Sign in to follow this  
NThirtyTwo

T110E5's Commander Hatch

Question

Hello,

This might sound like a noobish question, but I've been wondering for some time and I figure someone here might know.

Playing my T110E5, I of course noticed that the commander hatch is a rather huge weak spot. Anything and everything shoots at it and usually, anything at tier 6 or above can penetrate it without too much hassle.

I also noticed that the hatch was situated on the left side of my turret, thus, in a desperate effort to hide the damned thing, I have tried a few times to exit cover (to shoot at enemies) on the right side: just barely enough for me to have a shot. In my noobishness, I figured this monstrosity would remain behind cover as I peeked out! But frankly, I can't say if I'm doing it wrong, or if it simply can't work.

The few times it "worked", I can't say if people just couldn't aim or if it actually worked...

Anyhow, my first question would be, is it possible to hide the E5's hatch by exiting cover from the right side, or is it just not a viable option?

On the same note, are there "known" spots on some maps where this hatch can be in cover, i.e. a hole in a wall high enough for me to shoot, but low enough to cover the hatch? I can't seem to find any..

Thank you for your time,

4 answers to this question

It can help, but not a lot since its near impossible to get your gun out without exposing some part.  But any effort you can put in to making your weak points harder to hit pays off, even if its not perfect.

Hatch is pretty darn tough relative to most other hatches- in fact I get trolled trying to pen that thing regularly when I am not paying attention and just thinking "hey, just take the hatch shot". Still weaker than E3 turret, but if you're on the business side of an E3 you're doing it wrong.

Tt's really only the base of it that is vulnerable. So in the brawl it shouldn't be getting his much. 

Base of hatch is weaker than top part. It feels very troll when you shoot it and it doesnt bounce anything when you play e5.

Either way, locking this as simple check with tank viewer answer questions about armor and common sense dictates that its harder to hit if you leave cover exposing right side of turret.