loses his shit? I need to hear dat laugh

I don't have Junkers, only my reaction to watching Junkers react lol.

Anfield,

can you write something about the E50 as I finally researched the top gun yesterday?

Crew, set up and maybe some vids of you playing it? Best would be both map types, open and city.

I've played 5 games yesterady in it. Only 1 with 3,5k dmg. 1 game 0 dmg invis sniped in 1 second by 2 704s, 1 game 1 shotted, 1 shit game patatoed and 1 game TK by my own arty for 859HP. The new gun seems to bring bad carma...

I can if you want, I really love my E50M it's one my oldest tier 10s, I'd love to reset the stats and see what I could pull in it now. I haven't played an E50 since it was still top tier, however they are relatively similar in most aspects (the E50 has much better dpm relative to it's tier).

Here's my E50m, keep in mind these skills have been swapped around a lot to try things (6th sense is like 4th on here whereas I always get it first on new crews), so they aren't in the order I would normally train them.

9SVdYM7.jpg

I'll start with equipment.

For modules I have:

• Rammer (goes without saying on 98% of tanks that can use it)
  • Vents - Vents is slightly controversial here, I could use optics, which I put on some of my other mediums, but I feel like the E50M needs to have the extra support vents has to close the gap on it's stats relative to it's peers, I also put BIA on it for the same reason, but of course I have that liberty with such an old crew. I've started to train recon on the commander for some compensation.
  • Vert Stab - Bread and butter for E50M, keeps the reticle permanently smaller to help with snap shooting and firing on the move (and to ensure your yolo ram is supported by a well placed shot before impact)

As for consumables, the E50M is pretty good about not losing critical components (seriously go die leopard 1), so I don't think a premium repair kit will be needed unless you don't mind the investment, in which case it never hurts.

It is vulnerable to some crew loss with a weak turret, so you could carry premium med kit if you wanted to, but most people will auto aim hulls.

Auto Fire Ext because it's always better to have on over a manual with any tank you put them on.

You could replace the Auto or Med kit with Chocolate as well, repair kits are too important really in general but you could sacrifice one of the two with chocolate for the same reason as I have vents/BIA (sometimes I do this when I don't mind the financial investment).

As for crew skills they are a complicated matter and there are many ways in which to approach.

Again I have a highly trained crew, but if it were a new crew I would look at doing 6th sense on the commander with everyone else on repairs, then repairs commander with everyone else training a perk.

Gunner: deadeye or snapshot, the e50m is already pretty accurate i'd go deadeye first, you never know when critical module damage might save you.

Driver: there are a number of good ones, I have smooth ride on to compensate not having snapshot finished, but controlled impact is the ramming perk and ramming is what makes e50's, e50's. Even the others have huge benefits, if you swap auto ext for chocolate preventative maintenance is great ect.

As for camo and BIA, I would train camo to try it, when it gets to 100% then decide if you want to roll with it or retrain for 100% bia. E50M obviously doesn't have the same camp ratings as many of it's peers but it still helps.

I will try to upload a few replays of the E50M for you to take a look at, also pm Nas_ and ask for E50M replaces i'm sure he will oblige.

So, where in your stream are you platooned with Garbad and Ectar?! Really would like to see this!

At the beginningish somewhere why? It's not really that entertaining, it's a mix of me playing on tilt, Ectar telling Garbad off for insulting pubbies while in plt with WG employee and mutual arty hate support group.

Thank you Anfield,

it seems that my crew is on the right path, still not sure about vents/optics, will test it out.

Replays would be welcome;)

Thank you Anfield,

it seems that my crew is on the right path, still not sure about vents/optics, will test it out.

Replays would be welcome;)

http://www.twitch.tv/anfield_us/c/4268457

It's not exactly fantastic but you might get something from it.

Do you think you'll ever go back to the Leo since you found  new love in the STB-1? And if the Leo were to get a buff , what should it be? 

Leo is so bad. Needs a stronger turret, less vulnerable to module damage.

...how the hell did you survive the grind up until the Panther II on the E50M line??? Its keelin me, already just at tier 6 and its aggravating as hell

It was so long ago now I don't even remember, and different times, It may of helped as I was pretty bad back then and didn't realize I was playing poorly in my ignorant bliss.

HI Anfield,

I have the T57 and have gone vents/Vert/GLD in it. I am thinking of swapping the vents out for Optics. I am finding I seem to get lit early and want to stay back a touch. I have a tendency to get over excited want to charge in. Especially if I can't see what is going on. I have read people are doing this swap more and more. Do you recommend it?

Also what skills etc do you run in your T57?

HI Anfield,

I have the T57 and have gone vents/Vert/GLD in it. I am thinking of swapping the vents out for Optics. I am finding I seem to get lit early and want to stay back a touch. I have a tendency to get over excited want to charge in. Especially if I can't see what is going on. I have read people are doing this swap more and more. Do you recommend it?

Also what skills etc do you run in your T57?

This is my set up

Optics are useful but I'm not sure with such a slow tank (I generally find the faster you are the more needed it is although that's not an exact rule). I've always found Vents to do a good job for what I want. It's easier to overextend in quicker tanks I've found I try to keep my T57 nearby allies and never really front line.

As for the skills, they aren't in the original order they were trained in so take from that what you will

lZKTr8P.jpg

Thanks for that Anfield. I don't know how I keep finding myself on the front line with this thing. I seem to be able to get out in front of many of the other heavy tanks.

I see you are doing the camo thing. Which is a bit annoying because I originally had a crew that lived it's life in a hellcat and moved to the T57 but then swapped it out because I decided camo wasn't any value in such a big and obvious target. Is camo an experiment or do you know that camo is a good thing and something that should be had as quickly as possible? If so I might have to swap the hellcat crew back in.

Just watched your newest E50M video. One thing Im noticing with your play and others, with a 1 v 1 situation very often you're backing up into the more favorable position instead of moving forward into what *might* be a good forward position. Often within my own gameplay, I try to advance the situation instead of simply seeking the best position for my tank. So, even with like 100 health you were able to take out two tanks at the end of your battle while still being aggressive. 

I have much to absorb and emulate

Thanks for that Anfield. I don't know how I keep finding myself on the front line with this thing. I seem to be able to get out in front of many of the other heavy tanks.

I see you are doing the camo thing. Which is a bit annoying because I originally had a crew that lived it's life in a hellcat and moved to the T57 but then swapped it out because I decided camo wasn't any value in such a big and obvious target. Is camo an experiment or do you know that camo is a good thing and something that should be had as quickly as possible? If so I might have to swap the hellcat crew back in.

Camo is an experiment, the tank is basically never set on fire so I thought i'd give it a ago.

Idk if these will help

One of the key things with autoloaders is knowning when to reload the drum, and too many people get in the mindset of MUST EMPTY THE CLIP ignoring obvious threats, even if you got 1-2 shots off on an opponent if there is some high alpha shit about to get a shot on you don't go for 3 or 4 just pull back and reload (unless you need the final 2 as you back up to track your opponent)

Just watched your newest E50M video. One thing Im noticing with your play and others, with a 1 v 1 situation very often you're backing up into the more favorable position instead of moving forward into what *might* be a good forward position. Often within my own gameplay, I try to advance the situation instead of simply seeking the best position for my tank. So, even with like 100 health you were able to take out two tanks at the end of your battle while still being aggressive. 

It's always important to leave yourself with as much room to fall back on as possible, you can retreat and be aggressive, even if you might die you might buy yourself 1 more shot and your team a better chance at winning. When I backed off the ramp from the T44 and T95, I knew I could beat the t44 which has no depression, and I backed off further to deal with the T95 who I knew I could force to commit over, after that dealing with such a slow moving TD with a well armored med was never really a huge problem.

Thanks for all the advice Anfield it has been enlightening!

The videos are great. I think my main problem is getting to excited and trying to rush in. I noticed that with the T57 you seem to keep moving but at a steady rhythm/flow. I am a lot more start and stop than you, stopped or moving too quickly. You also seem to fake out people who haven't counted your shots, while you are reloading. Which I am going to try more of. 

Anyway thanks for the advice.

Here are a few replays:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ah76z73s5z748n/E50M_Replays_1.rar

Didn't see it thus far - thoughts on the waffle?

I still don't have an E100, which is better for pubbing: that or the waffle?