Vortus

Likely lesser known map routes

First off, learned quite a bit and have improved due to guides put out from this forum and others.   So, hopefully this shares a bit back.   Some may know of these, others may not.   But there are some places on maps not used much for whatever reason.   Prompting me to post is that I understand in Erlenburg they are adding places to cross among other changes in the next patch.   Though there are currently 3 bridges and 5 places you can cross the river.    Ill post other places on Abbey, Arctic, and Mountain as well.   Not as useful but more options are nice.   Hopefully if other know of places I have not listed they would be willing to share.

Erlenburg

At the top of the map in A-5/6, now raised so all can see it.   .

At the island in D-6. Can cross from either side to the island and then on to the other side.

At G-5 there is a slope on both sides of the map where you can cross.  Note that this a diagonal crossing from 7 o'clock to 3 o'clock.   If you are in a slow tank, or get tracks or for whatever reason, directly across from the rock on the east side of the river, right in the middle of the river is a high spot where you can reset the timer.  Marked in green on map.

At the bottom of the map in K-5/6. Look for the two slopes into the water, not the drop offs.

In the upper left corner of the map, you can cross from A/B-2 to the island there.

ErlenbergWaterCrossing_zpsd2ad4970.jpg

Mountain Pass

At C 4/5, depending on tank, fast can do it alone, not so fast can get a push, can go up the hill on the left coming from the north spawn. This leads to going on top between the two mountains. Giving good fire into D-8/9 and E-9 as well as fire into E/F-7.

At A-4/5, again with a fast tank or a push, can go onto the hill on left from the north spawn. Moving up to A-6 giving fire on the D line.

The hill at F7 has been changed.  Using a Maus, E100 or other power pusher type, and a buffer tank, and the tank you actually want up there,  you can make it.   We parked assorted mediums and arty up there in testing.   So it works now.

At H3, a fast tank, or moderately fast tank with help can climb the hill there and shoot down onto 1-2 line.
Confirmed.

At E-4 you can get up onto the hill and scout/shoot into H-4/5/6.

At D-4 you can move up onto the hill, and shoot both the bridge and ice road, or move onto the top and shoot onto the 1-2 lines.

map-mountain-pass_zpsdd288e3e.jpg

Abbey

Crossing over from the rock in the top of E-8 to the crease on the bottom of D-9. You need a pusher tank, but its possible to get up the crease. Giving access to the plateauin D/E-9. Can fire into Abbey as well as shoot at lake road.

At H8, there is a path up onto the ridge for an excellent scouting position for the 8-9 line.

At H8 on the river road side there is a path leading up to another scout position for the 8-9 line.   Taller tanks can be hull down and shoot from here as well.

A fast tank, or one with help, moving from F-6 to F-7 can climb that hill in the right spot. Allows for quick escapes, or attacking the 8-9 line or tanks on that ridge.

If tank is to fat to fit through the side access gates and north facing pillars, but you are trapped because heavy opfor is on the road into the main abbey entrance. Go to the wall facing the 8/9 line. Drive up onto the steps on the right, then turn left. This allows you to go over the wall and down onto the ledge or the lower road and away from danger.

Abbey_zps4c702fdd.jpg

Arctic

Quite a few recently found on this one.   New to me anyway.

At D7 and E6 you can make it onto that island. Only at E6 can you make it back up though.

At A-6and A-7 you can access the top of the small mountain there.   Some hull down positions, as well as trees to knock down for cover. 

At F-0 you can access the hill and move up onto the plateau there. 

At F1 you can go down the cliff on a small path and come up G1. Useful for going around entrenched tanks in F/G-3 and hitting them from the side.

At H-8 you can make it up the slope and onto the hill there.   Can work around the hill from there as well to the 9 line.

Arctic_Region_zpse69593a0.jpg

Komarin

Many of these crossings are one way.   Though often to go back is just a bit away.  

At J-2 there is crossing that can go either way.

At G-3 you can cross from the south to the north. 

At the border of G-3 and G4 you can cross north to south.

At E-4 you can cross from the island to the west side.

At E-4 you can cross either way to the flat area just north of the island.

At B-8/9 and C-8 there are quite a few crossing area from west to east.

Komarin_zps61f91ffc.jpg

Airfield

Using a pusher and a buffer tank, the best pusher being a Maus, followed by an E100, the buffer tank can be anything, you can get back onto the A-B lines again.  The pusher tank will push the buffer tank which in turn pushes the tank thats going up top.

Airfield_zps6cf8d12a.jpg

Unfortunately that A1 Island on Erlenberg will end up quite useless with the moving of the spawns... Also why not put them in one post with spoilers rather than making 29083023809238 posts?

I tried, but it wouldn't let me go under the image and continue the post.   If I can, or if a mod can condense them down would be great.

Any more lesser known routes? There is a spot in the very north of "Northwest" where you can climb onto a hill and shoot literally everyone on the map. Or have they fixed it already?

Good topic! There's a hill at F0 of Steppes that I saw a 268 climbed to that let him shoot down on the hull down tanks of north spawn. I have not tried to get up there myself yet.

Inspected Northwest, found some possibilities but couldn't find a way.  They may have made it impossible to get into that area, as there are some pretty inconvenient boulders now.

Inspected Steppes, you can climb that hill in most faster tanks.   However, you can only cling to the edge now as its right on the map border now.  I think they removed that spot when they removed the paths to get into the F-1/2 area.

Updating OP with Komarin crossing areas.

How do it make "spoilers" to reduce the size of the post?

You used to be able to get up on the hill and cross that little bridge on Pearl River west spawn then get on the big hill, but that might have changed with the map change.

To create a spoiler highlight the text you wish to use then click on Special BB code in the bar you use to edit posts..the bar with smileys and such.  It is the 3rd from the left on the top row...then click spoiler in the dropdown.  

Some things that no longer work but I forgot to add.

The A line on the Airfield isn't accessible anymore from B-2 and B-0 due to map changes.

The mountain/ruins by the bridge at F-6 on Mountain is no longer accessible due to map changes.

Another one someone else might explain to me if they know....

On Sverogorsk, relatively recently, saw a T-54 up on the hill at G-2.   Wasn't able to work out the where or how so either map was changed or have not found it yet.  But, this may be been before the previous patch of the game.  Took 3 weeks off at Christmas so the timeline is fuzzy.

On Komarin B/C 8/9 crossing spots: the difference in height got me quite some times already, I seems to take a few HP of dmg almost every time I cross there. I may just be too stupid,additional pointers would be niCE.

On Komarin B/C 8/9 crossing spots: the difference in height got me quite some times already, I seems to take a few HP of dmg almost every time I cross there. I may just be too stupid,additional pointers would be niCE.

Go slow off the west entrance.  I go through there without taking damage consistently in any hull down tank or some of my scouts.  Worst thing you can do is hit it fast enough to get tracked.  Usually only under water 5-6 seconds so slow at the start is plenty safe.

There is a 'V' landing from the west side that you can use to launch that's a little lower.  Keep in mind though that if you go too far south you'll just flat drown. 

This is very intimidating in an ELC. :)

Oh and when you push up the 9 line you can ford from East to West just south of the A line bridge.  While pushes from the East are pretty hard to begin with they're a little easier if you're not on the Bridge  Fording lets you stay behind cover. 

At any of the 1 way types you have to go over the edge slowly.  For the 2 way types, seem for the most part anyway, to be able to be hit at speed.  None of my tanks are bat chat or ELC fast though.  

Mountain pass has another one...though I am loathe to share it with you jabronis.

As if N Spawn was not already OP enough, there is a way to the the mountain perch at D4 and shoot down into H-5/H-6 as well as J/K3 and K4. Plus foliage protects you from spotters rushing and poking at F4.  Staying hidden is key, because a smart hull down opponent at H4 can just lob rounds into you and you have no cover from your own ridge because of your elevation.

If you're not a baddie (ie worthy of using an incredible spot like this), pm me in game and I'll show you. 

Thanks for the tip, added to routes onto the Mountain as well as one I forgot to add onto Abbey.    Will get to Pearl River hopefully tonight.

In sand river the middle "lake" is drivable basically from base to base F3-G7. Also in the middle you can drive down from the high cliff over the lake into the village in the middle of the map G5->H5. This can be useful for encounter.

Serene Coast:

At D3 drive up hill hidden behind multiple trees.  You will need speed (60kph) or push.  You will probably have to level the trees first.  I've never used it, but could be useful to cover peninsula. 

index.jpg

The new Windstorm map, at A3, need 2 pushers (a light in middle, heavy in back), and you can get up.  This area is very large, and covers the west span.  It goes to C3.  I haven't tried this in a game yet.  Shit, haven't even played the map yet.shot_005.jpg

Updated couple maps.  

Small safety spot on Erlenburg added for the river crossing above the the southern bridge.

Multiple new spots on Arctic added, some of these are potentially useful, though tanks need to be about 60 kph to make it up the slope.

your welcome, thanks to those who showed me the ones I didnt know.

some possible routes, just have not explored them lately.   recently discovered the pushing ability of a maus, though I expect others w 1k+ hp would do ok, had a maus push my e3 up a hill (unwillingly) that I didn't think it could.  which might open up some previously unreachable places that were just out of reach.   been busy w CW and life stuff, but ill post up any findings in a few days when I get some time.