Garbad

So you want to be a Gorilla...

Why do you want to be a Gorilla  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you want to be a Gorilla

• Being a member of an elite team, to stand acknoweldged among the best, the competition and friendship; gudfites.
    • The gold.

(note from sr360: Most of this post no longer is accurate, but I'll update the link to current recruiter)

I was recently asked to be a "talent evaluator/recruiter" for G again.  G has about ~95 members at any given time, but that leaves 5 or so slots that are up for grabs here and there.  As you can imagine, competition is fierce.  But the door is open, and here's what we are looking for.

http://www.noobmeter.com/clan/na/-G-

- At a minimum blurple stats -- blue overall, purple monthly.  Otherwise we need to see exceptional improvement.

- Very good performance in tier 8/10 tanks is expected, including high win rates

- Rerolls are virtually never accepted.

- Multiple properly fit t10 tanks available (its best if you have several of whatever type you do best, ie, multiple heavies)

Remember we are talking about a clan where the average player is a dark purple -- that's the minimum level we expect.  We don't give a flying shit if you padded a 2.8k WN8 on your reroll account playing T49s, we care about if you are overall competent regardless of conditions.  In general, a player should have at least 65% win rate, 1k exp/game, and 2.7k-3.5k dpg in tier 10 tanks, depending on which it is.  Basically, you need to be the kind of player I would want to platoon with, not the kind of guy I would have to drag as you cocked it up and tried to pad stats game after game (incidentally, if I have platooned with you more than once chances are I think you are good enough for a look at least).

But once you make the first cut, no one will give a shit about your stats again.  We know you are a good player; you don't have to prove that by trying to keep up with the damage whores' absurdities.  Gs are not ranked by Wn8; we have an internal system based on team play and team results.  Your individual results and pub scores are irrelevant.  Instead, we are looking for players who:

- Play well in organized, competitive play.  NOT pubstars, not selfish damage whores, not minmaxing stat accountants.  Focus on the team and winning, not stats.  And above all, get wins.

- Show good awareness and instincts in group play -- good concerted pushes, good discipline, good personal initiative.

- Active, interested in competitive play.  If you just want to platoon/pub, you are welcome to use our TS...but our roster is reserved for those who want to compete and win more than they want to pub and get good stats.

- Isn't a twat.  You need to be easy to work with and lead; don't get pissed/demoralized easily when we lose.  And don't be so arrogant you think your way is better than the officers.  When an order is given, you obey or get the hell out.

- TC/742 experience is great.  So is tournament play, as this is more similar to CW than pubs.

- Players on the fence (basically anyone who isn't a very dark purple) are judged primarily on attitude and effort.  We would rather have a hard working, unselfish 60%er than a padding cunthole 65%er.

And that's about it.  Feel free to ask questions here.

Update: Current recruitment in charge is m0rieris. Please contact him in-game or on G TS.

When you look at an unknown players stats, how much premium round usage do you assume? What about platooning?

CW is still a long way off for me, both in terms of stats and enough T10s to make it viable, but my stats only mean something (to myself) because I so rarely platoon and have never used a premium shell. 

Or is it more important to get your stats to purple by every means I can bring to bear?

When you look at an unknown players stats, how much premium round usage do you assume? What about platooning?

CW is still a long way off for me, both in terms of stats and enough T10s to make it viable, but my stats only mean something (to myself) because I so rarely platoon and have never used a premium shell. 

Or is it more important to get your stats to purple by every means I can bring to bear?

I don't care if you shoot gold or not.  Same with platoons.  You are expected to be a purple with good personal stats regardless.

And in competitive play you are required to use perfect gear all the time.

BTW any applicant who ever tries to play arty while getting evaluated by me gets automatically rejected.

I think we got that from your sig

Eh, I can dream. I would love to get that kind of co-op team play with a good group like -G-, but alas my stats aren't good enough and I don't think I play enough =(

Oh well, back to solo pubbing.

I applied once and they told me to platoon with you as you evaluated me...you never replied.

In anyone elses clan recruit thread: Sure, I can try, I hope I'm good enough!!!

In -G-'s recruitment thread: Fuck, no chance of getting in this clan, I'm not purple enough.

I applied once and they told me to platoon with you as you evaluated me...you never replied.

I sent you an invite yesterday.  Besides I'm not going to put out the effort to platoon with a pub; if you want in, get on TS and find someone.

I actually spoke to Pope about applying before the holidays. The -G- ts server was a ghost town over christmas, to the point I wasn't even able to find an officer to get recruit tags. Now that CW is back on, I'll try again. 

Or, to save time, you could just humiliate me publicly by telling me I'm not good enough. 

I actually spoke to Pope about applying before the holidays. The -G- ts server was a ghost town over christmas, to the point I wasn't even able to find an officer to get recruit tags. Now that CW is back on, I'll try again. 

Or, to save time, you could just humiliate me publicly by telling me I'm not good enough. 

I usually leave the public humiliation to sela.  He likes to broadcast his rejections over his stream.

- Players on the fence (basically anyone who isn't a very dark purple) are judged primarily on attitude and effort.  We would rather have a hard working, unselfish 60%er than a padding cunthole 65%er.

Are you strictly looking at overall stats, or would you consider someone who's last 1000 battles were on the fence?  In other words, where's the floor?

Are you strictly looking at overall stats, or would you consider someone who's last 1000 battles were on the fence?  In other words, where's the floor?

The floor is basically the worst player in G -- who is still a bluenicum.  He and dozens like him is your competition; show why you are better than him and you are in.

The floor is basically the worst player in G -- who is still a bluenicum.  He and dozens like him is your competition; show why you are better than him and you are in.

Fair enough.

I dunno about that one.

I'm going to shamelessly steal this and start calling myself a Bluenicum now. Tanks in advance!

What about that yellow guy? WarPagan or something >_>

I'm going to shamelessly steal this and start calling myself a Bluenicum now. Tanks in advance!

Pretty sure blunicum requires you to have at least purple recent stats.

Not there yet, but maybe next time this opportunity rolls around I'll have stopped potatoing every 4th or 5th game and will have the stats to at least try out.  Best of luck with the recruitment process.