Sign in to follow this  
Allurai

Too many seal clubbers says the seal clubber.

Saw that on the house forum ...

Very nearly commented, but didn't.

Considered looking at his vehicle history, but decided it wasn't worth barking about ...

I have other battles to fight.

Is preparing for low tier ClanWars considered seal clubbing?

I saw REL_3 in their T18s yesterday...

They said that they are training their crews for CWs... what a rigged event.

I'll agree with the guy. I was running my AT 1 the other day (Now upgraded to the next tank) because I don't have nearly enough Free XP to start a new line without grinding the tanks. Free XP is strictly a "Top tier gun" for much higher tanks at this point. On one hand, I felt kinda bad because some of these players were awful. I finally got used to driving a turretless tank, and kind of slaughtered the other team and carrying our team to victory. Came up a hill to some guy too busy playing "Hide the tank in the bush" to notice me until I started shooting him. 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot BOOM. Dude turns around and 1-shots me with 7hp left. Low tier derps just shouldn't exist. This game is too slow placed to justify one-shot guns.

Yes, see AutismSpeaks, Marxist, ebichu.

Marxist simply plays the game in a tank he enjoys playing.

If he sees no need to advance, then that is his business, no one else's

I and Blackhorse_One have platooned with him several times in the past.

He may crow about his record in the T-26 occasionally, but he is not otherwise concerned about stats.

The real irritation with Marxist probably has more to do with his Marxist blather ...

I really like tier 7 matches with the HEAT M4, so much HP for the taking.

This is one reason XVM can be so powerful.  M4 in Tier 7 match and all of the Tier 7s are < 1000 game < 500 WNx < 47% players.

Sit back and let them engage and then rip off successive 300m 105 HEAT shots to finish off an IS, T29 and KV-1S.

2800 damage and a top-gun later, I was smiling BIG as I earned my Master badge / Ace Tanker in the tank.

I bought it solely for the 80% credit bonus this weekend and am simply amazed that WG has let this brokenness run amok for this long.  In tier 5 matches, this is much more broken than a KV-1S in a Tier 6 match.

Marxist simply plays the game in a tank he enjoys playing.

If he sees no need to advance, then that is his business, no one else's

This is the problem I'm having with the Panzer IC, it's so amazingly fun to play in and I find myself playing it more and more :S Still find my E50 to be a blast.

This is the problem I'm having with the Panzer IC, it's so amazingly fun to play in and I find myself playing it more and more :S Still find my E50 to be a blast.

The elitists can climb all over you and your stats all they want ...

This is still just a game, and at the end of the day, they all drain away when you hit the I/O switch.

Play the tanks you enjoy - the ones you have a feel for ...

If you want to improve your game, you will find a way to do it between the two forums.

Do not depend on one or the other exclusively ...

lolz.

a question: is playing low tier premiums considering stat padding/seal clubbing?

Not if you lose =D

Consider it enlightenment on proper playing before they became walrus. But then I like walrus clubbing too.

This is still just a game, and at the end of the day, they all drain away when you hit the I/O switch.

If you want to improve your game, you will probably find a way to do it between the two forums.

Drive On ...

This forum was created by elitists for elitists, so what exactly are you doing here?

This forum was created by elitists for elitists, so what exactly are you doing here?

Keeping your cartoon snobbery in check, Bridgeburner ...

Your statement is in direct conflict with the stated purpose of the forum.

After outfitting my T1 for Clan Wars, i did it; I engaged in solo-pub seal clubbing.

... and wouldn't you know it, I ran into a 22k battle, 62% win rate, 2400 WN7 unicum in a ... T1 Cunningham

The map was Mines and he probably wasn't paying attention to me.  I was most certainly looking for him and hoping he would get spotted early in the game.  As soon as he was spotted i raced to that location to see if I could take advantage of the distraction and finish him off.  He was engaged, I flanked and he went up in smoke.  We handily won the match.

True story, bro!

Um, my view so far is that this forum was created by people who want to succeed (Elitists is likely a partially accurate label for most), so those who want to succeed, can help those who want to succeed. If you ignore the whole part about elitists looking down upon the unwashed masses as being unworthy (Which is, you know, pretty integral to being an elitist), then your comment would still be inaccurate. It would then read "This forum was created by elitists, for elitists to help scrubs become elitists.

Um, my view so far is that this forum was created by people who want to succeed (Elitists is likely a partially accurate label for most), so those who want to succeed, can help those who want to succeed. If you ignore the whole part about elitists looking down upon the unwashed masses as being unworthy (Which is, you know, pretty integral to being an elitist), then your comment would still be inaccurate. It would then read "This forum was created by elitists, for elitists to help scrubs become elitists.

My wording is unclear, so I should probably clarify it. You are right, these forums aren't a purple stat circle jerk (which I would be excluded from anyway), but a method to improving scrubs who are willing to learn. 

Essentially my beef with Blackhorse comes down to the previous post

This entire paragraph set me off, hence the animosity I displayed.

It is an attitude prevalent on the old forums with a stats mean nothing, us vs them attitude that is not conducive to the constructive nature of this forum which (IMO) is all about getting people to improve themselves - the first step being acknowledging that stats in fact, do mean something and discarding the whole play5fun argument/atmosphere is the first step in that process...

As for "elitists climb all over you and your stats", this is essentially what this forum is about (for individuals seeking critical analysis), is  it not?