Sign in to follow this  
Dissidence

HALP! I can't fucking handle late nights.

I almost exclusively solo at these hours on the West server. My work schedule and sleep schedule pretty much restrict me to that. I generally suck so I have no gameplay advice. All I can say is try to embrace the rage and use it to your advantage.

It can be intolerable. Last two nights, 33%, and 43%. I lost a game where I did over 1500 damage in a Hellcat, and several games where I did as much as 4K in a T30, or 3K in a T34. Whole flanks, with 70% of the team collapse in under 2 minutes, when faced with 50% of the enemy team or less. And for the love of tracked vehicles, where the Hell do they find all of the "failed my way to tier X" <45% losers? I saw an honest to George S. Patton 27% IS-7. On my team, of course. Yes, it gets worse later at night. I had pulled my way back up to 50%, despite fail teams and an ISP that would piss off the Pope, I was going to try to pull two wins and quit. Try 5 losses, before I got the Hellcat out and made up for 4 of them and quit for the sake of anything breakable within 50 feet. I have dropped 4% of win rate in my T30, with a total of 900 games or so, in just the past couple of hundred games. I was at 55%, I'm barely at 51%. I think the Tiger II and the Panther II are holding on at 54% or so. I know it will be bad when I'm the best player on the team at 1320, and there are a 1/2 dozen blue and purple players on the other side. Hell, I've been the only green against a platoon of -G- with Garbad at least 3 damned times lately.Tried for 3 hours to get a platoon last night, no luck. Did not even pull up the WoT channel tonight, I'm just too sick of trying, I'll be damned if I'll beg, screw all of it.

It can be intolerable. Last two nights, 33%, and 43%. I lost a game where I did over 1500 damage in a Hellcat, and several games where I did as much as 4K in a T30, or 3K in a T34. Whole flanks, with 70% of the team collapse in under 2 minutes, when faced with 50% of the enemy team or less. And for the love of tracked vehicles, where the Hell do they find all of the "failed my way to tier X" <45% losers? I saw an honest to George S. Patton 27% IS-7. On my team, of course. Yes, it gets worse later at night. I had pulled my way back up to 50%, despite fail teams and an ISP that would piss off the Pope, I was going to try to pull two wins and quit. Try 5 losses, before I got the Hellcat out and made up for 4 of them and quit for the sake of anything breakable within 50 feet. I have dropped 4% of win rate in my T30, with a total of 900 games or so, in just the past couple of hundred games. I was at 55%, I'm barely at 51%. I think the Tiger II and the Panther II are holding on at 54% or so. I know it will be bad when I'm the best player on the team at 1320, and there are a 1/2 dozen blue and purple players on the other side. Hell, I've been the only green against a platoon of -G- with Garbad at least 3 damned times lately.Tried for 3 hours to get a platoon last night, no luck. Did not even pull up the WoT channel tonight, I'm just too sick of trying, I'll be damned if I'll beg, screw all of it.

TBH I look for platoons late at night when this occurs too, but all of the Relic guys I run with semi-regular are in bed generally, and most of the ones I don't know are too (usually there are 1-2 platoons, but they are full).

WOTlabs channel has been rough of late too. I generally don't mind running with players with lower stats than me as they can be good teammates (and I do this from time to time to help them) and I can show them things, but if my stats are terrible for the day, I really don't want to do anything but a carryhard platoon in tanks where I feel the winrate is low based on the statistics I've generated in the tank (AKA I hate running the same OP tanks, I prefer more variety to gameplay, and while KV-1S spam may equal wins, it's boring). Generally these guys are in the 48-51% range but have much improved 60 day stats from their earlier ones, and are definitely yellow, and probably pushing green. I'll help them when I'm not in a "I need wins now" mode. But WOTlabs channel of late, I've observed many more orange and red players eager to platoon, and I have no interest in that. TBH if I was going to help them, the first thing I would do is put them in a training room, and through some replays, not in a platoon...

Of course I've received many generous offers for players to platoon with me here on the forums, and I've even run with a few of them, but it's hard to do as those players are on during the middle of the day, have numerous platoon offers, and so I have to be on at the same time AND both be available... Basically I wish I had better hours to tank, so I could run with gudplayers moar often.

Just punched in my name on WOTlabs (sig is slightly out of date):

Overall 52.75% / 1377 (scrub city)

60Day 49.02% / 1539 (better, but losing A LOT more...not even winning half my battles apparently)

30Day 51.76% / 1683 (still losing more than my overall with even better stats)

7Day 48.51% / 1666 (got ragey yesterday and played 27 M60 battles with 10 wins, otherwise it'd be better, still, throw that out and my improvement is not translating into wins)

With the exception of weekends I only play after midnight PST(GMT-8 ) and I have done so ever since early 2013 when I came back to the game after a year long break.

I also virtually only play solo, except on the rare occasions when my RL friend is not on deployment or on duty or my schedule matches up with another Wotlab'er. 

It's torturous and exhausting but hang in there and don't get discouraged, it can be done.

Edit:

Come to think about it...what tiers are you playing? These past two months I've run exclusively battle tier 8-12 and it's very rare that I don't see at least 1 unicum/bluenicum on each side. I've run into a whole shitload of e-famous guys from the top 10 clans.

One memorable night I got stomped in consecutive games first by Junkers and Goonswarm then Sela and 2 other -G- guys I can't remember; I switched servers after the second game only to run into a HAVOK platoon.  

Anyway...I know I'm not a good player but since we play at the same times feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me on and you feel like a platoon.

I'm currently grinding my E50 but I can match anything from tier 7-10. Below tier 7 is kinda iffy. 

Below tier 7 after 12 am Pacific Standard Time is definitely a no-go. If you think you seen enough mouth breathers over on the east server, wait until you see the spillover from the SEA server that comes in then.