UnusualMedic

Boring Clam war is Boring

So yeah me and my clan tried to land on a province some days ago and this happened:

Semi-Finals

shot_087_zps79dca84d.jpg

Final

shot_089_zpsf1d2fbd6.jpg

Everybody was like DAFUQ?!?

And yes I know dat clan wars team.... We don't have a lot of people.

So basically you bring a halfassed team and somehow you are unhappy that your enemy is more halfassed?

I wouldn't give that team the benefit of being called half-assed. Quarter-assed at best.

So basically you bring a halfassed team and somehow you are unhappy that your enemy is more halfassed?

pretty much yes. usually we have 4 E100 and a Jag E100 but they weren't there.

and that T-62a got that much because someone made a stupid move by blocking our bat-chat from taking cover.

You had a 1:1000 lucky streak. Sometimes it can happen that a clan can't attend a battle because it has several other battles at the same time and isn't able to field enough teams (you should understand that seeing that your clan isn't even able to field one full team of tier X).

This can happen, but on EU it is extremely rare. Most landing tournaments have enough applicants to require you to fight through 5-6 rounds before you get to fight the owner. Half-assed clans get their asses spanked in the first or second round. You should praise your good luck rather than complain about clan wars. I doubt you will get this lucky again any time soon. At least on EU something like this doesn't happen very often. Perhaps NA has less mid tier clans??

Also what happened against the owners? Your silence about that battle is rather telling. :verysmug:

P.s.: I am starting to wonder about NA clan wars (not just because of this post by the way). Are landing tournaments really that deserted there? Where are the second and third tier clans that are currently overpopulating Africa on EU? There are countless outfits like mine on EU: solid clans that are able to beat better clans on a good day, yet they usually tend to be inconsistent.

adding these two to our list, it happened 7 time now.

After that I asked a member of the owner clan and he said that they didn't want to fight.

They lost 3 land that night.

You had a 1:1000 lucky streak. Sometimes it can happen that a clan can't attend a battle because it has several other battles at the same time and isn't able to field enough teams (you should understand that seeing that your clan isn't even able to field one full team of tier X).

This can happen, but on EU it is extremely rare. Most landing tournaments have enough applicants to require you to fight through 5-6 rounds before you get to fight the owner. Half-assed clans get their asses spanked in the first or second round. You should praise your good luck rather than complain about clan wars. I doubt you will get this lucky again any time soon. At least on EU something like this doesn't happen very often. Perhaps NA has less mid tier clans??

Also what happened against the owners? Your silence about that battle is rather telling. :verysmug:

P.s.: I am starting to wonder about NA clan wars (not just because of this post by the way). Are landing tournaments really that deserted there? Where are the second and third tier clans that are currently overpopulating Africa on EU? There are countless outfits like mine on EU: solid clans that are able to beat better clans on a good day, yet they usually tend to be inconsistent.

There's no such thing as mid tier clans in NA. You either have your top 50 or you have scrublord clans.

They have land

We finally faced a full team of 15 tier 10's, and they did something smart!

If anyone from scram sees this

gg gents o7o7o7o8o7!

There's no such thing as mid tier clans in NA. You either have your top 50 or you have scrublord clans.

Top 50? in EU we have like a top 10 of top clans and the next 40 are all mid tier garbage.

Top 50? in EU we have like a top 10 of top clans and the next 40 are all mid tier garbage.

When did you last play clanwars? 1st campaign? Your precious IDEAL struggled to get into the top 30 then, right? If the forums don't lie, a lot of diplomacy, land-transfers and a shitstorm with your ally WHY seem to have been involved? A.k.a. garbage mid tier clan by your own definition.

But I don't want to pick a fight here. Thus I apologize for the polemics, I just couldn't resist. :verysmug:

I agree that the top 10 clans stand out. But the gaps aren't as huge as you make them sound. Even on the regular map, supposed top ten clans will suffer the occasional loss against lesser clans (during campaigns when everybody had to adapt to lower tiers and tank locking wasn't affecting tank lineups, this was a rather frequent occurance). And even if mid tier clans end up losing, they can give the big dogs a decent fight. My "mid tier garbage" outfit fought F15 twice last week, we lost but, managed to make keep the games close. When the fight was over, F15 was down to ~5 tanks both times.

In my opinion, the power-order of clans on EU is not a huge divide with top clans on one side and the rest on the other, but more of a slope. You have the top dogs like EFE, KAZNA, RSOP and FAME, you have contenders that can be dangerous to them (F15, OM, ...), you have upper mid tier clans (L-FEW, SWF, PMHC, ...) and you have your average mid tier clans (BIA sub-clans, JUMB0, F-OUT, ...), after that come clans not capable of a regular map presence but some of them could change that if they keep improving since once again the gaps aren't huge. Moreover, you have clans that could insert themselves back into clanwars and affect the balance there (PTS (who knows what is going on there?), SKILL and even your IDEAL).

Also, generalizations are dangerous when it comes to mid tier clans. Take F-OUT for example. If you meet our best team you will face a bunch of players with average global stats >2000 WN8 and average recent stats >2400 WN8, they will have a lot of clanwars experience and the calls will be made by a guy who has called hundreds of battles. But F-OUT also takes clanwars newbies and we have a very mixed set of players. Insert too many of our newer or less skilled players into the lineup and you can't even be sure to make it through a landing tournament all the way to the owner. Such a mixed roster is one of the main reason why most mid tier clans are mid tier. It's also the reason why there is always the possibility of an upset.

P.s.: Please don't start a silly argument about the clans I used as examples here. I didn't intend a ranking here, they are just examples. Apart from the top 4, I picked them on my subjective experience fighting them rather than on stats or campaign results or some stupid formula created to flatter MajorGoldfield's ego (W6 and battlecount for the win!).

When did you last play clanwars? 1st campaign? Your precious IDEAL struggled to get into the top 30 then, right? If the forums don't lie, a lot of diplomacy, land-transfers and a shitstorm with your ally WHY seem to have been involved? A.k.a. garbage mid tier clan by your own definition.

But I don't want to pick a fight here. Thus I apologize for the polemics, I just couldn't resist. :verysmug:

I agree that the top 10 clans stand out. But the gaps aren't as huge as you make them sound. Even on the regular map, supposed top ten clans will suffer the occasional loss against lesser clans (during campaigns when everybody had to adapt to lower tiers and tank locking wasn't affecting tank lineups, this was a rather frequent occurance). And even if mid tier clans end up losing, they can give the big dogs a decent fight. My "mid tier garbage" outfit fought F15 twice last week, we lost but, managed to make keep the games close. When the fight was over, F15 was down to ~5 tanks both times.

In my opinion, the power-order of clans on EU is not a huge divide with top clans on one side and the rest on the other, but more of a slope. You have the top dogs like EFE, KAZNA, RSOP and FAME, you have contenders that can be dangerous to them (F15, OM, ...), you have upper mid tier clans (L-FEW, SWF, PMHC, ...) and you have your average mid tier clans (BIA sub-clans, JUMB0, F-OUT, ...), after that come clans not capable of a regular map presence but some of them could change that if they keep improving since once again the gaps aren't huge. Moreover, you have clans that could insert themselves back into clanwars and affect the balance there (PTS (who knows what is going on there?), SKILL and even your IDEAL).

Also, generalizations are dangerous when it comes to mid tier clans. Take F-OUT for example. If you meet our best team you will face a bunch of players with average global stats >2000 WN8 and average recent stats >2400 WN8, they will have a lot of clanwars experience and the calls will be made by a guy who has called hundreds of battles. But F-OUT also takes clanwars newbies and we have a very mixed set of players. Insert too many of our newer or less skilled players into the lineup and you can't even be sure to make it through a landing tournament all the way to the owner. Such a mixed roster is one of the main reason why most mid tier clans are mid tier. It's also the reason why there is always the possibility of an upset.

P.s.: Please don't start a silly argument about the clans I used as examples here. I didn't intend a ranking here, they are just examples. Apart from the top 4, I picked them on my subjective experience fighting them rather than on stats or campaign results or some stupid formula created to flatter MajorGoldfield's ego (W6 and battlecount for the win!).

TL;DR:

You're a clueless newb.

Did you see what FAME (uncontested #1) did to KAZNA (somewhere in the top 10, generally considered #2)?

They fucking RAPED them with ease. Now please tell me how you can say the gaps aren't huge?

BTW, taking IDEAL as an example is like the most retarded thing you could possibly do, because we are less of a CW clan than PATO.

Edit:

I have to apologize, though. My initial statement was wrong. We have a #1, 4 more top clans behind that (RSOP, EFE, KAZNA and... wait that's it actually) and everything below that is mid tier garbage (yes, I even include my own clan there, since we're talking about CWs).

Pretty much the trollish, insulting response I expected from you.

When did you last fight a clan wars battle? If I am not mistaken that must have been ~9 months ago? So basically you are talking about a matter in which you have no recent insight.

But I really don't want to start a dumb troll contest. That sort is more your style.

Besides nobody argues that FAME & Co aren't in a different league. Everybody knows and acknowledges that top clans will win almost every game. And yes, that creates a considerable gap. All I am saying is that the clans closest to them in quality can overcome that gap on a good day.

If you recall the last campaign, it showed that upsets remain possible. Even EFE, RSOP and KAZNA (at the time the strongest clans on EU) suffered some defeats during that campaign.

And your glorious FAME had its hickups as well. Even though they have the best roster right now, they aren't perfect. I seem to remember that they left England after beating KAZNA and tried to land elsewhere, but that venture didn't work out at all, prompting them to return to their home turf a few days later.

P.s.: instead of calling me names, you could have just presented your argument in a civilized fashion. It seems like you just want to troll and insult when there is no real difference of opinion.

Pretty much the trollish, insulting response I expected from you.

When did you last fight a clan wars battle? If I am not mistaken that must have been ~9 months ago? So basically you are talking about a matter in which you have no recent insight.

But I really don't want to start a dumb troll contest. That sort is more your style.

Besides nobody argues that FAME & Co aren't in a different league. Everybody knows and acknowledges that top clans will win almost every game. And yes, that creates a considerable gap. All I am saying is that the clans closest to them in quality can overcome that gap on a good day.

If you recall the last campaign, it showed that upsets remain possible. Even EFE, RSOP and KAZNA (at the time the strongest clans on EU) suffered some defeats during that campaign.

And your glorious FAME had its hickups as well. Even though they have the best roster right now, they aren't perfect. I seem to remember that they left England after beating KAZNA and tried to land elsewhere, but that venture didn't work out at all, prompting them to return to their home turf a few days later.

P.s.: instead of calling me names, you could have just presented your argument in a civilized fashion. It seems like you just want to troll and insult when there is no real difference of opinion.

So your argument is "mid tier garbage can win 1 out of 10 battles if lucky, so the gap is obviously too small to call them mid tier garbage"?

All I called you was a "newb", that's hardly an insult.

I dunno how CW's performance of certain clans became a measure of clan worth. IMO the skill gradiant of the clans in EU is pretty gradual. You can find a clan which is a good fit for your skill at any ability level. 

I think the fact that there is on;y a small number of dominant CW's clans indicates the majority of EUnicums have other priorities, not that they are bad. There is enough of them to form more uber CW clans if "they" so desire.

Except BADGR because we're losing our unicums and adding greens. WTF

That's because Coolone isn't active anymore.

Coolone = best quality control recruiter_na

That's because Coolone isn't active anymore.

Coolone = best quality control recruiter_na

RIP badgers. Also looking bad when FOXEY beat thugz and they didn't. :P

From discussions with several ex-CW players it sounds like a fair few of them have transitioned to tournament-only play.

AFAICT from our clan's brief excursion into tier 10 CW (after we did fairly well in the last tier 8 campaign for total CW noobs), tier 10 CW is incredibly boring unless you're one of those top 10 clans and can hold multiple high-value provinces. Otherwise you either spend night after night flailing around in landing battles and getting your tier 10s locked (assuming you make it to the final), which of course then makes it impossible to hold any landing province you do manage to win, or else you set up shop in Canada and make 240 gold per turn while fighting off the other scrublords (i.e. not worth the time investment).

CW is just incredibly unfriendly to clans that aren't more or less 100% focused on it; you can't really do "casual" CW, and I don't think NA has the player population to really support more than about 10 skilled heavily CW-specialized clans.