Sipher351

Titanfall

So, as usual I was too late to the party on this one to get in the Beta. Anyone that has played it, is it as awesome as it looks? Can't decide on whether I plan to buy it or not. 

So, as usual I was too late to the party on this one to get in the Beta. Anyone that has played it, is it as awesome as it looks? Can't decide on whether I plan to buy it or not. 

I've never been so excited about a FPS since the COD 4 days... It just feels so right. They might need to nerf the smart-pistol a bit but everything else is amazing.

It's really the kind of game where you'll know if you love it or hate it after playing only a few games - I personally love it, and if you're a fan of multiplayer FPS games already, you probably will too.

It's really the kind of game where you'll know if you love it or hate it after playing only a few games - I personally love it, and if you're a fan of multiplayer FPS games already, you probably will too.

Well, I was a huge Halo 2 player. Then when Halo 3 came out, I played about 50-100 battles and burned out fast. 

Then I got hooked on CoD: MW2. Played the shit out of that, got to like 6th prestige. Then Black Ops came out, didn't like it. I also burned out on MW2 about this time. So I basically stopped playing both. Fast forward like 8 months or so, then I got super in to Black Ops cause I realized it was actually pretty good despite the different feel of the multiplayer. MW3 came out, couldn't get into it. BO2 came out, couldn't get into that either.

BF3 came out, I got into it pretty hard. Then right before Armored Kill came out, burned out on that too. Currently 0 interest in BF4, played like 2 beta battles, felt like the same thing but without my perks or unlocks. No thanks.

Really, besides WoW and WoT, I am rarely able to keep interest in a game for an extended period of time ( a year or more, posted my WoT 1 year anniversary like second week of Jan.) So, since Titanfall is a "new" thing by my standards, I feel like I could go in for this pretty hard. I just know we have some labbers that already are in the beta and am looking for some confirmation that it is, in fact, a bad ass game.

yep, I also missed the titanfall train. 

I was Going to watch Frankieonpc's vid of it, but then I noticed he has started playing the Last of us Left behind. so RIP that Idea.

I should watch it eventually.

Arstechnica has a good article covering both Pros and Cons of the game.

It sounds interesting but I'm always wary when something is pimped as the second coming of XYZ genre.

Titanfall actually surprised me. I had no intention in buying it because I saw the trailers and didn't seem interesting to me at all. Thought of it as another COD clone.

But when I played the beta, I instantly was hooked. 

Can't wait for its release :)

Basically call of dooty with vehicle and 6v6...

I prefer something like Battlefield 2142 with at least 64 players.  Slower pace but make battle much more epic but organically instead of throwing in bots.

Nice thing is that Battlefield 4 appears to be getting Carrier assault mode, which is basically titan mode but with ships...which isn't as cool but still a much more fresh game mode for recent games.

So no Titanfall for me; mech isn't as cool if it does not have a dodging mechanism.

So no Titanfall for me; mech isn't as cool if it does not have a dodging mechanism.

Try Hawken. Those Mechs can dodge like nothing else :-)

Although the version currently available via Steam seems to be more unstable than previous ones. It's crashing on my 660 Ti all the time now :-(

I was cautiously optimistic about it with all the hype, a lot of games have been heavily hyped and then disappointed.  This is one of the first times where after playing it I feel like some of the hype was justified.  The game is just stupidly fun, the movement mechanics feel amazing and extremely fluid.  It actually seems to be balanced pretty well, the Titans are powerful but pilots are not helpless against them either.  

Basically call of dooty with vehicle and 6v6...

I prefer something like Battlefield 2142 with at least 64 players.  Slower pace but make battle much more epic but organically instead of throwing in bots.

Nice thing is that Battlefield 4 appears to be getting Carrier assault mode, which is basically titan mode but with ships...which isn't as cool but still a much more fresh game mode for recent games.

The mobility makes it play fairly different from COD, people come in faster from more angles and there's a lot more verticality.  The time to kill a player is probably closer to halo than cod as well.  Also have you played it? The mechs do have a dodging mechanism, it's limited but quite effective if used well.

Its really kinda meh tbh.

Imagine BF series+parkour+Mechs.

It fails to grab my attention in anyway. The maps are small, the teams are small..... I might have actually enjoyed it if there was at least a 16v16. It was made definitely for the console kiddies(CoD etc)

Its really kinda meh tbh.

Imagine BF series+parkour+Mechs.

It fails to grab my attention in anyway. The maps are small, the teams are small..... I might have actually enjoyed it if there was at least a 16v16. It was made definitely for the console kiddies(CoD etc)

It says something that the biggest FPS I'm looking forward to this year is... WoT 9.0. Maybe WT, maybe PS2...

Battlefields bleh now. CoD needs to die already. Titanfall was kinda fun and fast, enough to warrant a pre order. Compared to a few years back, there were three big franchises (CoD, BF, MoH to a smaller extent) and some smaller stuff...

But I got this. It was fast paced, limited amount of weapons, and I dont like driving a Titan. Its the best of the worst lately.

I'll be getting it, for sure.  Its on Origin, isn't it?

In any case, if anyone wants to add me for someone to play with, my ID is: SirTerrachova

I'd be happy to play with ya.

Haven't played it but to me it doesn't look that great. The bots and the 6v6 don't bug me, but it looks like they were trying to replicate the sort of epicness and chaos that franchises like Battlefield and even HALO have mastered. It doesn't look bad, but it really doesn't look that good compared to some of the shooters out there already. One of the things I have noticed, however, is that pilots are not totally helpless against Titans and are, in fact, major threats to them. In Battlefield there is a definite sense of inferiority when playing infantry against AFVs, and when you are fighting helicopters and jets, there is not much you can do short of wild rocket shots.

Well, gonna play my Tanks for the day, then get me some Titanfall.  Origin is SirTerrachova if anyone wants to add me.

Titanfall's pretty good so far.  Definitely Call of Duty feel though, and it seems to suffer from the issue (at the moment) of throwing teams of rank 1s with the stock loadouts against teams of rank 30+ who have plenty of options to choose from, as well as weapon modifications and such...

Which is a little silly if you ask me.  There should be more than enough rank nothings to throw two teams together when they're teams of 6.

And, the ever-present netcoding issues are there as well.  Either that, or weird game design.  Its often difficult to tell when you're getting shot (or getting shot at), and you'll run into cases where you'll just drop dead, and see on the killcam that he dumped a full mag into you.  That kind of thing.

It is a lot of fun though.  The freerunning opens up a LOT of options, and the Titans... they're interesting.  Take some getting used to, and it feels like pilot weaponry is VERY powerful against them (seriously, the portable rockets seem to do more damage than Titan weapons to Titans)... but fun.  I'll keep playing it for a while, for sure.

I really want to play it.  It looks really fun, but just because it is associated with EA.  I am very wary of it.  I'm just thinking that if I buy it, it will be 60$ for a buggy game, pretty much 60$ down the drain.