JenkaTamar

Possible release date for 0.9.0 test server

Ripped from FTR.   Silent Shadow  points out that the source is not his usual one and may be unreliable

0.9.0 Test ETA

Hello everyone,

an piece of information came up: the 0.9.0 test might be planned for 6th of March and it will be huge: 15Gb. Please note that this piece of information is not from “usual sources” and therefore I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

- SS

Well, considering hd textures and Havok, 15Gb is just fine. It would be nice if it's March the 6., that's rather soon..

I am happy with the development efforts for WG games. But, the patches are coming fast and furious. The mod updates every few weeks is a PITA.

The update is coming soon I agree, and I like others want to see the nice changes to the game in a graphical way. I hope this will stop some of the FPS drops I have and improve the game as I think it will. It would be nice to get some official information regarding this, as I will test it out for sure! 15 Gig download is no problem for my isp or HD space :)

FTR posts today that the date for 9.0 is not March 6th. The source was not correct.

I just want to drop a building on someone.

Really REALLY badly.

The Tiger model doesn't look like much other than a HD texture blopped over the old model. The new Sherman and T-54, on the other hand... that's completely new!

For those interested, QB is streaming the 9.0 test server right now.

Details I noticed so far in historical battles:

- JT gets the short 128mm

- Ferdi gets the long 88mm

- SU-152 gets the derp with 1 Heat

- ISU 152 gets the 122 mm (!!) with 2 apcr

- KV1S doesn't get the 122

- sniper view has a bluish "color filter"

- ammorack on a JT makes large fireball (on max detail) but the superstructure does not fly off

EDIT Part 2 with a training room for ammoracks:

30 leo 1s lined up, shooting in the correct spot below the turret...

Slighly less than 50% died of ammorack, on average at the third shot.

Turrets do fly off with a large fireball, up to say 15 meters... they come down and are persistent object (i.e. do not vanish).

It is possible to push them around or climb over them, the physics of it is a bit buggy though

A turret landed on a live tank and started killing it, few dmg points per second sustained until death. He tried to shake it off, but it didn't work

Repeating the experiment with 30 Maus was a little different: the turret that landed on someone did not seem to damage it significantly.

Prokhorovka Historical Battle is absolutely how I will be grinding my Panther when this goes live;  I've had an admittedly small sample thus far but they haven't even been close.

Well, it's hard to put my finger on it, really.

I just found myself having pure fun and enjoying the game :)

Some observations:

The Tiger 1 is an absolute steel fortress in this mode. 152mm derp HE is pretty much the only serious threat to it. 76mm guns just bounce off, even against the sides and rear.

Playing Russians (except for the 152mm derp slingers) is tricky. I tried my KV1S (76mm gun and just 3 gold rounds), and found I was most useful as a spotter for our TD's, and distraction for the enemy.

We did win the match, after an SU85 and I flanked around the hill and got the Tigers and a Ferdinand surrounded.

Second match, in a Tiger 1, was real fun. My team consisted of three Tigers, a Ferdinand and a Panther. Enemy team had a bunch of SU152's, a couple of KV1S's and some T-34's. They outnumbered us 2 to 1.

As one of just a few relatively powerful tanks, I had a huge impact on the battle. And it felt great!

All tanks get their historical module and ammo loadout, btw. So no sprem-spam.

Gonna see if I can upload some replays after the weekend. I'm certainly gonna play more of this.

Panther is a beast in historical battles, I'm going to have to research it. I already have SU-152 and Tiger.

Panther is a beast in historical battles, I'm going to have to research it. I already have SU-152 and Tiger.

Out of the tier 7+ German vehicles the Panther has the lowest hp pool, dpm, and vision range.  Most enemy teams have enough of a clue to try and circle you so the weaker side armor is also an issue.

With that being said it's the one German tier 7+ vehicle that seems to offer a bit of a challenge (and thus some remotely fun gameplay).  In the few games I've gotten in if I'm in my KT or Tiger it's already game over.  The Panther is making me work for it.