German TD Tech Tree #2  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite tank destroyer in the 2nd German tank destroyer tech tree?

So I'm thinking about starting the new German tank destroyer line, and I'd like to have some tips on how the line plays in general, as well as anything that I should know about each specific tank in the line (starting with the Marder 38T and upwards), such as if there are any vehicles that I should keep/skip.

The Marder is good but the rhoomba is hilarious. Its the first tank on this line that has truly put a smile on my face. Plus it doesnt hurt to have two good gun options to choose from.

Nashorn is the most average tank in the line. Awesome DPM and penetration but mediocre everything else.

Sturer Emil is just a terrible one-trick pony. The only good thing about it is the gun and its depression, it falls flat on its face in any other area.

Rheinmetall-Borsig is pretty much the peak in the line. Great gun choice (especially since its stock gun is as good as the ELITE guns of the other tier 8 German TDs,) overpowered camo, a turret, decent speed, very small and hard to hit sometimes.

WT PzIV requires a unique playstyle and is worse for its tier than the Rheinmetall. Mainly its downgrade is gun depression and camo in exchange for a slightly better gun (not better per-tier, though) and mobility. Its turret also becomes rear-mounted which is always A Bad Thing™

WT E 100 gets ridiculously OP with the best mobility in the line if you ignore the Flakbus, highest burst damage in the game, APCR, and a high HP pool. It also gets the worst camo in the game and the largest size and weakest armor in its tier, even weaker than artillery. It's OP, but not as good as the Rheinmetall.

So I voted Rheinmetall.

Only up to tier 8 so far, but I voted the Rhombus. Excellent camo, and the best gun at tier 8 (arguably) on a turret with a reload of about 9.4 seconds. Nashorn was also good, Marder not bad. Flak bus was nothing special, and the Sturer Emil gave up everything for alpha and depression.

Which is more fun between the toaster (tier 5) and the nashorn (tier 6)?  I'm going to pause my advancement for a bit to do some crew training.

So far, I'm enjoying the toaster, and would be disappointed if playing the tier 6 was uninteresting for crew grinding.  

Which is more fun between the toaster (tier 5) and the nashorn (tier 6)?  I'm going to pause my advancement for a bit to do some crew training.

So far, I'm enjoying the toaster, and would be disappointed if playing the tier 6 was uninteresting for crew grinding.  

The 6 looks like a lot of fun between the insane DPM and great gun handling

Please don't necro though

The borsig is the best in the line for the waffle. Somewhat moble and pending on the cannon and crew skills trolling and absolutely hilarious from time to time. I rock the 15 cm just cuz I find the borsig more fun to play that way. Only iss is the 15 cm sucks at tier ten so I always carry 9 heat shells for those instances. I enjoyed the marder 38t but didnt find the rest except the borsig to fit my playing style. The waffle is still fun bust since the nerf I find it less enjoyable to play.

Best thing about the Roomba, if you feel like being silly - Roomba 15cm HE FTW, pubbies like WTF was that??  

Plus anything French is a tasty full damage roll, pubbie tears best tears.  The 12.8 cm is a rail gun that just pens things....plus that camo...Just ask Nolan, Crouching Rhoomba, hidin sexii.

Shfty©