SergeantMatt

No more scout MM?

From FTR:

- Storm uncovers plans for light tanks:

“We will introduce top high-tier light tanks (tier 7-8) for main nations – USSR, Germany and USA. Old light tanks will get their battletiers changed and maybe some buffs” and “in any case, we will try to make the LT life easier”

A change we've all been calling for, I wonder when we can expect this to actually happen.

From FTR:

A change we've all been calling for, I wonder when we can expect this to actually happen.

That doesn't sound like scout MM changing.  Just the tiers the tanks play on will change.  Did you cut something out?

FWIW I've been a big proponent of scout MM going away and retiering the scouts.  Chaffee as a T7, T71 as a T8, ELC T6, etc. so if true that's going to be great for overall gameplay and let me really enjoy playing LTs again.  Every time I jump into my ELC or Chaffee I realize how much I miss the fluid, mobile gameplay they provide.  Just too frustrating when I get teams that don't understand how to take advantage of good scouting at high tiers and i"m unable to do enough damage myself to influence the game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO if I had to suffer, YOU HAVE TO SUFFER!!!

(honestly i never did understand a T-50-2 in T10 matches, or the Pz38NA in T9--then again, if i ever got a T7 match in my -2, it was like death by a thousand cuts for the enemy)

That doesn't sound like scout MM changing.  Just the tiers the tanks play on will change.  Did you cut something out?

FWIW I've been a big proponent of scout MM going away and retiering the scouts.  Chaffee as a T7, T71 as a T8, ELC T6, etc. so if true that's going to be great for overall gameplay and let me really enjoy playing LTs again.  Every time I jump into my ELC or Chaffee I realize how much I miss the fluid, mobile gameplay they provide.  Just too frustrating when I get teams that don't understand how to take advantage of good scouting at high tiers and i"m unable to do enough damage myself to influence the game.

Old light tanks will get their battletiers changed

That's a change to the tiers they fight in, which if they're trying to make scouts lifes easier sounds to me like they're getting normal MM, or at least more generous than it is now.

Though now that I think about it they might just rearrange the line/tiers, which would be less good. Still, anything that helps light tanks is a welcome change.

That's a change to the tiers they fight in, which if they're trying to make scouts lifes easier sounds to me like they're getting normal MM, or at least more generous than it is now.

Though now that I think about it they might just rearrange the line/tiers, which would be less good. Still, anything that helps light tanks is a welcome change.

This is very much needed.  I love lights... but I hate them too.

Looking forward to it.

I like the sound of this.  I love playing my Chaffee but getting into Tier 10 fights can be frustrating.  I wonder how they will rebalance the US LT line.  Right now the Chaffee is similar to but better than the T21, the M41 Walker Bulldog will likely be thrown in there somewhere as well.  Most excited I've been for a tech line in a while

Very interesting.  Though it does make me wonder what a tier 10 light tank could do, in order to make it competitive against tier 10 mediums. 

Ridiculous camo values, making them nigh invisible beyond 2-300m, even in the open? 

Obscene view ranges, allowing them to pierce camo?

Maneuverability beyond that already possessed by the Bat/Leo?  Basically the 50-2 all over again?

Increase the size of all maps, so that speedy lights can get to prime spotting locations ahead of mediums?

Very interesting.  Though it does make me wonder what a tier 10 light tank could do, in order to make it competitive against tier 10 mediums. 

Ridiculous camo values, making them nigh invisible beyond 2-300m, even in the open? 

Obscene view ranges, allowing them to pierce camo?

Maneuverability beyond that already possessed by the Bat/Leo?  Basically the 50-2 all over again?

Increase the size of all maps, so that speedy lights can get to prime spotting locations ahead of mediums?

They'd probably just be faster and smaller

This is old news though...they've bee trying to find Lights up to 8 for a while now, hence the hunt for the RU251

They'd probably just be faster and smaller

Which is either insanity or genius.  The masses already fail hard in general at tier 10, as well as failing hard in general at low armor tanks.  Lights/light meds are the poster children of the "High skill ceiling, low skill floor" mold.  Pubs will fail ridiculously hard in them, which will lead to them getting buffed (or at least being nerf-proof) while purples will be more rapey than a tentacle monster in an anime high school. 

Is been discussed to death that we won't get t10 light any time soon

Probably still up tier but their spread is reduce to 3. Hoping normal mm

I imagine the Bat could simply become the first t10 light if WG was clever. But otherwise slightly less firepower for hovertracks and high camo values? It would be "historical"-ish.

I'm thinking a US line would look like this...

Tier 2 - M2

Tier 3 - M3

Tier 4 - M5

Tier 5 - M7 ------------        (Reclass the M7 as a light tank)

|

V

Tier 6 - M24            T21    (Some type of buff/nerf to get the the M24 and T21 in line)

Tier 7 - M41            T71

Tier 8 - T92 Light              (The T71 shifts to T69 as usual)

Change the MM spread to something like...

Tier 4: Normal MM

Tier 5: Normal MM (Except ELC which would be 0/+2)

Tier 6-8: 0/+3 (Now that BT12 is going away +3 is all that is needed)

Edited by Chryses

I imagine the Bat could simply become the first t10 light if WG was clever. But otherwise slightly less firepower for hovertracks and high camo values? It would be "historical"-ish.

If they give it the stats it had as tier 9, sure

Very interesting. Though it does make me wonder what a tier 10 light tank could do, in order to make it competitive against tier 10 mediums.

I think the same post said there are no tier 9+ candidates even for major nations. Tier 8 with normal mm and meds filling the role at the very top makes more sense to me.

I'm thinking a US line would look like this...

Tier 2 - M2

Tier 3 - M3

Tier 4 - M5

Tier 5 - M7 ------------        (Reclass the M7 as a light tank)

|

V

Tier 6 - M24            T21    (Some type of buff/nerf to get the the M24 and T21 in line)

Tier 7 - M41            T71

Tier 8 - T92 Light              (The T71 shifts to T69 as usual)

Change the MM spread to something like...

Tier 4: Normal MM

Tier 5: Normal MM (Except ELC which would be 0/+2)

Tier 6-8: 0/+3 (Now that BT12 is going away +3 is all that is needed)

I would rather see the T21 retiered to 5, the Chaffee retiered to 6, then M41 at 7.

Normal MM for tier 4s, +1-3 for 5-8s.

I can see high-tier, long view-range, high-camo, blazing-fast lights as being a possible balance against too many TDs and campy play in general, but what do I know?

I don't think so.

It's a high risk - high reward tank class. One tiny mistake, one misjudgment and you are done.

If they prove to be OP, is that so bad? LT (low alpha) meta is a lot better then the current one.

They can also be rebalanced if necessary. And knowing WG, they will be rebalanced, I see an HP nerf incoming if they reduce their MM spread.

That's an interesting point you bring up there. Changing the meta to low alpha would indeed be something different and probably interesting.

I don't think so.

It's a high risk - high reward tank class. One tiny mistake, one misjudgment and you are done.

If they prove to be OP, is that so bad? LT (low alpha) meta is a lot better then the current one.

They can also be rebalanced if necessary. And knowing WG, they will be rebalanced, I see an HP nerf incoming if they reduce their MM spread.

I dunno.  the tier 7 and 8 lights would be unholy terror for tier 5 and 6 tanks, which is why I'd say giving them +1/+3 would be good (the 13 90 already has +1/+3 due to the removal of BT12).