Sign in to follow this  
B00mheadsh0t

The glorious Cap Circle

Can anyone explain to me why people sit on the cap circle when they have done like 300 dmg and 0 kills, their team is winning by 10 tanks. This seems like a complete waste of a game when people rush straight to the cap circle like its the ultimate goal. I for one would be happy if they added a game mode where the cap circle only appeared at 5 min left or 5 tanks left. Something like that would help people realize capping is a last resort. At least in my opinion.

You would be begging the same people to cap when you are 5 down and about to get owned.

Quit complaining, at least they are contributing something to a win.

Usually they don't contribute to anything more than lost income though.

They contribute nothing to the win except their presence, which is also there without them capping.

Usually they don't contribute to anything more than lost income though.

They contribute nothing to the win except their presence, which is also there without them capping.

Compare these people to the other useless retards who sits in the back and then NOT CAP.

You would end up with more wins in 1000 games with the cappers than the non-cappers.

A win is a win, damage doesn't mean shit anyhow.

Yes, I love winning with 400 damage done in Encounter, because who doesnt love 400 (x2) exp?

Would you rather lose?

Because i recall plenty of times where i personally capped the circle with zero damage dealt because i didn't want to take the slightest risk of losing.

Besides, a lot of times the enemy will charge at you in the open hoping to reset you, thats free damage, if they don't come back, well, its free win.

carbon, I love you, but you're retarded

e: aaand the rest of my post got cut off.

Anecdotally, the number of times that people have capped necessarily to get me the win, in the 8500 games I've won, is probably <100. the number of times that people have capped and cost the entire team xp and credits is probably upwards of 4000, seriously, it happens ridiculously often.

I'm not saying you should get rid of the cap circle, but it is definitely a huge annoyance on many occasions

Yes, I would rather lose, then win by capfast™.

Well, thats your choice i guess, but the next time you are down 3 tanks and is suppressed by 2 TDs, i hope you get the retard that doesn't cap.

Capping is usefull maybe 15% of the time, the rest is just idiots who think they get mad creditz for it.

Thats 150 every 1000 battles, if thats not useful then i honestly don't know what is.

I would rather people cap than be totally useless.  Had a match Wednesday where 2 of my team reached the enemy cap first and I was headed back to our base, albeit too late, because I knew they were going to start capping us soon.  For some unknown reason our 2 sat outside the cap circle for a full minute and 1 didn't even get on until our own base was being capped.  The 2nd didn't bother to get on until it showed at least 3 enemy on our cap.  Never mind we also had a tank near base who refused to peak over and try and reset.  Either way, if the 2 retards had gotten on cap when they got there or if we had gotten 1 reset we could have won.  Yes, I know, anecdotal single game evidence and it sticks out because it just happened and it was a maddeningly stupid loss.  That being said, the times where someone was capping uselessly either in a loss or a mop up win are also just as infrequent.  So what was the point again?  Oh yeah, pubbies do stupid shit that annoys us.

Why don't we just write a fucking book about this and sticky it at the top of the main page?

People who play this game, on average, have absolutely no understanding of tactics, or of what factors contribute to a win.  To a pub, winning is a matter of either killing all tanks, or getting that cap bar to 100.  It makes no difference to them.  The average player kills something like .75 tanks per game.  In their experience, therefore, parking in the circle to win is FAR easier (and therefore preferable) to killing tanks for the win. 

These people have no situational awareness at all.

They do not look at the minimap.

I doubt they even know what the score is.

They have no appreciation for the balance of power.

Even if they were situationally aware, they lack the understanding needed to make decisions based on that awareness.  These are the same people who drive to the same spot where 3 dead allies are, after giving that autoloader/arti just enough time to reload.  These are the same people who will not press the issue in a 3v1 situation.  These are the same people who think that luck, MM, god, kitten farts, or anything other than their own ability determines their success.  If they see the white circle, they will park in it.  They will do it if it means their death.  They will do it if capping is meaningless at that time.  They may even do it when capping is the right call.

Educating these pubs to the point they are able to make situational judgments regarding capping is nigh impossible.  Yes, it is frustrating.  Yes, it costs us xp and credits.  No, we cannot fix it.  Let it be. 

This is also why if you are being overwhelmed on a flank fall back to the other side of your cap circle, because half the enemy pushing will reach it and stop, and you can cut down the chances of being overwhelmed in close combat and cut down the number of HP you have to deal with immediately.

You would be begging the same people to cap when you are 5 down and about to get owned.

Quit complaining, at least they are contributing something to a win.

Let me qoute my original post. "when they have done like 300 dmg and 0 kills, their team is winning by 10 tanks." 

Let me qoute my original post. "when they have done like 300 dmg and 0 kills, their team is winning by 10 tanks." 

Yes, you hate them when they are detrimental to your cause, but you would praise them in a different circumstance doing the exact same thing.

Yes, you hate them when they are detrimental to your cause, but you would praise them in a different circumstance doing the exact same thing.

Not likely, because they wouldn't be alive if the other team wasn't down by 10 tanks, so there is no other circumstance. They die uselessly when you're team isn't winning and end the game early when your team is.

Also even if the enemy team is already at a vehicle disadvantage, putting someone in the cap circle and building up a cap lead shuts down some of their options, if you start building cap points then they don't have the option of win by cap any more, and they either have to try and reset or accept a loss.

Not likely, because they wouldn't be alive if the other team wasn't down by 10 tanks, so there is no other circumstance. They die uselessly when you're team isn't winning and end the game early when your team is.

You'd be surprised how many times a random pubbie TD manage to stay alive until the end.

The point is, no matter how annoyed you are, they are still technically contributing to the win in a positive way instead of the other option of doing nothing.

Also, if you find yourself often losing damage to cappers like those, you should best change your strategy.

If you are pushing a lane, realize that the enemy has one tank left until the cap, and i got a retard teammate behind me pushing in, ill just leave the lane to help else where and let the retard teammate stalemate the the left over enemy camper.

This way you get to effectively use your otherwise useless teammate and perhaps squeeze enough productivity out of dumb pubbies like him to get a real win.