http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/28/storm-talks-about-9-0-mega-qa/#more-8773

it's a huge list of points that are a jumbled mess so i combining the relevant points here for convenience.

This Q&A seems to highlight how much is not making it into 9.0 and there is very little that is confirmed to be included in 9.0

First, the stuff that is not making it into 9.0:

- Havok will not come in 9.0, but it will come this year

- multicore support will not come soon, not in 9.1 or 9.2 at least

- drawing range will not be reworked into circle in 9.0, the drawing range from 724 to 565 meters will not be reduced

- ETA of viewrange change is not known, Storm states many tests are needed

- TD camo nerf will not come in 9.0, but it is planned

- no tanks will get nerfed or buffed in 9.0

- there will be no new map in 9.0

- new regular tanks will not come in 9.0 (or 9.1) (SS: earlier it was leaked that 9.1 could bring US lights, I guess they changed that)

- hangar carousel, company and training room interface rework will not come in 9.0

- new engine/track sounds will not come in 9.0, 9.0 test will have new engine sounds, but for feedback purposes only, new sounds will be released in 9.1 or 9.2

- 9.0 will contain no HD map object/landscape rework

- new motion physics: 9.1 or 9.2

- the question of gold ammo rebalance (by other means than by changing its price) is kinda “stuck”, no solution yet

- the idea of reducing the damage of HEAT shells has little internal support in Wargaming apparently, will definitely not appear in 9.0

- in 9.0, no user mod functions will be added (SS: as in, functions, currently obtainable only by using mods)

- roaming will come in in Summer or Fall

- alternative hulls: 9.2 or later

Here is some of what will (maybe) be included in 9.0:

- new vehicles in 9.0: Panzer IV getting split to 3 vehicles (tier 3-5), StuG to 2 vehicles (tier 4-5), supertesters will get some stuff for testing (Storm later states that tier 5 StuG will remain unchanged)

- Crossfire support will be implemented

- new hangars will come in 9.0 (both regular and premium)

Sounds like they desperately need an 8.12 update. Clearly 9.0 isn't finished. Quite disappointing really, with all the videos they have put up recently advertising the coming havok engine and HD rework.

Well it was a Q&A so hopefully it's just a case of not asking the right questions and that it will include a lot more than what is indicated in that list.

Still no kv1s nerf. How the hell can it take so long to nerf the most op tank in the history of russian game development?

Because it isn't op? If anything the SU-122-44 needs a slight nerf

Do you really think so? Just because there are lots of cool stuff NOT coming in 9.0 doesn't make it bad. I'm pretty sure the new HD models for some of the tanks + rebalancing of  "Serene Coast, Pearl River, Malinovka, Severogorsk" is good enough for me.

Because it isn't op? If anything the SU-122-44 needs a slight nerf

Cause a tier 6 tank having comparable firepower to a tier 8 is completely balanced

Cause a tank having little drawbacks other than "supbar armor" and poor accuracy is completely balanced

I can go on about this all day, but I just wanted you to know you're wrong

You forget that the first batch of HD models are also coming in 9.0

Edit:

Still no kv1s nerf. How the hell can it take so long to nerf the most op tank in the history of russian game development?

You obviously were not around for the old KV...

Edited by KnobbyHobbGoblin

You forget that the first batch of HD models are also coming in 9.0

Edit:

You obviously were not around for the old KV...

Or pre nerf Marder II, as op as tonks got

Cause a tier 6 tank having comparable firepower to a tier 8 is completely balanced

Cause a tank having little drawbacks other than "supbar armor" and poor accuracy is completely balanced

current KV-1s was considered either to be: useless and shit, or fun, but weak and much worse as KV3

so no wonder WG hasnt nerfed it, first ppl rage the tank is shit, and 1 year later the exact same tank is ``total OP``....

only problem is that it is noobproof, with too much dpm / gun depression (for so much mobility, alpha dmg and penetration)

Do you really think so? Just because there are lots of cool stuff NOT coming in 9.0 doesn't make it bad. I'm pretty sure the new HD models for some of the tanks + rebalancing of  "Serene Coast, Pearl River, Malinovka, Severogorsk" is good enough for me.

Didn't say it was bad.....it's just...... underwhelming. 

Seems like it should've just been 8.12 but i suppose the introduction of HD models is significant. 

Regardless, it's probably time to change the name of this section of the forum since we're definitely not getting Havok in 9.0

Didn't say it was bad.....it's just...... underwhelming. 

Seems like it should've just been 8.12 but i suppose the introduction of HD models is significant. 

Regardless, it's probably time to change the name of this section of the forum since we're definitely not getting Havok in 9.0

well, WG names a patch 0.6/.7/.8/.9 depending on the software work behind it i think, not really on what the patch brings, 7.0 also didnt bring much stuff, yet it was a ``big patch``

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Changelog070

well, WG names a patch 0.6/.7/.8/.9 depending on the software work behind it i think, not really on what the patch brings, 7.0 also didnt bring much stuff, yet it was a ``big patch``

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Changelog070

7.0 actually was a pretty big patch, with the reworked TCs, and a lot of work on the backend for multicluster tech. It also set the stage for the French line, which was added in 7.1 just a few weeks later. One could argue that the French line played a huge part in changing the game with the introduction of fast autoloaders.

How the hell does komarin survive without a re-work?

Because this *is* reworked Komarin!

Trust WG to take a bad map and make it worse!

Why exactly was it necessary to split the Pz-4 and Stug into multiple vehicles? "Ermagerd that other tank game has variants of same tanks, we need to do this too!" Waste of time and resources.

I'd rather play 24/7 Komarin than ever play another match on Tundra. I can't stand that map.

This is not okay, Wulfe.

ExtS9z8.png

Well then, I see.

Don't forget the atrocious gun handling, and yes I can see how wrong I am. Thank you for showing the truth

Well then, I see.

Don't forget the atrocious gun handling, and yes I can see how wrong I am. Thank you for showing the truth

It's easy to get around the gun handling by hugging cover and waiting to pop out after you are aimed in, its literally the same play style as the IS just a tier earlier.

7.0 actually was a pretty big patch, with the reworked TCs, and a lot of work on the backend for multicluster tech. It also set the stage for the French line, which was added in 7.1 just a few weeks later. One could argue that the French line played a huge part in changing the game with the introduction of fast autoloaders.

thats true, but the patch itself didnt contain much usefull imo

Why exactly was it necessary to split the Pz-4 and Stug into multiple vehicles? "Ermagerd that other tank game has variants of same tanks, we need to do this too!" Waste of time and resources.

I'd rather play 24/7 Komarin than ever play another match on Tundra. I can't stand that map.

for historical battles, to balance stuff better (and more realistic aswell)

- Storm confirms that Panzer IV and StuG split happened due to historical battles, new StuG and PIV models will be the last models in the old quality (not HD)

Long overdue IMO.  Historically there were a lot of PzIV variants and it always struck as being odd that they only had one version in this game considering that it was the Germans most significant tank.   Significant in the sense that it was their only tank to be used in combat throughout the entirety of WWII.

current KV-1s was considered either to be: useless and shit, or fun, but weak and much worse as KV3

so no wonder WG hasnt nerfed it, first ppl rage the tank is shit, and 1 year later the exact same tank is ``total OP``....

only problem is that it is noobproof, with too much dpm / gun depression (for so much mobility, alpha dmg and penetration)

Does this thing look like foolproof?

This is not okay, Wulfe.

ExtS9z8.png

To me it looks like total fucking gloriously op.

It is easy to miss op tanks if they are rare like kv1s used to be. But now they are in every game where there are tier 6s. Tanks like kv3 even at their peak were not even close to this popular.

The old marder III is like t49. It is only op if you know how to use it. But tanks like hellcats or kv1s are just pure op because everyone overperforms in them. The old kv3 had to fight tier 10s which made its armor worth more than the mobility of the kv1s which limited its ability to totally dominate. The old kv with the derpyderp was slow, was even more inaccurate then it is now because of the wg-fail aiming "bug" where 20% of your shots went to the edges of the aiming circle. Add to that the fact that it also played against t9 heavies.

The way the mm is now kv1s is the most op tank I can imagine atm. Hellcat is close. And the fact that there are so many kv1s tanks just totally destroys the gameplay on that tier imho.

The way the mm is now kv1s is the most op tank I can imagine atm. Hellcat is close. And the fact that there are so many kv1s tanks just totally destroys the gameplay on that tier imho.

I actually don't mind them in pub games. MM tries to not put too many in one battle and they are still relatively easy to counter given its long reload and low DPM.

What I do have an issue with is how they are overused in TCs. Medium TC has been a KV-1S slugging fest for so long that it feels rather stale.

MM tries to not put too many in one battle and they are still relatively easy to counter given its long reload and low DPM.

Low DPM doesn't mean much when you still have enough alpha to kill the enemy in 2 shots

You might be able to kill the KV-1S much "faster" than it can kill you, but all it needs is one shot and then 13 seconds for the next and unless he bounces or gets a low roll no amount of DPM will save you