rocketbrainsurgeon

121 - Nothing but brawling

The Chinese tanks are definitely underrated, but my videos aren't showing the times when:

• I'm sitting uselessly nearby the fight because of the terrible gun depression
  • I miss 5 shots in a row due to RNG and twitch-fighting
  • I die almost instantly because brawling is high risk
  • I do very little because 1/3 of the maps out there are completely terrible for brawling

If you have the RU tanks, it's not necessary to get the CH ones.  For extremely minor benefits in brawling, the CH tanks sacrifice a lot.

Damn, your videos are kinda tempting me to get some of the Chinese tanks, but I'm not looking forward to the M4A1 Stuart and the long grind through the Type 58.

Really?  I loved the M4A1 and right now I have ~72% WR in the Type 58 haha, they're great!

If you have the RU tanks, it's not necessary to get the CH ones.  For extremely minor benefits in brawling, the CH tanks sacrifice a lot.

With but a couple exceptions, I agree. The 121, in particular, I find quite enjoyable, but there are very good reasons it hasn't supplanted the T-62A/Obj. 140.

Really?  I loved the M4A1 and right now I have ~72% WR in the Type 58 haha, they're great!

-shudder- Probably the memories of the Chaffee/M7 grind which are putting me off.

I've probably also been spoiled by the T-34-85, which has a premium round that won't pull off random bullshit bounces off a T29's hull, though I can see where the 20% better fire rate would come in handy. Never played either of the tier 6 American mediums so I'm used to having 140+ pen at tier 6.

I have the IS-3 unlocked already, so I guess I won't be going for the 110 then.

After grinding out both the T-34-1 and IS -2, I have a 60% winrate in the Type 58. I'm not sure how that happened.

-shudder- Probably the memories of the Chaffee/M7 grind which are putting me off.

I've probably also been spoiled by the T-34-85, which has a premium round that won't pull off random bullshit bounces off a T29's hull, though I can see where the 20% better fire rate would come in handy. Never played either of the tier 6 American mediums so I'm used to having 140+ pen at tier 6.

I have the IS-3 unlocked already, so I guess I won't be going for the 110 then.

I find the Chinese Stuart to be far better than the American could ever hope to be. Possessing a gun with some pen works wonders.

Edited by TouchFluffyTail

I'm not saying the toolbox or crew setup is wholly correct.  Putting optics on the tank makes it a bad T62, and I don't want to play a bad T62.  I'd rather go all-in on a bad plan rather than halvsies on two bad plans.

Putting optics on a tank gives you par view range, because every other competent t10 will have 440+ view range.  It isn't about being a scout, its about not being blind.

And then at least you can glare at them angrily from further away whilst you try and find some godforsaken combination of terrain which will allow you to point your actual gun at them (which will then miss because RNG).

Edit: You want camo for the same reason you want optics, if you don't have it you have a 40m vision disadvantage vs every other bugger who does.)

Toolbox?  wat...  Even if you're brawling, you should still put on GLD, you're not going to be brawling all the time.  There are many many times you need to pull off a sudden shot at 100m+ and GLD is much better.  Toolbox is not helpful at all, it is a grinding equipment for tanks you can't afford to buy a rammer or GLD or vert stab.

Played the 121 like 30 times on my sheriff account and have to say it's one of my favourite tier 10 meds.  The extra 50 alpha helps ALOT, you're not in a position where you will always be 1v1 against another tier 10 med.  This is a 15v15 game, so dealing damage as a whole is more important and that extra 50 alpha helps ALOT.  The gun control and gun depression is bad but it is the only thing keeping this tank from borderline OP imo. 

The armor is OP not because of thickness but because of the trolliness like any other russian/chinese med due to its sloping and low profile, making it very bouncy and hard to hit on the move.

This tank, like the T-62A/140, is a medium tank you actually have to aim at to reliably penetrate and still have a chance of bouncing just due to how low profile it is and the sloping/OP turret makes it that much bouncier.

Putting optics on a tank gives you par view range, because every other competent t10 will have 440+ view range.  It isn't about being a scout, its about not being blind.

I never put optics on any medium or any of my tier 10s.  Hell I don't put optics on ANY of my tanks, I put binocs instead usually on tanks like the borsig or hellcat

I never put optics on any medium or any of my tier 10s.  Hell I don't put optics on ANY of my tanks, I put binocs instead usually on tanks like the borsig or hellcat

That's because you sit in back and snipe like a bitch in your gold spamming padding platoons.

I think the wz 111 1-4's 130mm would have been a better option for this tank. You have 100 more alpha at the cost of worse aim time and accuracy, but you're not going to need that for a brawl. It just seems to fit the forced playstyle of the tank better.

penultimate
pɪˈnʌltɪmət/
adjective
adjective: penultimate
  1. 1.
    last but one in a series of things; second last.

Sorry... I teach English for a living and couldn't resist. Penultimate brawling tank just doesn't make sense. =(

That's because you sit in back and snipe like a bitch in your gold spamming padding platoons.

Lol?  And this is why I have 4k WN8 alone with a couple of other people on the server.  Because I stay back and snipe in base with an IS-6 and somehow get 3k dpg

Lol?  And this is why I have 4k WN8 alone with a couple of other people on the server.  Because I stay back and snipe in base with an IS-6 and somehow get 3k dpg

Congratulations on trying to compare your peak to everyone else's routine.  Now let's look at your main...oh wait! Its terrible.

yeah my main is terrible, what's your point lol

My point is you haven't accomplished anything worth mentioning.  So you got 4k wn8 under ideal conditions...virtually everyone on this site can say the same, and has the 60 day/recent tanks to prove it.  That's all your reroll is.

Get

Out

Stat

Padding

mr. sexii