Bridgeburner

Robocraft - The lovechild of Lego and WoT/WoWP/WT

They should probably do something about the tiering system. It's even worse than battletech's BV system.

Brought a t4 smg into a t1 game, so far nothing has survived more than 3 hits.

They should probably do something about the tiering system. It's even worse than battletech's BV system.

Brought a t4 smg into a t1 game, so far nothing has survived more than 3 hits.

I agree but it's not only about that but they need to add matchmaking weight to the guns you're using. In higher tiers 7-8 that im currently in you either get all the med bots or zero.

Usually though if you up-tier your guns that much you're very vulnerable to return fire since you'll have shit for armour...

Usually though if you up-tier your guns that much you're very vulnerable to return fire since you'll have shit for armour...

Try this for finding a balance, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OsQY7lIzuuhMewREMZM8Dlx_uTOafXABgeT4Y6-mAyo/edit#gid=1421821654

I just keep getting shotgunned by plasma gunbeds. Its not very fun to watch a literal 13 year old (this game seems to attract the minecraft crowd, who are literally all preteen boys) drive up, click, and cripple you before you can react.

Rexxie try staying at range with a SMG gun bed. Tap fire so your accuracy is improved and dodge when you see volleys coming in. 

I just keep getting shotgunned by plasma gunbeds. Its not very fun to watch a literal 13 year old (this game seems to attract the minecraft crowd, who are literally all preteen boys) drive up, click, and cripple you before you can react.

Use cover to protect most of your hull, or if you have extra cpu/tier points then make some decoy armor

Got plasma cannons last night, it's so much better and easier to use than the SMGs it's not even funny.

For lols made a tier 1 with 2 t3 plasma and it's not even close to fair.

There's so much cheese at low tiers, it's pretty bad if you're actually still a low tier player.

If you want cheese, I unlocked a tier 10 SMG a long time ago that only cost about 30k RP and with the old tech style. Look at it now and its tier 9 tech and over 100k. Anyways, I threw it on a bot to see what happens and it jumps me up to tier 7 and its my only gun but everytime I hit something I get stupid amounts of RP. 

Rexxie try staying at range with a SMG gun bed. Tap fire so your accuracy is improved and dodge when you see volleys coming in. 

It doesn't even seem to matter. Plasma bombers are gods, literally 90% of people are playing them. Even when overtiering my SMGs, it takes several orders of magnitude more time to kill one of them then for them to peek me. It's like T23E3 vs SU-122-44.

Also I use cover but the combat in this game is so ultra simplistic that I'm beginning to doubt it matters, especially for SMG users who need sustained fire.  Long range combat is fine and all but fliers get to dictate that, and ultimately the sustained dps of an SMG vs the amazing burst of a plasma at range will usually give the plasma user the win even then.

A given tier plasma cannon is more effective than a same tier SMG. Plus the frontloaded damage of multiple plasma cannons is just too much given how easy they are to use.

Would be balanced to limit it to at most 4 cannons salvo instead of 6 and lower the velocity so hitting at range isn't so trivial.

SMGs could use a buff too in the form of reduced max disperssion.

I started playing this again and like the direction the game is moving. Even with issues with balance, I think they are adding some interesting things into the game so I decided to get the $10 package to get premium for a month. ID: Tomego add me if you want an additional 5% per match.

I've been trying rails - they are great, love the playstyle - but jesus christ, half my shots do nothing. I dont just mean no damage, they travel right through people. Agh.

I've been trying rails - they are great, love the playstyle - but jesus christ, half my shots do nothing. I dont just mean no damage, they travel right through people. Agh.

Server lag?

Probably, it even does it in bot battles.

I sometimes hit stuff my lasers were nowhere near close to being at. Not that I complain in those instances but I would guess server lag or some sort? 

A given tier plasma cannon is more effective than a same tier SMG. Plus the frontloaded damage of multiple plasma cannons is just too much given how easy they are to use.

Would be balanced to limit it to at most 4 cannons salvo instead of 6 and lower the velocity so hitting at range isn't so trivial.

SMGs could use a buff too in the form of reduced max disperssion.

Also since reload for plasmas is tied to the number you have on your bot, loosing a gun actually INCREASES your DPS.

Also since reload for plasmas is tied to the number you have on your bot, loosing a gun actually INCREASES your DPS.

Depends, theres a delicate balance, the google spreadsheet I showed has the best theoretical balance, with allowance of playstyle for armor.

Not really. Losing a gun do not decreases the reload by the correspondant fraction of damage per salvo lost, but by a smaller one. Tested.

New patch out decreased plasma damage and radius by 10-15% and also fixed the no damage rail gun hits. Oh also lowered the ceiling height on some maps so plasma bombers really got screwed.

Nooooo. I want more plasma bombers, i love shooting them down

New patch out decreased plasma damage and radius by 10-15% and also fixed the no damage rail gun hits. Oh also lowered the ceiling height on some maps so plasma bombers really got screwed.

<3