UnusualMedic

Medium Tanks

Question

Howdy there. I call upon the advice of the mighty purple race on which medium line to go.

I've started to to REALLY like the medium gameplay over TDs and I'm wondering which one would totally make me forget TDs and become a true medium player?

T62A/140?

E50M?

Fatton?

Leo 1?

STB-1?

121?

23 answers to this question

If you're new to mediums, start with the T-62A/140 line for a truer medium experience or the E-50M line for more of a medium/heavy hybrid to ease into mediums. Others require too much medium skill and/or suck.

Obj. 140 is the most user friendly due to the soft stats

E-50M a second because of the good armor and trusty gun

All the others require pretty severe understanding of everything it takes to be a medium

121 requires the most skill as far as things go due to the horrible gun stats and gun depression

Scouts:  Leo1, Batchat

Mediums:  140, T-62A, 430, 121

Sniping trash:  STB, M60/M48, E-50M, FV4202

Go russian or go home, comrade.

The STB-1 really is more in the medium category, and the 50M is basically a fast heavy.

The Batchat is awesome sauce.... but it is an autoloader and thus is an autoloader.

(The autoloader tag overrides any other tag)

The Batchat is awesome sauce.... but it is an autoloader and thus is an autoloader.

(The autoloader tag overrides any other tag)

Aye but the Batchat seems to be a tough tank to master, at least according to the expected WN8 values. IMHO it's a light tank.

Alrighty then, russian it is.

Thanks almighty purple race.

Obviously not a purple poaster, but I'll give my 2 cents.

I asked myself the same question not long ago, and went for the Obj 140. I'm sure you won't be disappointed - in my opinion the tank is as sexy as a wet t-shirt on perfect boobs, plus you can get the t62a as well from the same t9 which is a huge plus if you're into cws. And the cherry on top of the line's cake is the t-54 which is in the t-shirt-on-perfect-boobs territory, just without the t-shirt.

The STB-1 really is more in the medium category, and the 50M is basically a fast heavy.

And an E5 is also practical a medium, and really an E-100 is basically a slower medium amirite?

Don't be retarded -- medium is defined by role, specifically the ability to scout, flex, and yet still do damage.  Tanks like the STB don't qualify because they just sit and snipe, like a TD.  Tanks like the 50B don't qualify because it has no camo.  At tier 10, basically the only true mediums are the RU, bat, and leo.

And an E5 is also practical a medium, and really an E-100 is basically a slower medium amirite?

Don't be retarded -- medium is defined by role, specifically the ability to scout, flex, and yet still do damage. Tanks like the STB don't qualify because they just sit and snipe, like a TD. Tanks like the 50B don't qualify because it has no camo. At tier 10, basically the only true mediums are the RU, bat, and leo.

Are you really suggesting the STB is a sniping tank? Dat fire control, so gud. Show me where the STB is incapable of scouting or flexing compared to the 62a or 140 or, god forbid, the 430. Maybe it's your ghetto ass 1-skill crew. Maybe you should be using some gun depression and not derp straight at things. Or maybe you're playing the 4202 by mistake?

Are you really suggesting the STB is a sniping tank? Dat fire control, so gud. Show me where the STB is incapable of scouting or flexing compared to the 62a or 140 or, god forbid, the 430. Maybe it's your ghetto ass 1-skill crew. Maybe you should be using some gun depression and not derp straight at things. Or maybe you're playing the 4202 by mistake?

Yes.  Its just a midrange sniper.  The STB is too slow, too crap camo to scout and its go to move is not a flanking flex, its to sit back and kick.  The fact you are even talking about depression shows this -- hurr durr sit and snipe, just like an inferior waffle.

I'm gonna have to both agree and disagree with Garby

Yeah, if your medium is more or less a "sniper" it's just a downgraded TD

However, unlike (most) TDs, you have a turret, good gun depression (in the case of the Leo, STB, and FV,) better shell velocity, and missing a shot isn't as awful as with 750/850, 1200/1750, or 1050 alpha

In return however you have shit-for-all peekaboo value, your penetration with standard ammo and gold is worse, and (unless you count the E-50M's UFP) you have shit-for-all armor plus comparatively worse camo

If your role is to sit back over a hill and shoot at targets in the distance instead of flanking them, you're basically just a TD with more flexability and less firepower

Yes.  Its just a midrange sniper.  The STB is too slow, too crap camo to scout and its go to move is not a flanking flex, its to sit back and kick.  The fact you are even talking about depression shows this -- hurr durr sit and snipe, just like an inferior waffle.

Yes because anyone not charging at enemy tanks = shitty sniper

I can only advise you NOT to get the Leo 1, it's the biggest pile of shit I've driven recently. Accuracy is a myth, the 8+ TDS u get on every team will steal all your damage and the 12% firechance is deceiving, in my recent 10 games I've died due to fire in 5 of them (running double repair kit).

Anyone with less than 2k alpha = shitty sniper.

2k alpha huh? CGC best brawler, such damage, much amaze

I can only advise you NOT to get the Leo 1, it's the biggest pile of shit I've driven recently. Accuracy is a myth, the 8+ TDS u get on every team will steal all your damage and the 12% firechance is deceiving, in my recent 10 games I've died due to fire in 5 of them (running double repair kit).

Stop getting shot pls kthx

I agree with Nipp100.  Go 140 first, T62a 2nd, batchat 3rd.  

Also I have all 3 RU Tier X mediums and rank them 140, 62a, 430.  Only redeeming quality of the 430 is that it has better camo than a batchat or leo1.  It's actually the best camo of all Tier 10 medums and one of the smallest profiles while having more or less the best overall armor of any Tier 10 medium (even though the T-62a turret armor is way more reliable in every way).  The fire control, gun handling, and DPM ofthe 430 are just not good enough though.