Rexxie

[9.14.2] Rexxie's Mods (Discontinued)

On 03/04/2016 at 11:40 AM, Rexxie said:

Thanks; haven't played WoT in a few weeks now, so I'll go take a look.

I hit the service button on the German Bulldog and the UI went broken too.

8 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

I hit the service button on the German Bulldog and the UI went broken too.

That happened to me for all the vehicles; the whole modpack needs updating badly. I have a version I want to push (just need to package the optionals & zip it up), but it's a bit difficult because my computer is currently having a stroke.

Modpack Updated

Changes:

- All mods updated to WoT 9.14.1

-XVM Config Updated
*Updated hangar, statisticform, minimaplabelstemplates, login, camera, xvm, carousel, elements, and battle.xc files to be up-to-date with the XVM standard config.

-Temporarily removed Johny's Vertical Tech Tree.

-Fully re-enabled YasenKrasen.

I also put all the XVM config addons (Colorblind, spotted status, etc) into the main download, there's now a new subfolder just for them. Not sure why I didn't before. Let me know if you have any problems with the modpack - I know there's still the rare missing string and some funkiness if you use the tips loading screen.

I'm not entirely sure where I want to go with the pack. Each version is bringing more and more functionality to the vanilla game - 9.15 alone made J1mbo's and a large chunk of pmod unnecessary. The last few years have seen the modpack becoming more and more just a damage panel & XVM config instead of a large collection of must-haves. At this point I don't even run XVM.

I had a lot of fun making this pack and I'll still try and keep things updated for at least a few more versions, but once most of XVM's QoL features are in vanilla I might end up dropping it and letting people do what they want with the xvm/damage panel/damage log configs.

On 30/05/2016 at 7:28 AM, Rexxie said:

I'm not entirely sure where I want to go with the pack. Each version is bringing more and more functionality to the vanilla game - 9.15 alone made J1mbo's and a large chunk of pmod unnecessary. The last few years have seen the modpack becoming more and more just a damage panel & XVM config instead of a large collection of must-haves. At this point I don't even run XVM.

I had a lot of fun making this pack and I'll still try and keep things updated for at least a few more versions, but once most of XVM's QoL features are in vanilla I might end up dropping it and letting people do what they want with the xvm/damage panel/damage log configs.

Old servercross ? Had J1mbo's reticle and damage panel nearly for aesthetic reason. Pmod has a zoom indicator. Those are still quite useful.

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Old servercross ? Had J1mbo's reticle and damage panel nearly for aesthetic reason. Pmod has a zoom indicator. Those are still quite useful.

Vanilla client has a zoom indicator now...

5 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

There's still some useful stuff, but like I said, everything is started to get phased out. J1mbo's reticle is basically in vanilla now - it's not an exact copy, but the new solid reticle setting is very nearly the same. Zoom indicator is in vanilla. I expect servercross will soon make it into vanilla too. The damage panel is very nice, but you don't need a mod pack for a damage panel.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

There's still some useful stuff, but like I said, everything is started to get phased out. J1mbo's reticle is basically in vanilla now - it's not an exact copy, but the new solid reticle setting is very nearly the same. Zoom indicator is in vanilla. I expect servercross will soon make it into vanilla too. The damage panel is very nice, but you don't need a mod pack for a damage panel.

I never understood why they took servercross out in the first place.

I would literally paid someone 5 bucks if they update rexxie's XVM config to the new XVM, (i know the carousel doensn't work but i mean the rest of the config). I lready offred Rexxie himslef but i'm an impatient man and he said he's busy. (if you want the money send a scrennshot with the mod working and i'll send you the money through paypal).

Im working on it. I'd say there's about three-five hours of work left; I need to finish up the hit panel and then figure out what needs to be done to get the players panel + loading panel in order. I'm having some trouble finding replacements for (seemingly) gutted functionality, so we'll see what I can do.

34 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Im working on it. I'd say there's about three-five hours of work left; I need to finish up the hit panel and then figure out what needs to be done to get the players panel + loading panel in order. I'm having some trouble finding replacements for (seemingly) gutted functionality, so we'll see what I can do.

Most people don't appreciate the work that goes into this kind of thing...

XVM has changed a lot over the last few versions and even more so for this version. I can't believe they released a 'stable' version that isn't completed just to shut up those complaining.

57 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

Most people don't appreciate the work that goes into this kind of thing...

XVM has changed a lot over the last few versions and even more so for this version. I can't believe they released a 'stable' version that isn't completed just to shut up those complaining.

I admit that I've been a wee bit lazy with my config over the past few versions, I've taken the "if it ain't broke" approach instead of diffing each of my config files with the new default with each new release.

I've taken the opportunity to redo everything from scratch this time around.

This is an XVM CONFIG ONLY download, for anyone who wants a (mostly) working version of my config.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lhh8cuwnzvn7xh/XVM Config.zip?dl=0

The rest of the modpack will have to wait for now. I'd love to release it, but between features integrated with vanilla and a few mods still not having been updated, there's very little I can actually use.

I mostly updated the config piecemeal by playing and fixing issues as they arrived, so there may still be some problems. Let me know if you find anything so it can be fixed!

4 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

I'll ask one more thing, where do you set the shadow for the team lists. While in battle. No te color of the players themsleves but of the shadow behind them.

If you mean the darkness of the panel (and not text shadow), open up PlayersPanel.xc and scroll down to the "playersPanel": { settings. There's an "alpha" option there, increase it to 80 or so and it'll darken up the team list. I agree that it's too light & makes the text hard to see in bright areas.

Status update: XVM has some improvements; the garage carousel is back & @Nkrlz's above problem was fixed. Turns out wargaming removed the text shadow from vanilla & XVM just now re-implemented it. I also spent a rather frightening amount of time working on the hitlog; the new version is a bit cleaner and no longer scrolls off the screen if you hit too many times. On the other hand, the current nightly seems rather crash-prone, so I'm holding off a bit before suggesting people use it to get these fixes.