Sign in to follow this  
owenljn

How do I 183 like a boss? Need help!

Hello every1, I just purchased FV215b 183 and found it extremely fun in pubs where you can always one shot someone, but most of the time when I shoot HESH it won't penetrate because of the long aiming time that I can hardly aim at enemies' weakspots

for those of you who play 183 alot and good at it, please give me some advice about how to play this TD, like

where to go in those maps, should I snipe like 268 or follow the heavies and provide support from behind?

And what's the best ammo combination?

and here's the screenshot of my setup for 183:

Gj8oeTL.png

I got pretty lucky that MM seems to like me:

4G3sIKz.png

Don't have it on the live server, played around 30 games with it on the Test server and I love it.

4k DPG, I was mostly brawling with it, sniping is pretty hard with the accuracy I think, not sure havent tried it. You need to use the pubbies as meatshields, let them take the hit then you go out take your time to aim and fuck shit up.

geegee o7o7o7o7 was close.

Edit: I went with 13 hesh lul, but I think 11 hesh and 2 AP is gud, dont know.

Don't have it on the live server, played around 30 games with it on the Test server and I love it.

4k DPG, I was mostly brawling with it, sniping is pretty hard with the accuracy I think, not sure havent tried it. You need to use the pubbies as meatshields, let them take the hit then you go out take your time to aim and fuck shit up.

geegee o7o7o7o7 was close.

Edit: I went with 13 hesh lul, but I think 11 hesh and 2 AP is gud, dont know.

so basically I need to "sell" my team to get kills and damage huh, and besides, 183 can only bring 12 rounds, my combination is 3 AP + 7 HESH + 2 HE

Having never played the 183, I wouldn't bother with HE. It's just 'less good HESH'. So, with an enormous reload, you may as well load a round that works for all occasions.

100% HESH all the way and do your best to pass up shots that won't pen unless you really need to do some damage or finish someone off.

With the AP round the 183 is just a crap JPE100, HESH is pretty much the only thing the 183 has going for it so you have to run a full load.

As BeastMode said, sniping doesn't really work too well in the 183 (Which puts you at a disadvantage on many maps...) so you need to get close in order to penetrate reliably...

I've tried to play this tank both defensively and offensively and I find neither work very well. You need to be "sneaky" with this one for it to be effective. I find the best way to use it is to hide somewhere behind a front line and wait for a bunch of folks to start trading shots. Observe the pattern and when you think you can squeeze yourself in to take a shot, do it, then fall back immediately. Your fall back spot has to be arty safe, of course...

If you just try to peek-a-boo with this tank, you'll get obliterated. If you try to snipe, you'll miss... So like I said, sneak up to a safe spot, observe patterns, sneak in, shoot, get the heck out.

I'm just starting with this tank myself, but since I've been playing like described above, I find it performs okay. It's a fun tank more than a useful one though... Gotta keep that in mind.

Depends alot on the maps, but i usually support the heavys.
The ekstra damage generally comes down to experience, knowing the maps, knowing where to position to get an ealy side shot off, and stuff like that.

Allso Sometimes you need to just take the shot, see alot of 183 players who hold there shot, if they are not sure about the chance to pen.
It's better to do 500-800 damage, than no damage.
The ammo setup is a no-brainer, hesh all day every day!

so basically I need to "sell" my team to get kills and damage huh, and besides, 183 can only bring 12 rounds, my combination is 3 AP + 7 HESH + 2 HE

Using pubbies as meatshields is a thing you should be doing in most of your tanks that can't take hits.. Most of the time thats the only thing they are useful for.