rocketbrainsurgeon

WZ-111: Shockingly Strongk

I refer to the 111 1-4 as the "Four 1-4" just because the 111 exists, even though it doesn't outside China.

Anyway, I find the 1-4 vastly preferable to the IS-8. Both take a big gun and move it around the field relatively quickly, but the 1-4 is more durable while doing it. It's one of the three tier 9s I kept in my garage for enjoyment, and the only tier 9 heavy. Also, it makes the 113 feel like a bit of a letdown.

Is the gun handling similar to the IS-7?

Roughly, yes.  But since it faces easier competition, it doesn't fail quite so spectacularly as the IS-7's gun.

Watch the video, and you'll see that the gun fails twice in bizarre fashion: once on the side of a waffle and once on the side of an E-75.

I came to love my WZ 111 1-4 before I unlocked the 113. It is still sitting in my garage without a crew but as little as I play my 113 I am considering putting them back in the 1-4. I hope this article can create some interest in this overlooked tank.

111111-4 is awesome, i kept the tank (and crew in it) and used a trash crew for 113, 113 is rather shit, but 111111-4 is more then worth the grind to get, nice tank to play and very strong

I have the 1-4 right now and absolutely love it. I was a bit apprehensive after thoroughly enjoying the 110, but it has been a lot of fun. I'll probably unlock the 113 in the next week or two, but I'm not wasting the credits on buying the 113. I figure if it ever is in line to get a buff I'll pick it up, but for now the WZ-111 1-4 will remain my top tier Chinese heavy.

The 113 is pretty mediocre tbh.  Its armor is great in theory but is so easily negated by height or angle its unreliable.  Add in a gun that's merely average and no camo and its just not that good.

My breaking point with the 113 came when I also found out that the turret can be reliably penetrated on the sides of the mantlet.  No thanks to all of that.

Without angling, the entire hull is a uniform 210-230mm effective. This is not very good, especially if you want to bounce 250mm+ pen rounds.

Now, let's angle it slightly to one side; now the weaker side of the pike is 210-215mm. The stronger side of the pike is now 250-260mm. Because the pike is so slight, angling only reduced your effective armor by about 15mm. However, because the pike combined with the sloped armor on the 111 is so extreme, angling increased your far pike by 40mm. The best part of this is that the 111 has only to angle very slightly to do this; most of your opponents won't even notice.

This should obviously only be done when you need 250mm+ protection, but this is a regularity in a T9 heavy.

Problem with WZ-111 1-4 is in its unreliability - either armor or hitting a target. I have many very nice games with 5K+ dmg, 4K+ bounced and also a lot of games where I die early, when T-44 comes and decimates me because the armor is so... Also missing fully aimed shots is awful. But overall, I like this tank very much, its mobility is nice and in brawl with mediums you have the upper hand. I even enjoy playing it more than E-75, because of its mobility and faster reload. But accuracy is just worse. Only thing that was really disappointing for me was worse armor than in 110. 110 feels way more reliable, with better angles on front, better side armor and even lfp feels harder, not mentioning gun accuracy. Still grinding to tier 10, but I am unsure if I keep WZ in my garage, I like it, but there are more reliable tanks and I have my 110 as my preferred T8 heavy, which si very similar but imo better for its tier. RBS hint to fire fire fire is actually the best you can do in this tank - if you manage 4 hits a game you have some nice 2K dmg. And RBS did not mention its awfully vulnerable ammo rack - even with safe stowage it gets damaged quite often when frontally hit. I would say - shockingly strongk and often weak.