Sign in to follow this  
FlorbFnarb

Should I be investing heavily in tin mines?

The tinfoil hat crowd has always been around, but lately I'm seeing more and more above average and better players going on about how the game is rigged, RNG favoring some people, etc.

I mean, in some of the threads I've stopped arguing against it and I'm just endorsing it while posting in net-speak like a 13 year old (although Sela says I'm doing it wrong) but I keep wondering if most of these guys are just trolling at this point.

Then again, maybe they aren't.

It does not really matter now does it?

Scenario 1: RNG is not rigged. Everything is fine. Okay.

Scenario 2: RNG is rigged. So what? What's going to happen then? Are people going to suddenly stop playing tanks, or are unicorns going to still be unicorns despite the handicap? Besides, even if proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that RNG is rigged, it is as sure as Lenin's revolution that WG will just wipe the proof and pretend nothing ever happened. Either way, nothing will change.

Do you agree that a player's chances of winning is greater when top tier?

Has it ever been proven that the odds of a player being bottom tier is equal to the odds of being top tier?

If your Top Tier the possibility of you winning has to be better than being bottom tier, because you have more Armour, bigger guns than your enemies but the fact is you have to beat your equal tier counterparts to ensure you can go stomping on the rest of their lower tiers. 

If your Top Tier the possibility of you winning has to be better than being bottom tier, because you have more Armour, bigger guns than your enemies but the fact is you have to beat your equal tier counterparts to ensure you can go stomping on the rest of their lower tiers.

Depends on the player. A window licker in a top tier can screw his team over a lot more than a bottom tier window licker.

Sometimes it depends on what time of day you are playing.  If you are playing during a low server numbers time of day MM will act differently than when its a high volume time. I've had 8 on 8 and 10 on 10 games on occasion.

On average no. Being top tier means your influence is bigger. For better or worse.

Has it ever been proven that the odds of a player being bottom tier is equal to the odds of being top tier?

It is not about whether the odds of being top tier is the same as being bottom tier. It is all about everybody getting the same percentages. I doubt there is any difference.

Someone complains that the MM is rigged or broken=Get the fuck out retard.

Someone complains that the RNG is rigged or broken=Geniune conspiracy backed by purples, WG may be giving favortisim.

Gripe of the month next month will be mercy bounces.

:rollseyes:

No, there are good players implying the MM is rigged too.

I still wonder how many of them are just trolling.

This is like platooning. Above average players will have a better chance of winning at top tier, below average players will have a bigger chance of losing as top tier. It all depends on if you can out-carry the other teams top tiers.

With the whole "RNG/MM is rigged guise" argument, I can honestly say I've wondered sometimes... Like when the scrub 46% turns his whole tank around and snaps a shot right into me without aiming... while if I try the same my shell flies in the general direction of Venus... Or the back to back to back >50% win chances... 

In all srsns though, I don't believe there is any rigging involved. And even if there was favorable RNG rigging based on W/R, who cares? If I was a complete scrub, I'd get pissed and quit if half my shots went nowhere near where I aimed. Just like how I've stopped playing BF4 due to the crap netcode. 

You should invest heavily in aluminium, or aluminum if you're from the US, then fund a study into the material composition of off the shelf tinfoil. When the results of the study are out you'll be rich!

I'm sorry I can't stop laughing.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.  I'm seeing not just frustrated greens, but blues and purples insisting that both MM and RNG are rigged against them.

Mind-boggling.

I think most unicums just troll about it. "Winrate is luck!" is so absurd that it has become a running joke. I think there has been proven that MM has a slight rigging that will try to prevent you from being bottom tier too much as well as being top tier too much but nothing beyond that. People who blame their team all the time or fail to understand the basic functionality of randomness (the fact that streaks actually is a sign of randomness and more even results are a sign of rigging) are hard to take seriously so how are you supposed to approach them? Try to explain it or just keep the joke alive?

I think most unicums just troll about it. "Winrate is luck!" is so absurd that it has become a running joke. I think there has been proven that MM has a slight rigging that will try to prevent you from being bottom tier too much as well as being top tier too much but nothing beyond that. People who blame their team all the time or fail to understand the basic functionality of randomness (the fact that streaks actually is a sign of randomness and more even results are a sign of rigging) are hard to take seriously so how are you supposed to approach them? Try to explain it or just keep the joke alive?

Even the bit about the MM putting people at bottom or top tier based on their recent WR has been shown to be a myth under testing.

Source?

Talk to Neatoman.  He actually compiled some numbers from his own playing and found that it wasn't doing any such thing.

I've seen some purples on some other forum claiming that the game treats players differently based on wr (pen and alpha rolls and bounces). The literal quote went like this: "one of my friend's friend talked to a wg dev some time ago and when he was drunk enough he mentioned something about the game adjusting things based on ...something". I just loled.

I think it is kinda amusing to read these "theories".

As for pure rng rolls everyone gets them. That's why it is called rng. Aim at a target in arty that is other side of map, don't wait to aim at all and just shoot. Your shot misses where you aimed but still ammoracks the enemy from full health. I once did that with s51 (before arty nerf) in campinovka. With ap round no less.

Or shooting on the move on targets that are far away. The trick is to just avoid turning your turret and wait until the reticle goes over the target before shooting. Generally those shots go where you aim with good enough percentage.

I keep wondering if most of these guys are just trolling at this point.

Then again, maybe they aren't.

Even the bit about the MM putting people at bottom or top tier based on their recent WR has been shown to be a myth under testing.

I wish I could source a quote from them on that, but I'm pretty sure the devs have stated that derping out consistently will give you priority when it comes time to do the "every X number of matches, MM will try to give to softball tiering" thing.

I don't think it's "rigged" beyond anything WG hasn't told us already, which honestly doesn't amount to much.    I do think that they either don't quite have a handle on its behavior, or they're sacrificing quality for speed to people into matches.

Getting people in-game quickly is a big part of their financial success.   And I mean that in giant 20-foot tall flaming letters; people outside the industry might not quite understand how important it is.

I also think that the MM system is a bit prone to weird artifacting based on your tank and/or your platoon configuration.   It's very easy to make a system that inadvertently does that.