Shackram

Lorraine 40t Appreciation Thread

I bought on the day it came out.

Its a fairly good tank and well worth the money.

Its pretty speedy, not batchat speedy but about as fast as accelerating as the AMX CDC with higher top speed. 

Dispersion is much better than the AMX 50 100 of the same tier and the good depression and elevation makes it much better to handle, especially when going on elevated terrain. 

The 4 shots takes a bit of getting used to, but I can reduce the reload down to 33 seconds with BiA and Vents which feels much shorter than the eternity of 47 seconds that 6 shot mag came with and the 2.5 sec intershot time is a noticeable improvement. 

Its important to aim your shots carefully as you only have four shots, but moving with the team helps deal with situations where you need to reload. 

Ammo costs are bit on the expensive side but its easy to get atleast 2k damage per game and getting 3k and above is not all that uncommon. 

If you like autoloaders then this is the premium tank for you. 

I bought it as well. I can definitely see where the weaknesses are in the tank, but overall this tank may have well improved my game experience tenfold. I have plenty and have had plenty of premium tanks, this is the one that I am clearly most comfortable in (I have a batchat... and even though I can't really clip out a lot of tanks 100-0, you can still bring that "Janitor" play to it), as well as the most fun for me personally. If you have a tier 10 batchat, like it, and play it well, this is not only a great crew trainer (since it matches perfectly), but also allows you to, again, play in that kind of cleanup and support roll, trading 2+ shots per 1 and allowing you to cross the map and switch flanks multiple times, particularly while you're reloading, to mess with the enemies number count on each flank or lend support where needed.

TL;DR Fits well with me because I tend to focus better if, when like in my batchat, I have to do something else whilst reloading, and that thing usually is taking the moments to pay attention to the battle flow better. Also doesn't hurt to have a 3 skill+ batchat crew

Still thoughtfull about it. Do i buy it? I dont care about crew training, only credit making. Getting good dmg averages are easier on autoloaders for me.

More opinions please.

Still can't believe I gave the Serb 60 Oz dollars for a few pixels. But moving on...

Nice tank. Recently ground out the Skoda T50 and assumed this tank would play out somewhat like a gimped version of it, which means awesome for a tier 8. It does.

Don't own any other shop tanks, so cant really compare its credit making potential. But good base round pen means credits are earned, not sometimes burned like they are in my T25 Pilot. In fact, I'm yet to fire a premium round.

10 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Still thoughtfull about it. Do i buy it? I dont care about crew training, only credit making. Getting good dmg averages are easier on autoloaders for me.

More opinions please.

Watch streamers... A

Although orzanel isn't shitter so you can't easy compare performance, but you get idea of strengths and weaknesses. Same goes for Foch.

Oraznel,

Thanks for uploading the youtube video on the AMX 40t. I quite enjoyed it. I have been playing a few games in it, trying to figure it out. You know... the pace of battle, conserving your HP, doing damages, the mid game, and the end game (clean up).

You're right, it is big, and the pen is great, and it's fast... usually the combination that doesn't suit me all that well (*stares at 50b). I will be watching this video over and over again to get a better feel on the "pace" of battle and how to play these big armorless autoloaders.

Again, thnx bro, look forward to watching your stream too =)

- Matross

Good tank- in the right hands, (not really mine)

Makes good credits, it;s fast enough to easily mover around, but it has no camo- I have a full camo crew, paint, vents, BIA and I still get spotted easily.

Gun works well enough- although (as has been mentioned) you really have to watch your clip. In a 50 100 I know I can clip out pretty much anything I'm going to run into, this one you can clip someone out if they have fewer than 1200, works well endgame, no so much at the start. 

Gun's accuracy is... shit. I have no idea how this has a .36 accuracy value and an IS6 has .44, , because (so far anyway) with a GLD, Vents, BIA the gun misses. It misses a lot at range. Maybe I'm just lucky with the IS6, but if I let the circle close on a non moving target, I expect to hit it at 300M, this one, not so much.

all that said, I think this is a great tank if you have the right playstyle/skills. Its very mobile, seems to turn well, and has great pen for a T8 medium. It also has no camo, no armor, and the gun seems (to me) to be of questionable .36 accuracy.

If you decide to pick it up my one piece of (non unicum) advice is - watch what you're trying to circle. Since I picked it up I've managed to kill a number of them by just watching red team players, so many of them see an isolated heavy, drive out, fore 3-4 shots into it, and then kinda freeze when they realize it's not dead and they have a 30 second reload,

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

The trick to accuracy in this tank seems to be waiting until fully aimed in.  Even a bit before fully aimed and there's no telling where the shot will go.  

Isn't this with all tanks with high dispersion????

Only low bloom tanks can take chances, they really jacked up dispersion.

5 hours ago, Griphos said:

The trick to accuracy in this tank seems to be waiting until fully aimed in.  Even a bit before fully aimed and there's no telling where the shot will go.  

Doesn't seem to matter ( although this is only after 15 games or so) I put a GLD on it, let it aim in all the way and shots at anything over 150m still seem to fly wide more often than I think they should

Still a small sample of games though, might just be bad luck.

Well, I don't have any direct experience, so I'm not quibbling with your results. I've watched two dozen or so replays trying to decide whether to buy it, and most people seem to be able to connect at least three shots out of each clip, and usually all four. I have noticed what I described above markedly. Even the least bloom throws shots all over the place. 

I'm still on the fence, but tipping toward it. Carry potential seems strong. 

Could just be me with poor RNG.

It is a fun tank- I've already had a 5 or 6K game (mastery) and three or four 4K games, 

I do think the gun is derpy for aiming at long range, but get close enough, after tanks have started suffering some damage, and you can wreck stuff with it.

After 90'ish games (From like 50%), lot of throws (Went between 89-93% like 3 times), few Jp100 shells catched, some finnish curse words and 12m credits (net profit), I managed to 3 mark this beauty:

V5ZCEad.jpg

PXM7XjU.jpg

Such a nice tank to play and doesn't even need much gold/coffee (I did go full tryhard with apcr and coffee for the last % though). Initially going slightly down in marks with a 3k combined game @ 89% made this feel quite brutal but in the end it was quite pleasant grind.

Can recommend this tank if it ever comes on sale.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

What other T8 prems you have? 

About 10'ish (?). Lorraine, Defender, Patriot, T34, SP, FCM, M41 GF, T25 Pilot, STA-2, Skorpion, Revalorise, M46 KR, Is5. Not sure if I forgot some

8 hours ago, Swoopie said:

About 10'ish (?). Lorraine, Defender, Patriot, T34, SP, FCM, M41 GF, T25 Pilot, STA-2, Skorpion, Revalorise, M46 KR, Is5. Not sure if I forgot some

And you stack them in what order?

I have Defender and Skorp G from new "OP" premiums.

Skorp G is nice, but camo and durability are frustrating.

Defender is a piece of shit, because of penetrable armor and hideous gun. 

18 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

And you stack them in what order?

I have Defender and Skorp G from new "OP" premiums.

Skorp G is nice, but camo and durability are frustrating.

Defender is a piece of shit, because of penetrable armor and hideous gun. 

I dont have a particular order but I'm gonna list them in "tiers". Higher tier means higher chance of me taking it out for a spin/using it during credit boosters.

Tier 1: T34, FCM, SP, T25 Pilot, M46 KR, Is5

Tier 2: STA-2, Revalorise, M41 GF, Defender (Only reason for this is that I play it enough in team battles when I do play it so I dont really want to bring it out in randoms too much. Also it's kinda boring to play).

Tier 3: Lorraine, Patriot, Skorpion

I've been looking to get this tank sometime, but at the same time I'm looking at the revalorisé as well. Is it worth to wait for a lorr 40t sale, and is it worth the slighly higher price? It does seem more fun due to the autoloader and the speed, but at the same time almost everyone ranks the revalorisé higher from what I saw. Help me decide between the two, crew training doesn't matter much (so I don't mind losing a crew memeber for the 30b), only credits, and how fun the tank is, also probably the carry potential as well. Also nah, I'm not going to get both, I feel gulilty for buying even a single premium.

1 hour ago, GamerDaPro said:

I've been looking to get this tank sometime, but at the same time I'm looking at the revalorisé as well. Is it worth to wait for a lorr 40t sale, and is it worth the slighly higher price? It does seem more fun due to the autoloader and the speed, but at the same time almost everyone ranks the revalorisé higher from what I saw. Help me decide between the two, crew training doesn't matter much (so I don't mind losing a crew memeber for the 30b), only credits, and how fun the tank is, also probably the carry potential as well. Also nah, I'm not going to get both, I feel gulilty for buying even a single premium.

How can you say people rate rev higher when the comment above yours claims Lorri is god tier. It's a much better tank. Speed + autoloader + 30 more pen. All what m4 rev is one shot alpha, shell speed and 2deg of gun dep

To be fair, the post above him is a bit old. In my opinion, Lor. is much much better because 20kph faster top speed, 32mm more pen on standard, and a better premium round (263mm APCR vs 250mm HEAT).

The M4 has a very good gun concerning alpha, shell velocity, handling, and dpm for a 122mm, but comes at the cost of being slow, big, and paper. 200mm apcr pen used to be good when the tank came out, but now is quite bad. You can't reliably pen an IS-3 from the front, let alone a Defender or VK 100.01.P, and tier 8's see tier 10 more often now in my experience. 

The Lor. is my favorite premium. Tier 10 matches aren't a problem when you have an autoloader with good pen and good speed. 1200 clip potential with a decent reload gives you a lot of options in any tier you play, and it plays an excellent support role when bottom tier. As said before, this tank is one of the best along with Skorp G and Lowe for whatever matchmaking you get. 

Yeah, I ended up buying the revalorisé because it's cheaper and the lorr isn't available atm. I loved the t-34-3, and the revalorisé feels so shit compared to it. Well, at least I'm up for a challenge.