Orange_Oberst

On Consistency - What are your strategies consistently achieve great games ?

Question

As I progress through this game, I find I am my worst enemy.

I play this game for fun, to relax after work. I mostly only have fun when I win, and when I have the feeling I am playing well.

This is what a typical night looks like :

on_consistency.jpg

I manage an average of 3600 wn8 with 80% win rate , not too shabby.

However, look at the distribution :  i have shit / lower average games followed by a string of great games/carries. 

Now my objective would be to only have great games, so what strategies could I use as I strive to be more consistent ?

what are your tricks ?

5 answers to this question

Don't let your emotions get ahold of you, often times when i play with a platoonmate, they cave in to pressure, one fuck up and they get emotional then starts to cascade into a fail train.

This happens to everyone in various degrees, one fail leads to "the need to compensate", which leads to derp gamble strat in hope of making up for the last fail, which often times leads to more fail and so on.

Think clearly, don't let your emotions affect you. No matter if its anger or joy,it only serves to drag you down.

Don't let your emotions get ahold of you, often times when i play with a platoonmate, they cave in to pressure, one fuck up and they get emotional then starts to cascade into a fail train.

This happens to everyone in various degrees, one fail leads to "the need to compensate", which leads to derp gamble strat in hope of making up for the last fail, which often times leads to more fail and so on.

Think clearly, don't let your emotions affect you. No matter if its anger or joy,it only serves to drag you down.

well said.

冲动是魔鬼,how do you put that in english? Impulse is the devil (from google translate)?

This completely. 

Play on your terms not the games. Getting tired? Stop. Having Bad RNG? Stop. Don't like the match making? Stop. Too many good players online? Stop. 

Just to add to/emphasize Carbon's post, re-read this thread, probably the best forum thread ever posted:

Definitely a great read ,

After reflexion, I find one of my tiliting point is when I miss / rng bounce that second shot in an autoloader and stick around for a third .... Then I take 1k damage in return and it goes downhill from there .

Some good food for thought.